1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:02 AM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess what?!! I just found out my mini really left on the 30th to be delivered to charleston on the eleventh!!! Oh the excitement!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
Austin is home !!

Got back from Vegas last night, we woke up this morning and went to pick up Austin. The wife drove him the hour and half home (it's only appropriate since Austin is her car). She had a little trouble getting used to the gears but other than that it was an uneventful trip home. I took a couple of pictures at the dealership but after our Vegas vacation the battery in the camera is low so no more pix 'till tomorrow, it's raining anyway. I'll post the pix to my gallery tomorrow. I haven't driven him yet, but I'm sure I'll get some seat time tomorrow

Old 06-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
My mini went from a "end of July delivery" to a "end of June delivery." I knew the guy was blowing smoke up my butt when he said end of July, so I placed the order anyway. I knew it would get there sooner. I was really anticipating the first week of July or so, but here we are...a little bit earlier.

YAAAY!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
My mini went from a "end of July delivery" to a "end of June delivery." I knew the guy was blowing smoke up my butt when he said end of July, so I placed the order anyway. I knew it would get there sooner. I was really anticipating the first week of July or so, but here we are...a little bit earlier.

YAAAY!
Sweet! Maybe I'll be in the same situation! What dealer did you order from?

Old 06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
I should pick up da little beast around the 6/15!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pancakex
Sweet! Maybe I'll be in the same situation! What dealer did you order from?
I ordered from Sandia Mini in Albuquerque!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:20 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Hey, the rain finally stopped and I was able to clean up the car and get some photos.

I love, love, love this color!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hojin Info

Here is a link for San Diego that shows the Hojin arriving 6/9 and departing 6/10: http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

So I'm guessing that would put it at Port Hueneme on 6/11?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:13 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Here is a link for San Diego that shows the Hojin arriving 6/9 and departing 6/10: http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

So I'm guessing that would put it at Port Hueneme on 6/11?

yeah, i was looking at that but it confuses me because it shows the last port (prior to arriving at san diego) as long beach and it doesn't seem to make sense geographically that the hojin would go to long beach, then san diego, then port hueneme. seems it should go either ph-lb-sd or sd-lb-ph....

Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Swedish is really excited about her car. I'm looking forward to add it to the stable as well. Any news I'll post, but I think we're running a little blind as it is. Wish I was on the East Coast to pick up ours right now. Glad to see some pictures though. Keep them coming!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:01 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
yeah, i was looking at that but it confuses me because it shows the last port (prior to arriving at san diego) as long beach and it doesn't seem to make sense geographically that the hojin would go to long beach, then san diego, then port hueneme. seems it should go either ph-lb-sd or sd-lb-ph....
It seems unintuitive, but it's the way it happens in my experience. We (weeks 16-18) watched the Centaurus Leader do exactly that: LB-SD-PH.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Beaglemini - Dunno :impatient. I was just happy to find any info on the Hojin cause it seems as if where it is during it's voyage is some kind of national secret or something. Heck I bet Osama is on the Hojin cause nobody knows where either of them are .

Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
It seems unintuitive, but it's the way it happens in my experience. We (weeks 16-18) watched the Centaurus Leader do exactly that: LB-SD-PH.
figures! that way we can watch our mini pass by as the ship goes from long beach to san diego, then again as the ship goes from san diego to port hueneme, then once more as the wagoneer's car carrier truck passes by on the freeway back down to san diego (actually considered trying to time this and watching from the overpass...i know, gotta get a life...).

Old 06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Well, it was good while it lasted, week 19'ers, but I just talked to my MA and he gave me the wrong production number. (!)

Apparently I get to wait another month+ before getting my car, because he informed me of my REAL production number and told me that it should be going into production as we speak.

At least my order information is correct now - no more chili red mcs! The real deal; an astro black. I hope whoever ends up with this one appreciates all the time I spent wondering whether it had moved out of the paint shop, gotten on a boat, etc. etc.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:43 PM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Dude that SUXXXX! But dont worry, this wait has been flyin by for me. Itll be here in no time.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
...what to do these last few days? buy something for the mini! we've been researching seat covers since lucy will be riding with us a lot in the back seat. liked what we read about wet okoles. found out that they were right near us in costa mesa, so we went there at lunch today and ordered rear set only (don't want to cover the front leather!) mostly to protect the investment from little nails on little paws. should be ready just about the same time the car is ready for us to pick up...

Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
ahhhhh...I can't take this waiting too much longer! :impatient

Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
almost here!

from... pacific maritime , hojin gets into long beach tomorrow! so our mini's are almost on the west coast!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
:impatient Im so happy our MINI is almost ashore. However, my MA says it will be another 2 weeks or so. Up to a week and the distribution center and 1 week on the truck and prep for a couple of days. Dont they know I just cant stand waiting any longer. We are only about 7 hours away, it just shouldnt take that long. Please hurry!

Old 06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish
:impatient Im so happy our MINI is almost ashore. However, my MA says it will be another 2 weeks or so. Up to a week and the distribution center and 1 week on the truck and prep for a couple of days. Dont they know I just cant stand waiting any longer. We are only about 7 hours away, it just shouldnt take that long. Please hurry!
Do we know if the boat has landed? It should be anytime now...

Old 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
Well having had next to no communication at all from my dealer (my MA left and apparently the new guy is really new and didn't feel the need to communicate with me... grrrr... why do we pay these people so much money??? ) I broke down and called them today.

My mini is also on the Hojin. The dealership shows it unloading on the 10th (Saturday) and then they say it will arrive at their shop on the 12th (Monday). I am having an alarm installed... and then... it should be available for me to pick up sometime later next week.

I have to say I don't trust ANY of this information, but in spite of myself, I am getting pretty damn excited at the prospect of having my baby as soon as the weekend after this one. Woohoo!!

Old 06-08-2006, 08:21 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by shinysilvermini
My mini is also on the Hojin. The dealership shows it unloading on the 10th (Saturday) and then they say it will arrive at their shop on the 12th (Monday). I am having an alarm installed... and then... it should be available for me to pick up sometime later next week.

I have to say I don't trust ANY of this information, but in spite of myself, I am getting pretty damn excited at the prospect of having my baby as soon as the weekend after this one. Woohoo!!
the "unloading on the 10th" sounds very accurate....the hojin leaves long beach tonight, heads to san diego and gets there very early around 2:30am on the 9th, leaves san diego tomorrow the 9th and should be in port hueneme on saturday the 10th. as far as being "at their shop on the 12th".....hmmmm that sounds a bit tough perhaps since it doesn't seem your mini would clear the vdc that quickly. i'd add at least a few more days to that estimate. but....it is very very close so "any day now" is a good estimate!

Old 06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
...what to do these last few days? buy something for the mini! we've been researching seat covers since lucy will be riding with us a lot in the back seat. liked what we read about wet okoles. found out that they were right near us in costa mesa, so we went there at lunch today and ordered rear set only (don't want to cover the front leather!) mostly to protect the investment from little nails on little paws. should be ready just about the same time the car is ready for us to pick up...
That's what I did too! Went to Wet Okole website and bought front and rear (really cool red to match my CR). I ordered black headrests with red piping so they said it might take longer. I'm in Colorado so Matilda (Tilly) will take longer to get here anyway, but the seat covers will take longer I bet . I can't believe how long ago I ordered Tilly (4/28) seems like I've been waiting forever. Bet they do that on purpose to increase the anticipation and make us more fervent Mini fans .

Here's to getting your Mini sooner than us (lucky).

Old 06-08-2006, 08:30 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Here's to getting your Mini sooner than us (lucky).
thanks! and here's to you and your cr soon-to-be and those wonderful mountains you'll soon be driving in!

Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
at the vdc?

the hojin left san diego yesterday at 16:32 (or 4:32pm). so with port hueneme being around 120-130 nautical miles from san diego and guessing the hojin makes about 20 knts/hr, that would be about a 6 or 7 hour journey putting her in port hueneme sometime near midnight last night.

so...the minis should be mostly if not completely off ship by now and at the vdc which is only a few miles from the port.

waiting for the ol status to change to confirm!....

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group