1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got all my detailing supplies.

I unpacked them and showed them to everyone in the house. At first, the wife was like . Then, after a few more things came out of boxes, she's like . Then, after a few more things, she's like . When all was said and done she was like . LOL!

Sorry, I'm sure you had to be there, but I thought it was a riot. Really, it is rather daunting when you look at all the stuff that was in my Zaino kit, then also add in all the stuff I got from autopia. There are a lot of car care products.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:57 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Did you smell all the zaino products? That was like the first thing I did. Good thing they all smell amazing. All I got from my partner was Oh well. Funny though how this weekend he wants to detail the SUV. Little does he know that with clay barring it will take him like 8 hours. I will be too busy putting more coats of Z-2 on His Royal Highness to help.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:58 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Ok, this one is more of build the posts of the group! We are now over 800!! Wooot! No, we are not obsessive, we are just very, what was that word you used Doug?

Old 06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
Ok, this one is more of build the posts of the group! We are now over 800!! Wooot! No, we are not obsessive, we are just very, what was that word you used Doug?
Passionate.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to post.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Home!

Hey you guys, you need to Motor more and post less! I just passed 850 miles.

Yes, my MINI is home where it belongs. I just did a quick wash & wax. I'll follow up with something more complete over the weekend. My wife was asking why anyone would wax a new car.

Everything went perfectly. Good flight, good two days of driving. Only went past 4500 a couple of times (once was an on-ramp semi-truck avoidance maneuver... couldn't be helped). 4500 comes faster than you think.

Also, I hear, but can't testify to this... cough... you can get to 105MPH without going over 4500rpm. Ahem.

Car looks fantastic... I love the CR/W combination - and it gets a lot of looks. I had a state patrol car put stare me down hard and even put his car in gear but I think he realized I just looked like I was going fast (at that moment anyway). A couple of comments at gas stations too. Only my second day of ownership but I'm on my third tank.

Pictures later...

Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
p.s. Love that 6th gear.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Congrats Minitee!!!!!! I cannot wait to see pics and to see you driving around town! I jsut went out for a 30 minute drive around beach drive and Alki. His Royal Highness even got his first shower! I was a little concerned about him getting wet, but I got over it. I am telling you, get Zaino and you will not regret it. I got out of my car and shut the door and the water that was on the side just jumped off! Love that stuff!

Great post by the way.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
I'm tempted by Zaino, but I get fantastic results from Klasse and its so much easier. I might try Zaino sometime though.

The pics I have now are pre-wax & pre-wash, so don't judge the shine yet. Still uploading the pics...

Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
waiting.....waiting.......waiting....Dont make me come over there.

HAHA. That sound familiar?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
LOL!

I won't keep you waiting any longer... you can click on a picture to see a larger version.

Yes, that's 9 miles on the odometer. Sweet!!

At the dealership:

Home!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Next time I'm up in Seattle visiting the in-laws, I'll be sure to look for MINIs cruising Harbor Ave.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Thanks, I need to get out the good camera and find some better lighting.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Congrats Minitee!! Glad you had a fun and safe drive home!

Old 06-09-2006, 05:18 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minitee
Also, I hear, but can't testify to this... cough... you can get to 105MPH without going over 4500rpm. Ahem.
I heard the same thing when I was breaking-in my car. I came to the same conclusion that I think you did, the 4500 RPM rule was more important than the 95 MPH rule. Interesting apparent contradiction.

Ron

Old 06-09-2006, 05:24 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
minitee- Love it!! CR/W is really growing on me! I keep seeing them in person and like them a bit more each time.

Do you have Nav or Chrono?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Minitee
4th Gear
minitee- Love it!! CR/W is really growing on me! I keep seeing them in person and like them a bit more each time.

Do you have Nav or Chrono?
Chrono. I love gauges... I'm thinking of adding a boost gauge too, and possibly one other to balance things out.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
I know nothing about car waxing, Zaino, etc. This is my first car...I don't know what I'm supposed to do besides drive it and keep it running so I can drive it some more. So...some edumacation is in order, I think...

p.s. -- For those scoring at home, the dealership said my MINI was in great health. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and have no idea why the power suddenly cut out and all the warning lights came on last thursday on my way home. I drove it to NYC and back, and driving up to Vermont and back this weekend. Think I'll take the scenic route back (deciding between route 100 and rt. 302...might have to do 302 and go through laconia notch in NH...)

Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
I know nothing about car waxing, Zaino, etc. This is my first car...I don't know what I'm supposed to do besides drive it and keep it running so I can drive it some more. So...some edumacation is in order, I think...
Get thee to the detailing forum, then open (your wallet) wide and say, "Ahh!" As I explain to those who wonder about my "investment," I simply point out that a single detailing costs as much or more than what I've spent thusfar... and I can detail the car many, many times with what I've bought.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by AMW

p.s. -- For those scoring at home, the dealership said my MINI was in great health. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and have no idea why the power suddenly cut out and all the warning lights came on last thursday on my way home. I drove it to NYC and back, and driving up to Vermont and back this weekend. Think I'll take the scenic route back (deciding between route 100 and rt. 302...might have to do 302 and go through laconia notch in NH...)
I knew nothing at all about any of this. I am learning more and more every day. From the detailing forum, i looked around and then went to www.zainostore.com and read up on their products. They are easy to apply, although at first it will seem a little overwhelming with all the steps and z-this, Z-that, sfx etc...but after reading it and then doing it it does not seem confusing at all anymore. I am MORE than happy with the shine that this stuff gives off. I like the fact that you layer the polish to make it more of a three dimensional shine, although I am wondering if I am going to see that or not...I don't know if my eye is tuned to it. And having the polish on the windows for the first rain last night, was excellent.

But once I get from the exterior to under the bonnet, forget it. I have no freakin clue. I don't think I have ever been in the under the bonnet forum yet and I have been on this site for over a year now, including lurking time. And I am afraid if I knew how to install something like a pulley or do some other mod, I would start going crazy and probably break something. I will leave that part to the professionals.

I am very glad to hear that your MINI has been pronounced trouble free! Thats good news! I hope he stays that way.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 PM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Chili Pup is home!

Here are a couple photos.

7 miles on the ODO

3/4 Front View

Sorry for the glare

Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I really like that CR/S combo!! Chili Pup is looking good!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Yay for Chili Pup!

Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
How do you like my new sig?!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:02 AM
sfgrunge
2nd Gear
How do you like my new sig?!
It rocks!!!! Very fitting for His Royal Highness.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:09 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Just catching up..,.

AMW: Glad your car's OK. Just ignore those "system crashes". It's like when your PC locks up, you never know why, it just happens. I was driving my VW GTI once when the ABS/traction control went haywire and the display started flashing the word STOP over and over again. Just reboot.

M1N1N1M: Wow. I almost got CR/W. Wish I had. Spectacular.

AndyWSea: Excellent sig

So is everybody in week 18 now motoring? How about a curtain call? Post a pic of yourself along with any other biographical info you'd like.

As in...

47 years old, 205 cm tall, living in the Boston 'burbs.

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group