1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's here! (Well, almost)

Just got off the phone with my dealer. My car was invoiced to them this morning, which means that she'll be on the lot either today or tomorrow! Yay!!!!

Take heart, west coasters... our babies have arrived!

Old 05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
cnreng
2nd Gear
All right sfodoug........

I have been resisting calling my MA.....can't....hold...much.....longer.......

Old 05-31-2006, 11:05 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
They almost messed up half of my option specs.
Too bad we're not playing baseball. .500 would be pretty good.

All kidding aside, your spec doesn't seem too outrageous, so a little calling around may turn up something for you. On the other hand, the car on the lot doesn't sound bad to me, either... although I'd have to see a white headliner in person. I personally really like the silver body panels, which should be no surprise since that's what's in my MINI, and the black/silver looks cool from the pics I've seen. But, it's not the car you ordered.

The interesting thing about all this, to me anyway, is that I've been giving a lot of thought to how I'd respond to any mistakes on the part of the dealer. At the end of the day, there are only a few things about the car I spec'd that are really deal breakers for me.
  • It's gotta be a convertible
  • It's gotta be an S
  • It's gotta have bun warmers
  • It's gotta have Xenons
  • It's gotta have a garage door opener
Beyond that, I'm pretty flexible about colors, upholstery, etc., so long as it looks good. But, this is just my view of my MINI.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:08 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
Just got off the phone with my dealer. My car was invoiced to them this morning, which means that she'll be on the lot either today or tomorrow! Yay!!!!

Take heart, west coasters... our babies have arrived!
Get out!!!!!

That is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! You know, i have had the date June 8th in my head for some time now, but i hope that it is going to be earlier than that.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Well, I just called the trucking Company and the driver is, and he is in Lompoc, CA. The lazy bastard hasn't made it very far yet!!

But at least I know the car is headed North!! YAY!! My MA is off on Tues and Weds so I cant freak out on him until tomorrow. hehe. hopefully he will have a solid date for me.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:26 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Maybe if I start drinking now, the time will go faster....

Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 AM
cnreng
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
But you might sleep right through the delivery.....

Are you having any dealer installed options?

Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Yeah, Driving lights and iPod adaptor. I think there was something else, but I forgot if there was or noit. I should probably check that out.

Edit: Invisisheild. Yeah, Thats it. Invisishield. (or clearbra or whatever they call it)

Old 05-31-2006, 11:48 AM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Yeah, Driving lights and iPod adaptor. I think there was something else, but I forgot if there was or noit. I should probably check that out.

Edit: Invisisheild. Yeah, Thats it. Invisishield. (or clearbra or whatever they call it)
Congrats Andy!! Your MINI was on the Centaurus Leader also right? How did your MINI get on a truck so fast!

How much is your dealer charging for the clearbra. My dealer wants $1388 for something similar done by a local company called Clear Armor! That company is local to me, so if I go direct to Clear Armor, they only want $1195! They add this protection to places I don't really care, like the door edges, gas cap area.

I found a local guy from the Subaru club that will do the hood, hoodscoop, bumper, mirrors, headlights, foglights, driving lights, and door handle cups for $500 cash.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I think my clear bra is around $700 or something installed. Well worth it in my opinion.

If you want to contact the trucking company, their number is 1-800-999-9097. Just tell them that you want to track a car they are shipping and they will ask you where from (oxnard).

Old 05-31-2006, 12:09 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
Thanks AndyWSea for the trucking company info! My baby is about to get loaded onto a truck by tonite and it'll be @ Long Beach MINI tomorrow! Woohoo!

My baby is SO close!

I'm dancing around my cube right now and my coworkers think I'm insane!

YIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
Just wondering how our MINIs got out of the VDC so quickly. Just worried that I'm getting excited too soon...hmmm...

Old 05-31-2006, 12:17 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by M1N1N1M
How much is your dealer charging for the clearbra. My dealer wants $1388 for something similar done by a local company called Clear Armor! That company is local to me, so if I go direct to Clear Armor, they only want $1195! They add this protection to places I don't really care, like the door edges, gas cap area.

I found a local guy from the Subaru club that will do the hood, hoodscoop, bumper, mirrors, headlights, foglights, driving lights, and door handle cups for $500 cash.
My dealership (Mini of Peabody, Massachusetts) charged me $595 for the invisishield installation. If I were you, I'd go with the Subaru club if they've had good reviews on fitting these to MINIs.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Well....I guess the constant calls and the visit up there made a small difference. They are willing to give me a $200 discount off the price. (in theory saving 400 off of my original price since they can't charge me for the anthracite). Still up in the air about it, but atleast they are trying.
To me, $200 seems like an insult. Outside of the lack of preium package (or sunroof), your specs don't sound THAT crazy. I would suggest that you contact the dealer and have them look through all the available cars, or all the cars currently in production or in shipment, and starting with some basic specs (like MCS, Color), start narrowing the field. If you're flexible about taking one with a sunroof, you might find it out there. I would think that the dealer could install the xenons if they have to. See what you can do to get as close as possible to what you spec'd. Or have a long sit in the new car and see if you could get used to the interior.

My take on it is that it's not what you wanted, so every time you get in the car you'll be reminded that it's not what you wanted, and even if you grow to accept it, you'll still have this regret in the back of your mind. In the long term, you probably won't regret waiting a month or so more for getting exactly what you ordered. Those are my two cents...I'd either compromise on something available or re-order.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:33 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mininini
Just wondering how our MINIs got out of the VDC so quickly. Just worried that I'm getting excited too soon...hmmm...
Well, I guess the ship got in Monday, so that was plenty of time to get through the VDC! Don't worry! Its not like its gonna sit there for a month

Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
I think my clear bra is around $700 or something installed. Well worth it in my opinion.

If you want to contact the trucking company, their number is 1-800-999-9097. Just tell them that you want to track a car they are shipping and they will ask you where from (oxnard).
Hi Andy,

Do all our MINI get shipped by the same trucking company? I called the number above an the person gave me another number for oxnard, 1-800-449-3195.

Thanks! Oh the waiting!!!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Well, the trucking company is Waggoner and when I called, she transfered me to someone else to help me. Could have been that number.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
I take it this is the same trucking company for all MINIs? Mine is headed to SLC (MINI of Murray), so I'm not sure if it would be the same trucking company?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:43 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I am not too sure, I would imagine that it would be. Can't hurt to call and find out!!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
RallyMINI, I was reading thru the thread and I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that your MINI' interior order was incorrect. I agree with AMW, that $200 off is crap consolation for getting the entire interior wrong. The dealer's has go to take @ least $600+ off the MSRP for this mistake.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
mininini
2nd Gear

Old 05-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Okay, just called... they haven't released mine yet. :(

Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 PM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Well, the trucking company is Waggoner and when I called, she transfered me to someone else to help me. Could have been that number.
I tried the other number I listed above. I think they are getting lots of calls. The person who answered barely said Waggoner, then put me on hold. Maybe I call my MA later instead.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minitee
Okay, just called... they haven't released mine yet. :(
Don't worry Minitee...yours is probably queued up like mine is to get on a truck and mine is getting loaded tonite so maybe yours too!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
HAHA, they are probably not used to dealing with our type of psychotic neurosis.

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group