1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:39 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Doug! I only spent $160!! Of course I havnt gotten my cotten towels yet, but I figure that will give me a chance to get into my car and motor to the store.

I think its a wise decision. I mean, look how much you paid for the car, you want it to look good and to maintain the paint and especially the convertible top. Yeah , $350 is a lot up front, but if over time it saves you from having to any major paint or repair work to the top, its a good investment.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:48 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
Dang Doug! I only spent $160!!
Gee, thanks. That makes me feel better. NOT. I was right there with you, having purchased a bunch of Zaino stuff, but then ...

Of course I havnt gotten my cotten towels yet, but I figure that will give me a chance to get into my car and motor to the store.
See, that's what got me in trouble. A new nozzle, a pack of MF's, RagTopp, Aerospace 303, new MF mitts. I skipped the duster and the whoop-dee-doo bucket 'cuz I was already about the total.

I'll have to take BradB's marriage advice from the Detailing forum and sacrifice some of the MF's to household duties. However, with this outlay, the wife will be expecting me to be the one using them to clean the house!

Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Thanks guys! I spent about $120 or so on new detailing supplies (Sonus MF towels, more Klasse, etc), so when she questions me on it (and she will), I'll be able to say I spent a lot less than you two. I appreciate the help.

Andy, you're not looking too well. I think you should leave work early. hint. hint.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Minitee
I'll be able to say I spent a lot less than you two. I appreciate the help.
You guys are killin' me.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Thanks guys! I spent about $120 or so on new detailing supplies (Sonus MF towels, more Klasse, etc), so when she questions me on it (and she will), I'll be able to say I spent a lot less than you two. I appreciate the help.

Andy, you're not looking too well. I think you should leave work early. hint. hint.
HAHA!

I am leaving early at 3:00, or as soon as my ride shows up, probably around 2:45 or so. GAH!! It feels like i am sleepwalking today! at least one of my coworkers called out today, that way I have more work to do to keep my mind off things. Yeah, I can keep my mind off of my MINI. Psh.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Ok, the MINIs in my stomache are flying around like crazy!!! All consentration is now out the window. My work is done (for the most part, the rest can wait till tomorrow). I will just answer calls as they come! Ok, I am sooooo ready to get the car now. :impatient

Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Hang in there Andy...

Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
If this silly putty at my desk was, say, a mouse....It would be a little pile of bloody pulp....

Old 06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
4:29pm... I picture Andy just standing there waiting to pounce on his new car.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Wow... 9:16 pm and counting. Andy must still be out motoring.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:04 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
YAY!! I am home! It went VERY well!

Just got home, dusted the MINI off, kicked the SUV out of the garage and put His Royal highness to bed.

After we picked up the MINI, which had a full tank of gas we motored through Tacoma to go around traffic and then beat my firend to my dads house who tried to go through the freeway. Took my dad and my best friend around some twisty roads and to be truthfull, His Royal Highness wanted to take the twists MUCH faster than my foot was willing to. I kinda heard him calling me chicken... Then drove to dinner. Passing Wal*Mart, saw a CR/W MINI waiting for the light. My partner, in true navigator mode, pointed this out to me. As I was accelerating out of the light, I flipped a wave out the window and she waved back!!!

After dinner, back on the "motorway" as the nice british lady of the Nav says, and back home. It was fun speeding out of the rest area on the way home!

Now, I want to stay up cause I am still pumped and really can't believe I have him already! I do NOT want to go to work tomorrow, but I guess that I will go out for lunch and take a late afternoon Starbucks break.

I love love love this car! WOOT!

Old 06-05-2006, 10:48 PM
sfgrunge
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
OK, so I think the wife is going to look at me with a generally disapproving look when I tell here I just dropped $350 on detailing products. Hell, I'm looking at myself with that look right about now. Quick, someone tell me how smart and wise I am for making this investment.
Tell her it could be worse. You could have ordered this....

http://www.zymol.com/vintage.htm

Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
sfgrunge
2nd Gear
A stork arrived in SoCal with my MCS. My MA sent me several pics. Here are a few. Now all I have to do is wait 10 days until I can fly down there and pick it up.

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 18 Support Group-truck.jpg   Production Week 18 Support Group-backing.jpg   Production Week 18 Support Group-lot.jpg  
Old 06-06-2006, 12:55 AM
sfgrunge
2nd Gear
My MCS also had the distinction of being on the same truck as the first 2007 BMW M6 for that BMW dealer.

I'm guessing that there is no way that they might possibly confuse the M6 with the MCS when I go pick up my car.......

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 18 Support Group-m6.jpg  
Old 06-06-2006, 05:03 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sfgrunge

$1650!!!??? HOLY CRAP! But the plus side is that it is refillable for free for life. Thats worth it, right?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:16 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
YAY!! I am home! It went VERY well!
Congratulations, dude. You made it.

A stork arrived in SoCal with my MCS.
Not much longer now, sfgrunge.

It's too early or I'd show more enthusiasm. Someone please explain God's sense of humor to me. I don't get the part about kids waking up at 5:45am being fun(ny). Must go get more coffee.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Congratulations, dude. You made it.

Not much longer now, sfgrunge.

It's too early or I'd show more enthusiasm. Someone please explain God's sense of humor to me. I don't get the part about kids waking up at 5:45am being fun(ny). Must go get more coffee.
Its also along the lines of dogs jumping and playing on the bed at 4:45am.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:31 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear

She just looked at me with a combination of :impatient and . After a minute of shock, she said something to the effect that she didn't really mind me spending $350, but she was going to go shopping. Really Soon.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:24 AM
cnreng
2nd Gear
LOL. Mine have learned to be nice or dad gets them up for school (at 6am) in a rather, um unkind fashion!! Only took two or three times with the portable boat horn. I think one did it, but it was just so darned much fun.

Congrats AndyWSea. I hope the Earl can teach you that the right foot stays down. I have the same problem. I have been a dirt tracker (pitch 'er sideways and steer with the throttle) all my life and have a very hard time not lifting on a front wheel drive.

..Gods sense of humor. hide my car for two weeks in a dealers cell block.......

Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Congrats AndyWSea and the west coast crew!!! The wait is over! Well...fro most of you...Totally awesome!

We want photos!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Minitee
4th Gear
Yes, where are the photos? Congrats Andy!

I'm still waiting here, although its possible I pick it up tomorrow or the next day. Car has been in transit from the VDC to the dealer for longer than I would have thought so its a little uncertain at the moment.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:47 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I know, I know, breaking my own rule, but there were pics from arrival! I promise as soon as I get home and wash him and give him a good coat or two of polish, there will be pictures.

When i got to work, there were signs around my desk welcoming His Royal Highness (yes, they actually said that). Been out to show him off once so far and I haven't really started yet. Looks like its gonna be a slow day today, its gonna be torture! :impatient

Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Congrats to Andy!!!

Partial congrats to sfgrunge!!!

Minitee, you and I are in the position. OL shows my MINI at the VDC with expected delivery on 6/5/06. Due to vacation and other conflicts, I won't be taking delivery until June 17!

Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
I'm picking up my car tomorrow, around noon. Wish me luck!

(... and I won't be posting pictures right away since its a 2 day drive home)

Old 06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
miniprof
4th Gear
I'm picking up my car tomorrow, around noon. Wish me luck!

(... and I won't be posting pictures right away since its a 2 day drive home)
Hi Minitee! I live in SLC so I'll be watching out for a very happy driver in a brand new CR!!!

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group