1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 PM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yur right, that is a very hott/classy lookin mini. Almost as good as mine !

Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
SO SHARP Beaglemini! Looks unbelievable. Classy is the perfect word for that car. The chrome mirror caps and the leather is what really caught my eye. Very impressive, great choice.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:16 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your one lucky dog Beaglemini . It looks great - those wheels are awesome (knew I should have got them on mine). Have a very very fine time breaking her in.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Where is everyone?

So Im guessing most of the week 19ers have gotten their MINI's. Im sorry to say that Im still waiting. Any minute she should be getting to Niello but not soon enough. Hope everyone is enjoying their rides. Im so jealous!

Old 06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish
So Im guessing most of the week 19ers have gotten their MINI's. Im sorry to say that Im still waiting. Any minute she should be getting to Niello but not soon enough. Hope everyone is enjoying their rides. Im so jealous!
Don't be too jealous, My fiancee's MCSa went back after 6 days of driving and has now been at the dealer for 9 days. She is not having very much fun without her car.

Hopefully she will be getting it back tomorrow.:impatient

Old 06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Don't be too jealous, My fiancee's MCSa went back after 6 days of driving and has now been at the dealer for 9 days. She is not having very much fun without her car.

Hopefully she will be getting it back tomorrow.:impatient
Wow. What happened to her car? I think that would be worse. That is a total tease. Well good luck with her MINI and I hope she can get back to driving it asap.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Wow. What happened to her car? I think that would be worse. That is a total tease. Well good luck with her MINI and I hope she can get back to driving it asap.
When she got it, of course a Saturday when the service dept was closed:
1-There was a sanding mark that they did not buff out of the quater panel near the filler cap.
2- Spot of dirt/grease on the rear headliner.
3- OEM(Dealer installed) Alarm had the wrong stalk installed, thus eliminating her Auto headlights that were in her package.
4- On the drive home the Silver bonnet stripe bubbled at the leading edge and started to peel.
They have now installed the stripe two times (waiting 24 hours each time)seeing that they could not do it correctly since the stripe is so big and goes around the washer nozzles and air intake.

All would be okay if not for the fact that the dealer is 2 hours away.

Anyway, when she did get to drive the car, it was always raining. And now it is raining again. It must be an Oxford, England thing

Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
don't worry Swedish Fish, I don't have mine yet!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 AM
dwj5
4th Gear
Here's mine!

Picked it up on Saturday. Unfortunately it's garaged at the in-laws until our move out of the city, so not much motoring between now and then. I'm having separation anxiety!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
I love the Hyper Blue. That was was second choice next to Chili Red. I wish Minis Advisors were like Baby Doctors, on call when the delivery is ready. Only one more day, hopefully. I knew the day I picked up my very first convertible, (2nd MINI), it would be 103 degrees. Im going to get some tan.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
don't worry Swedish Fish, I don't have mine yet!
So have you heard anything about your delivery? On the Mini Owners Lounge, for me, the ETA date was 6/18. I guess thats why its an estimate. So no Mini at the dealer as of 3pm yesterday. Another MA thought it would be last night or early today. I sold my suv a couple days ago so not having a vehicle to drive, by choice, is saving me lots of money. Im on vacation this week and its keeping me out of trouble too. I have lots of cars available to me to borrow but Im being stubborn and waiting for my MINI.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 4RETECH
When she got it, of course a Saturday when the service dept was closed:
1-There was a sanding mark that they did not buff out of the quater panel near the filler cap.
2- Spot of dirt/grease on the rear headliner.
3- OEM(Dealer installed) Alarm had the wrong stalk installed, thus eliminating her Auto headlights that were in her package.
4- On the drive home the Silver bonnet stripe bubbled at the leading edge and started to peel.
They have now installed the stripe two times (waiting 24 hours each time)seeing that they could not do it correctly since the stripe is so big and goes around the washer nozzles and air intake.

All would be okay if not for the fact that the dealer is 2 hours away.

Anyway, when she did get to drive the car, it was always raining. And now it is raining again. It must be an Oxford, England thing
Im sure thats is very frustrating. The bubble in the bonnet stripe is making me a bit nervous. I love the rain though. Its suppose to be hot here all this week but I guess that what want for going topless.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
...Im sorry to say that Im still waiting. ...Hope everyone is enjoying their rides. Im so jealous!
we hope you get your cabrio soon! we have been having quite a bit of fun. i really am surprised how much fun the car is to drive... i dare say more fun than my bmw 330ci was when i first got it...

Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dwj5
Picked it up on Saturday.
very nice!! get that baby outa the garage and drive!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
more pics

posted a few more pics in our gallery, from after her first wash and zaino

Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
aubergine
Neutral
So have you heard anything about your delivery? On the Mini Owners Lounge, for me, the ETA date was 6/18. I guess thats why its an estimate. So no Mini at the dealer as of 3pm yesterday. Another MA thought it would be last night or early today. I sold my suv a couple days ago so not having a vehicle to drive, by choice, is saving me lots of money. Im on vacation this week and its keeping me out of trouble too. I have lots of cars available to me to borrow but Im being stubborn and waiting for my MINI.
I'm still waiting for mine too - ETA in Portland is tomorrow, 6/21, with 3 - 5 additional business days at the dealer. My hope is by the end of the month!

I love seeing pictures of the new baby minis!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Delivery update

So I decided to call and see if my MINI was in and No it wasnt with a response of "give us a call back around 6:00 to see if the truck showed". Being the impatient woman I am, I decided to call the trucking company. They checked the car with the VIN and to my suprise it was marked "HOT". This meant ready to go out on the next truck. I told him I was in Sacramento. He sounded interested in that because he has a truck loading right now for Sac and said it didnt make the truck. He was going to get ahold of the driver and see if he could pull a car and put mine on it. He couldnt promise anything but if my MINI didnt make this truck it would be on tomorrows. So when it leaves today or tomorrow, it will make a straight shot for Sacramento. Now how come I can find out all this information and MA's dont.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:20 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh Happy Days

Got a call from our MA today - Matilda is here and ready for pick up . However I can not get down there until Friday . Oh well it looks like it will be a great Friday afternoon .

Lets see, order date 4/29, build date 5/10, delivery date 6/20 and posession date 6/23 - way, way too long but kind of fun too. I have discovered a whole new community in NAM with like minded folk (well most ) with whom I share at least one thing in common with . So cheers to that and cheers to all you newbies out there who have, or soon will have a fun little toy to play with.

I'll be sure to post some pictures after I get her home.

Happy Motoring!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
dwj5
4th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
posted a few more pics in our gallery, from after her first wash and zaino
Sweet. Look at that shine! Zaino is my next order of business.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Got an e-mail from my MA today. He said short and sweet: "We will see your Mini on the 27th"

So one week from today they should have it! YAAAY!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
Got an e-mail from my MA today. He said short and sweet: "We will see your Mini on the 27th"

So one week from today they should have it! YAAAY!!!
Yayyy.... Cant wait to see more pic's of all the new MINIS. Most of all, I cant wait to show mine off.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
acitydweller
6th Gear
BRG is just gorgeous!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
well, we have about 350 miles on her...still a ways to go for "break in" to be complete. can't get over how spirited she is, even as an automatic. can harldy get out of 2nd, maybe 3rd gear around town (and at least make a similance at obeying the speed limits ). on the freeway, 5th gear is the norm... 6th and she wants to run at 80 and above without hardly breathing.

bottom line: a blast to drive!

congratulations to all who chose to buy a mini - you are part of a special group!

Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
I know that Swedish is very jealous right now. She wants to get her MINI right now... actually, two months ago.

Any new news Swedish? I haven't recieved a call yet, so I assume not! I did let her take my MINI today for a drive... that will hold her over for another 10 mins.

Great pics of the BRG and HB. Love both of those colors! BRG is very classic - Look at the Aston Martin's at Le Mans... very sexy!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
She's here, She's here

Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
I know that Swedish is very jealous right now. She wants to get her MINI right now... actually, two months ago.

Any new news Swedish? I haven't recieved a call yet, so I assume not! I did let her take my MINI today for a drive... that will hold her over for another 10 mins.

Great pics of the BRG and HB. Love both of those colors! BRG is very classic - Look at the Aston Martin's at Le Mans... very sexy!
Yep thats right she's finally here. However, I dont get to pick her up until Friday night or Saturday and it possibly could be later. Tiffani is going to push and push to get mine done first. I guess there is alot of cars that customers are waiting for but I want to be first! Come on Tiff!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group