1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 03:12 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beaglemini
so...the minis should be mostly if not completely off ship by now and at the vdc which is only a few miles from the port.

waiting for the ol status to change to confirm!....
Your MA is most likely a much better source of information at this point. My MINI arrived at the VDC on 29-May. It made it to the dealer on 01-June. The dealership called me as soon as the car was invoiced to them (31-May).

May your trip from ship-VDC-dealer-you be ever so quick (if not quicker, eh?!).

Old 06-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
So everyone is going to post their Mini in this thread when they get it, right?

Old 06-11-2006, 02:55 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
So everyone is going to post their Mini in this thread when they get it, right?
you bet !

Old 06-11-2006, 02:59 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
owner's lounge now shows "order detail"

since our car has been on order going back to april 15, today is the first time that the owner's lounge "review order detail" has had anything displayed...

contacted our ma to find out an eta since we are pretty sure it's at the vdc; she is on vacation 'til monday so will have to wait (but hey aren't we all getting used to that?)...

Old 06-11-2006, 03:02 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
wagonners

for those that will have a bit of a ride from the vdc to their dealer, here is the link for the trucking company that appears to be used most of the time. their vin tracking isn't up yet, but i have heard they are friendly and are nice about taking calls to provide tracking information...

http://www.waggonerstrucking.com

Old 06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info beaglemini!!!
Duck - I'll be sure to post our arrival.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
since our car has been on order going back to april 15, today is the first time that the owner's lounge "review order detail" has had anything displayed...

contacted our ma to find out an eta since we are pretty sure it's at the vdc; she is on vacation 'til monday so will have to wait (but hey aren't we all getting used to that?)...
I checked my information on the owner's lounge, and finally my details were updated today. Its finally starting to feel real.
Goldcountrymini and I have just signed up the club for the Roseville City 4th of July parade. Yes, my Ruby will make her first big showing in a parade. Now we are just having a driver issue. He wants to drive the Cabrio but finally I can say "NO" its my car.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:46 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish
I checked my information on the owner's lounge, and finally my details were updated today. Its finally starting to feel real.
Goldcountrymini and I have just signed up the club for the Roseville City 4th of July parade. Yes, my Ruby will make her first big showing in a parade. Now we are just having a driver issue. He wants to drive the Cabrio but finally I can say "NO" its my car.
you think so huh? Of course you can drive Ruby in her first GCM event. I'd be happy to ride shotgun with you. I may have to drive my MINI in the parade too though!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:17 PM
aubergine
Neutral
waiting in portland...

hi all -

just found this site and i believe my mini (i'm naming her petunia) is in week 19! i ordered on march 1 and according to my dealer was on HOJIN. i think she'll be here by the end of the month, or so i'm hoping.

thanks for all the tips on sites to track where petunia is at! it helps with the wait.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Guess what!!! I get to pick up my MINI thursday afternoon!!! Im soooooo excited. I feel like Ron Burgundy; "I want to shout it from a mountain top, but I dont have a mountain top, all I have is a newsroom and a camera(computer and keyboard)" I just hope it wont be to stormy in the orlando area do to alberto so I can get yall some pics.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
dwj5
4th Gear
OEM Tires

Congrats to all who have already received your Minis! Even though I'm on the east coast, I still have yet to get mine. My mini has been ready to be picked up at the dealer for 2.5 weeks...but I have a good excuse for not getting it since I was away until recently on my honeymoon.

We're FINALLY going to pick it up this Saturday.

Found out through the owner's lounge that it was built with the wrong tires. They mounted all season instead of the performance rubber I specified at order time. Dealer is swapping to the correct tires before delivery. I was hoping for the OEM Dunlop SP sport 9000s with their wicked tread pattern, but am getting the OEM Pirelli Eufori's instead.

What was the chance of getting the Euforis from the factory in the first place over the Dunlops? Anyone know if there is a big difference between the two in performace and if I should continue to be dissapointed, or am I worrying about nothing? :impatient

Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Miph

....missing in port hueneme....

where'd our mini go? no update on owner's lounge indicating "at the vdc", would have thought it was there since sunday.... no help from ma or ask mini.... hojin is off the radar..... no fun driving blind.....

Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 AM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
The long wait is almost over

For all you West Coasters who are despondent. Do not fear. The Hojin did NOT go down in the Bermuda Triangle (well we kinda knew that from the live action pics of it going thru the Canal). It did not get hit by any hurricanes. It did discharge its tiny cargoes.... and those precious babies did make it out of the VDC and onto trucks...... and those trucks (some of them) have arrived at their destinations.

All of which is a long winded way of saying... my CAR IS AT THE DEALERSHIP. YAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

All it needs now is a 100 point inspection, an alarm installation and could be ready to pick up Friday morning.

Take heart my trusty comrades.... your time is coming as well.... we are soon to be Mini drivers, one and all, and for me, not a moment too soon, I was about to explode!!

Motor on....

Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
....missing in port hueneme....

where'd our mini go? no update on owner's lounge indicating "at the vdc", would have thought it was there since sunday.... no help from ma or ask mini.... hojin is off the radar..... no fun driving blind.....
Beagle, talked to our MA yesterday and they didn't even know the ship landed at port! I think we're just stuck. Good news from our MA though, the truck we're coming on is only going to Niello MINI so we don't have to wait too long once we're released from the VDC. Our OL isn't updated either, just an FYI...

Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by shinysilvermini
For all you West Coasters who are despondent. Do not fear. The Hojin did NOT go down in the Bermuda Triangle (well we kinda knew that from the live action pics of it going thru the Canal). It did not get hit by any hurricanes. It did discharge its tiny cargoes.... and those precious babies did make it out of the VDC and onto trucks...... and those trucks (some of them) have arrived at their destinations.

All of which is a long winded way of saying... my CAR IS AT THE DEALERSHIP. YAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

All it needs now is a 100 point inspection, an alarm installation and could be ready to pick up Friday morning.

Take heart my trusty comrades.... your time is coming as well.... we are soon to be Mini drivers, one and all, and for me, not a moment too soon, I was about to explode!!

Motor on....
Oh my gosh.....ARe these facts true? Where did you get your information? Mine is going to Niello Mini in Sacramento. Im getting nervous now. Just the thought of it actually becoming real is strange. I've/we've done nothing but talk, dream, plan, etc, about our Cabrio. Thanks for the pep talk. You've made my day!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:21 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
Yes, it's true

Originally Posted by Swedish Fish
Oh my gosh.....ARe these facts true? Where did you get your information? Mine is going to Niello Mini in Sacramento. Im getting nervous now. Just the thought of it actually becoming real is strange. I've/we've done nothing but talk, dream, plan, etc, about our Cabrio. Thanks for the pep talk. You've made my day!
From my MA (the new one, not the one who left). I spoke to him today and we're picking my baby up on Friday morning.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by shinysilvermini
From my MA (the new one, not the one who left). I spoke to him today and we're picking my baby up on Friday morning.
Congrat's on your new arrival. When I read your earlier post I was at lunch and I lost my appetite. Im so excited. I talked to Tiffani from Niello tonite around 8pm and no MINI for me yet. Actually it was funny because yesterday when we chatted, she wanted to update me on my car. She said the Hojin was still at sea and it should at at the port the end of this week. Its sad we know more about the where-abouts of our cars. I let her know the Hojin was there and left.
Tiffani, our MA, has been great to us. Im sorry to say her last day at Niello is June 25ish. Tiffani promised she would see us through before leaving Niello. She is awesome! Our first MA, Steve, from when we ordered our other cooper back in 2004, left too. We always get the good ones that leave.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 AM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
I pick up my mini this afternoon. You guys gotta gimme ideas how to pass time. Ill be sure to post pics!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
our ma e-mailed to say our mini was at the vdc. and now the ol also says its at the vdc. seems both may be a day or two behind...at least that is our hope. we both scheduled tomorrow off in anticipation of the car being at the dealer by then. oh well.... maybe soooo many cars came in at one time the vdc is backlogged? how is it that some of our fellow hojin passengers' minis are already at their dealer? luck of the draw, first in first out, etc... another few days won't kill us (we hope ).

Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
mile by mile, minute by minute, ever closer..... we now have a delivery estimate

Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Just picked mine up today. It is sweeeet. Im startin a new thread a lil later with some pics. It will be under "Just picked it up"

Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
!!! got a message from our ma that our mini is at the dealership !!!

hopefully we can pick it up tomorrow! we have both taken the day off, as it is also our 27th anniversary! what a nice way to spend the day! this car is "hers" (although i am sure i'll log quite a few miles in the left seat! ....). it wasn't meant to be an anniversary gift, but as they say timing is everything. so hopefully we'll be posting a few pics really soon.

goldcountry and swedish fish, hope yours is right behind (above?!) us and gets delivered real soon. gator, have fun and get us some pics soon!

Old 06-16-2006, 03:13 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
The eagle has landed

... or should that be the stork

I have my new baby. And she's gorgeous and so fun to drive.

Guess I should take some pics and post them.

Dumb *** question: how do you guys get those "Pepper White Mini Owners Club" kinda icons in your postings? I need to fess up and tell the world about my new beautiful wheels (she is not Pepper white).......

Happy happy joy joy.....

Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
POST PICS IN HERE TOO!!!!!

Wish I had mine!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:28 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
our ma called late yesterday and left a msg saying our car was at the dealer! we spoke live this morning and made arrangements to pick her up; we arrived there around noon just as they had rolled her into the showroom, post inspection and final detailing. After the "usual formalities" (like paying, etc) and one quick programming change, we hit the road and got to the Wet Okle place just before they closed to get the rear seat covers installed. we are now home, in the garage, the garage doors are programmed into the mirror (!! didn't realize that's here they'd be !!) and my wife and I are both pretty spent. put 100 miles on today; sure a few more will go on tonight....

ok - here are a few pics. first the excuse: i was pretty jazzed when i saw her for the first time - thought she was the best looking mini in the show room, heck, that i'd ever seen for that matter. so, although my camera is nearly foolproof, it is a sliding scale relative to the size of the fool operating it. had it set incorrectly, but still got a few pics. will take some more tomorrow, but here we go:

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group