1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Countdown to ecstacy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:14 PM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Countdown to ecstacy

Hi everybody. I'm so glad that this (and other) forums exist, but NAM in particular. After 3 years of lurking and lusting for a Mini, I'm taking the plunge and ordering my MCS JCW tomorrow evening.

What I've learned here has been invaluable in making my choices, so a big thanks to everybody for such a great sharing of knowledge and ideas, and especially to the many many folks who post their pics and galleries.

And ESPECIALLY thanks for the great up-to-date info. You folks saved my hide with the disco'd color thread. My wife finally came around to full support (read no more "what a stupid choice") once I got her in front of a Purple Haze model. Since that was a late change opf plans, my MA had no idea I had moved on from BRG. Maybe she'd have warned me, maybe not? I wasn't going to order 'till late May; if I had learned then that I had already missed the boat, I'd have been back to square one with convincing the mrs. I simply can't express how much that one thread saved me in grief.

Once it delivers, I guess I'll need the secret handshake and password to oficially register and join team craptastic, but there will be time for that. Luckily my April and May are so busy with the food show season that delivery right after the NRA in Chicago in May is really the first chance I'll get to relax anyway, so maybe the wait will be tolerable.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Cheers for now!

Old 04-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrplPplEtr
What I've learned here has been invaluable in making my choices, so a big thanks to everybody for such a great sharing of knowledge and ideas, and especially to the many many folks who post their pics and galleries.
I wholeheartedly agree. I will be ordering mine soon and truly appreciate everything I've learned on this forum. Thanks to everyone!

Congrats on placing your order! Keep us updated!