1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought Swedish would have updated NAM... Pick up today at 4:30pm. We'll post some pictures! She's so excited!

Old 06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
PLEASE tell me how you get those owners club thingies

I asked once before but no one posted a reply. Goldcountry and Swedish, I notice both have them in their signatures.
Not to sound too much like a dumb California blond..... but are there real owners clubs based on car color? Or what.....

Confused in California

Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Official Mini Owner (if the check clears)

So we brought Tilly home today. Man, oh man is she fun to drive! Well worth the two month wait . Here are a couple of shots and there are more in my gallery.

It's funny how the neighborhood kids come running. It was like I was driving an ice cream truck. Just keep those grunge little fingers off my ride !

Cheers to all

Happy Motoring!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 PM
ShellyQ
4th Gear
Hello to all. I have had my mini for over a year. She is chili red w/ racing stripes. I recently found a mini club here in northern California. Great group of people. Its fun to see and read about all the different mini's out there.

Happy Motoring!
Shelly

Old 06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Well worth the two month wait . Happy Motoring!
very nice! chili red would have been my second choice after the brg we got... the mini chili red is one of the few reds i like in cars (along with the imola red on the bmw m cars). most reds are too orange for me. great looking car, have fun, you are right the wait was worth it!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:58 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
Some pics of my new baby

Finally stopped driving around enough to snap a couple of pics of the new love of my life after coming back from the store this morning. We've been out driving on twisty windy roads all weekend...heh heh heh

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 19 Support Group-upload1.jpg   Production Week 19 Support Group-upload2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
HI guys. MiniMaybee and shinysilvermini, we are all so lucky to have Carbrios. I/we just love ours. We picked her up Friday night and took her for a road trip to Tahoe (We had a family function so it worked out well). We motored up with the topdown and back with the topup. The drive was awesome. Its been so hot, today 106, so we already have sunburned shoulders.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:37 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
oooo - shiny silver mini! Very nice!
I see that someone else could not afford the top .
Must find the sunscreen.

Beaglemini - Are we having fun yet?

Can't seem to get this smile off my face.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:43 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Yes very fun. Picked ours up on Friday and spent Friday night doing the detailing thing. Even took the wheels off to wax the inside of the rims. I noticed a bunch of brake dust already so I figured the wax would make it easier to clean.

I think Tahoe would be a great place to be topless - it is so beautiful up there. Very scenic and probably nice and cool too.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Old 06-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Yes very fun. Picked ours up on Friday and spent Friday night doing the detailing thing. Even took the wheels off to wax the inside of the rims. I noticed a bunch of brake dust already so I figured the wax would make it easier to clean.

I think Tahoe would be a great place to be topless - it is so beautiful up there. Very scenic and probably nice and cool too.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
I def. need to do the detail thing. She hasnt had a bath yet. Waiting until about 815 tonite. Just cant take the 106 heat until dusk, Plus do not want the water spots.
Tahoe was beautiful but very hot too. Tahoe was about 90 degrees but the evening they usually experience thunder showers so the cloud cover came in and it was so awesome.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:30 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by shinysilvermini
I asked once before but no one posted a reply. Goldcountry and Swedish, I notice both have them in their signatures.
Not to sound too much like a dumb California blond..... but are there real owners clubs based on car color? Or what.....

Confused in California
You can find the thread in the MINI Talk section. I did a quick search and couldn't find the specific thread. Maybe someone else can find it?

Nice shots Swedish. Great fun motoring with you this weekend! Nice time in Tahoe too!

Next weekend, Monterey?

Old 06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
this thread sure got quiet...hope it's because everyone has their minis now and are driving them like crazy (being careful to observe the break-in parameters ).

we have about 700 miles, so better'n half way there. only a couple of slips to revs above the 4,500rpm mark and for a very, very short duration. can't wait to wind it up a little more!

on another note (no pun intended), here is a good write-up on the H-K stereo, for those that got that upgrade (and haven't seen this yet).

http://www.in2guitar.com/minihkreview.html

Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
this thread sure got quiet...hope it's because everyone has their minis now and are driving them like crazy
That's really funny!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
sorry, duck...didn't mean to be insensitive. didn't think about those that are still patiently waiting.

hang in there, good things come to those who wait, so i've heard....

how's the weather in lv? i am driving over there tomorrow (alas, not in the mini and for business, to boot. and am driving back friday:impatient ).

Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Duck360198
6th Gear
hehehe, it's ok! I'm just jealous that everyone else has theirs and I just wait and wait and wait. MA told me last wednesday it would be there (albuquerque) in a week, which was yesterday. Mini USA said it was at teh dealer last Friday. Haven't heard anything yet. Maybe Ishould call, but honestly I won't get it until next week or the week after because I'm giong home to South Dakota for the weekend and really can't do much till I get back.

Vegas...summer...:impatient Those two words don't go too well with each other. As expected, hot as hell. 110 yesterday...BUT HEY...it's a dry heat, right? LOL It feels so hot because this town is all concrete and asphalt! Get out on the golf course....still hot, but VERY tolerable.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
hehehe, it's ok! I'm just jealous that everyone else has theirs and I just wait and wait and wait. MA told me last wednesday it would be there (albuquerque) in a week, which was yesterday. Mini USA said it was at teh dealer last Friday. Haven't heard anything yet. Maybe Ishould call, but honestly I won't get it until next week or the week after because I'm giong home to South Dakota for the weekend and really can't do much till I get back.

Vegas...summer...:impatient Those two words don't go too well with each other. As expected, hot as hell. 110 yesterday...BUT HEY...it's a dry heat, right? LOL It feels so hot because this town is all concrete and asphalt! Get out on the golf course....still hot, but VERY tolerable.
I totally understand. For me, the ETA on the website was about 5 days earlier than the day I actually received it. Getting impatient, I called the trucking company and got info on where my car was. The guy from the VDC, made no promises, but said he would pull a car off the truck that was just getting ready to head this way and put mine on it. He did too. I was shocked. So the truck made it here about 2 days after I spoke to him. I hope yours gets here soon.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Hello Fellow Week 19'ers

not much in this forum anymore. hope everyone is enjoying their cars. we just hit 5K miles and had our first oil change. it's been a great car so far and i still enjoy the heck out of driving it (when my wife lets me ).

Old 09-19-2006, 03:57 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Glad to hear you're happy motoring. Us too. Ms. Swedish Fish has been enjoying her car daily. She drives topless in the 117 degree heat and now that we're working into the winter months, I'm sure she'll be topless the entire time! We're at about 2500 miles

Beagle, any mods yet?

Old 09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Ditto for sure - funnest car I ever bought! I have just over 4K on Matilda with 90% of those miles being topless. Went to Mini in the Mountains (MITM) last month and what a great time. Not only to see all the Coopers, but such a nice group of people. Mini owners are just plain different in so many ways - nice, outgoing, fun and adventurous folks.
Glad I decided to join the club!

Cheers,

Chuck

Old 09-23-2006, 12:06 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
Beagle, any mods yet?
none yet...well, we put the wet okles on the rear seats the first day, since the beagleminidog rides back there... the missus isn't keen on mods so i have to be patient about those types of things

Old 01-18-2007, 05:04 PM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
so far so good?

Hey fellow week 19ers, it's been awile so I was just wondering how many miles we all have, any mods yet, first impressions, etc...

We've got 9200 miles on Austin. Boy that first week after we hit break in was a blast!! We had a little problem with the car dying on us once. Had it towed to the dealer, where they found nothing. The problem never happened again though. The tow truck operator who assured me he knew how to tow a MINI pulled the rear bumper from one of those little snap thingies that holds it on. We drive him pretty aggressivley and are amazed at the way he handles on twisties, off ramps, and clover leafs. The Cross Bronx Expressway is a bit jarring with the sport suspension and run flats, I'm thinking of adding progressive springs. I'm also thinking of taking the Phil Wicks driving school in West Virginia this year so I can push the car in a safe environment and improve my driving skills. I also spent some time in the Detailing 101 forum and learned quite a bit. For those that haven't, I strongly suggest taking a look. I still get a smile on my face every time I get behing the wheel

Also any regrets ? I regret not getting the gauge package, actually I just overlooked it. I miss not having an actual oil pressure gauge.

Last edited by AstroZombie; 01-18-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 01-19-2007, 06:11 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
I seems so long ago (dreamily thinks of summer, picking up the MINI and first drives with the top down - suddenly awakens to 10 deg, snow and dark)
I have had great fun with Matilda so far. Been to a few events Coopers at Copper (MITM), Yalla Yalla, Toy Drive and been to a few MINI5280 meetings. Got to meet some great people both here in the Denver club and on NAM. Discovered a passion for detailing which I guess is really my only hobby at this point and have learned a lot from the likes of OctaneGuy and Heather at Detailers Paradise.
I've only had one issue and it was electrical. The dreaded airbag light issue that cost me two weeks of quality time with my MINI (I did get a MCSc as a loaner though). Other than that no problems.
I've done a few mods: Wet Okole seat covers, M7 USS, , M7 SRP, Skid Plate, Dice iPod Interface, Stripes, Coco Mats, Afe Intake, red plug wires, badge holders, Fumoto oil valve, Chrome door pull inserts and chrome license surround for the boot, Custom license plate frames with Actual Size inscribed and a Union Jack rearview mirror cover. Oh and I sold my original wheels and bought a set of Blizzaks snow tires with steelies and a set of R83 wheels, but other than that I've done nothing (except buy tons of detailing tools and products - Detailers Paradise has had a banner year thanks to me!).
So much fun, no regrets (I thought I had one when I was driving the MCS, but I was wrong).
Current mileage is just under 8,000.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AstroZombie
Hey fellow week 19ers, it's been awile so I was just wondering how many miles we all have, any mods yet, first impressions, etc...
we just passed 10,000 miles. still have a blast basically ever time i get behind the wheel (when she lets me ). no problems with the car, but alas it has been in the body shop already due to an suv that backed into its right side, smashing up the passenger door and front right fender. but an excellent job by the shop leaves no evidence of the incident.

my only complaint is the radio. the sound system is great (h/k) but the reception on the radio pretty much sucks. so, i am still going to add the aux for the ipod and am also thinking of xm or sirius.

the only other mods have been a light sight (? - think that's what its called - the lense thing for the top of the windshield to see traffic lights and things up high without craning the neck) and the glove box organizer. oh yeah, and wet okles on the rear seat so lucy the beagle doesn't tear up the english panther leather trying to hold on around the curves....

Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Hey all,

Don't know if anyone from the original group is around anymore, but I just traded in my Royal Gray '06 MCS for a Spice Orange '11 MCS. The difference is night and day! Absolutely love, love, love my new MINI!