1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:45 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, well the wife just got off the phone w/ ask MINI and they gave us a production week -- week 19. That's good news! I assume that it's this week, correct? When I ordered my MINI there were not the threads for support like this! It's great! Maybe some of you will be on the same boat (literally) as ours. We ordered a Cooper S Cabrio, Chili Red with premium and sport packages from Niello Mini.... The website has not updated yet with our order details as well as the production week info! According to the rep at ask MINI its about 5 weeks until delivery (aprox) to California... which allows for shipping (NYK? or WW?), customs, VDC & truck travel time...

Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
welcome Gold Country Mini !

i called askmini today and spoke to a rep (since i saw no updates on the owner's circle site or on the automated voice...) and he said that week 19 production cars begin their builds on may 08.... he couldn't explain why none of the details are showing up on the website and suggested that they would once the car starts actual production.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
welcome Gold Country Mini !

i called askmini today and spoke to a rep (since i saw no updates on the owner's circle site or on the automated voice...) and he said that week 19 production cars begin their builds on may 08.... he couldn't explain why none of the details are showing up on the website and suggested that they would once the car starts actual production.
Well that's great!!! Sooner than we expected! We're going tobe cruising topless soon then! Now we're going to have to flip a coin to see who's MINI we take (his or hers). Hopefully it will be here in time for MMW 2006. We're trying to organize a trip to MMW this year. Thanks for the info Beagle...

Now it's safe to assume that all west coast shipping goes through NYK right?

Old 05-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
Well that's great!!! Sooner than we expected! We're going tobe cruising topless soon then! Now we're going to have to flip a coin to see who's MINI we take (his or hers). Hopefully it will be here in time for MMW 2006. We're trying to organize a trip to MMW this year.

oh man, you beat me to it! I can't wat to get my MINI! Just have to sell my current car now...

Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
When are you guys expecting delivery?

Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
our ma e-mails us today with a vin # and says we are in production (keep in mind that both the owner's lounge and automated askmini tell us we're on order with no confirmed production date).

so i call live askmini and am told that, indeed, the car started production this morning and on the outside will be done by may 11 (barring any production line screw ups or delays). then 3-7 days from end-of-production to on board a ship, about 23 days to sail thru the canal to hueneme, a week to get off the ship, thru vpc and to my dealer...so the eta was by june 11 or maybe a little sooner if everything goes well.

i haven't check the calendar math on what i was told....

regards,
beaglemini

Old 05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
our ma e-mails us today with a vin # and says we are in production (keep in mind that both the owner's lounge and automated askmini tell us we're on order with no confirmed production date).

so i call live askmini and am told that, indeed, the car started production this morning and on the outside will be done by may 11 (barring any production line screw ups or delays). then 3-7 days from end-of-production to on board a ship, about 23 days to sail thru the canal to hueneme, a week to get off the ship, thru vpc and to my dealer...so the eta was by june 11 or maybe a little sooner if everything goes well.

i haven't check the calendar math on what i was told....

regards,
beaglemini
WOW....they're telling me the end of July!!!!!! Dang!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
We're going to have to call ASK MINI again today and find out the details. Hopefully we've upgraded right along with you Beagle. I'll post my results when I have a second to call...

Old 05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
RedSkunk
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ryanmsmith
I ordered mine on April 22nd. I just got my scheduled production week from a rep at ASKMINI, and it's Week 19. The website does not yet show this information, nor does it show any order detail, but my MA keeps reminding to "NOT freak out" about it!
HMM. I ordered mine the same day. Likewise, the OL doesn't show any new info or detail (altho if you right click and look through the source code, the order seems perfect). I haven't called the hotline, I figure if it's ordered, it's ordered. If I'm "behind," then I'll just be pleasantly surprised when it arrives earlier than I expect, right?

Suppose I'm week 19 then too, but.. We'll see, wait for official confirmation.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RedSkunk
HMM. I ordered mine the same day. Likewise, the OL doesn't show any new info or detail (altho if you right click and look through the source code, the order seems perfect). I haven't called the hotline, I figure if it's ordered, it's ordered. If I'm "behind," then I'll just be pleasantly surprised when it arrives earlier than I expect, right?

Suppose I'm week 19 then too, but.. We'll see, wait for official confirmation.
I wouldn't hold your breath on the website. When I ordered my 2004 MCS back in summer of 2003... the website was about a step behind what I could dig up. I'd call the ASK MINI number to get an update, if interested.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
I ordered mine the 8th of April, the voice on askMINI say's my wifes car will be finished on May 10. WooHoo !!!

Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
it's confirmed, Swedish Fish and I, are going to be complete May 11th as well. We started production yesterday at 5:01 am with an ETA of June 11th. Beagle, it looks like we're goint to be on the same ship!!! Anyone else coming to California or west coast?

Old 05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
If I ordered my Mini from Albuquerque, will it show up on the west coast port???

Old 05-04-2006, 09:43 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
If I ordered my Mini from Albuquerque, will it show up on the west coast port???
Great question! I'd assume that you're coming in to Port Hueneme and then trucked to NM... I'd check w/ your MA though to be sure. It makes sense that's how it'd go for you! So you're probably going to be on our ship too!

Duck - You'll have to go to AMVIV next year...

Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
...Beagle, it looks like we're goint to be on the same ship!!! Anyone else coming to California or west coast?
that's cool...now to see if i can fiqure out what ship and when...not sure even what shipping line to check at this point, though i've read that it will likely be nyk.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
that's cool...now to see if i can fiqure out what ship and when...not sure even what shipping line to check at this point, though i've read that it will likely be nyk.
Yes, it seems NYk will be our shipping company. Our MA or Ask MINI should have the ship name once we get to that point. I'm going to have the wife call on May 10th/11th to find out if we have a ship date/ship name...

Then you can use this link to track the shop across the pond...

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Also the NYK website is: www2.nykline.com
Click on the PCC/RORO link, then PCC/RORO Fleet List for some more info. about the ship

Just as an FYI for the other production 19 folks, you can find a whole write up here about tracking your new MINI. There have been many threads on NAM with this info as well, but its just organized into one location...

Old 05-04-2006, 11:50 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
I just spoke with ASKMINI, and they said that my estimated completion date now is May 9th - one day earlier! Yay! But, then he also said that the normal delivery time upon completion is about 25 days. No! Still, that would put it in my hands a little sooner than expected. And, I want it ASAP (who doesn't?), but it HAS to get here before June 20th when my wife leaves for France for a week - I'll need her signature!

Old 05-04-2006, 12:59 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
That's great Ryan. I assume that you'll be going through South Carolina so you're probably not going to be on the same boat as us, but we'll see...

Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Hi... Im so excited for my MINI to arrive. I cant wait to go topless with goldcountrymini by my side. Hold on tight..Its going to be a wild ride.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Great question! I'd assume that you're coming in to Port Hueneme and then trucked to NM... I'd check w/ your MA though to be sure. It makes sense that's how it'd go for you! So you're probably going to be on our ship too!

Duck - You'll have to go to AMVIV next year...
HA!! I went to this past one....AND I DIDN'T HAVE A MINI! LOL My fiancee and I went and checked the show and shine dealy on top of the parking garage. What a blast. And I know it's going to be CRAZY fun to actually participate next year. I can't WAIT!

I need to call askmini and see what they say about my car. The website hasn't moved in the past week so I guess calling is the best bet. If my MA said the car won't arrive until mid-end of July I can't imagine it being on the same boat as your guys' Minis!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Just called ASKMINI. The automated guy said "Your car scheduled for production, with no production date set yet" or something along those lines. Doesn't sound too reassuring.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:13 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Still a month to go?

No MINI in the driveway again this morning.
No MINI for the drive into work today.
Maybe I should just go have another test drive to take the edge off...

Old 05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
Just called ASKMINI. The automated guy said "Your car scheduled for production, with no production date set yet" or something along those lines. Doesn't sound too reassuring.
You should really call and speak with a rep... I think that automated system is updated just as much as the website...

Originally Posted by dunixi
No MINI in the driveway again this morning.
No MINI for the drive into work today.
Maybe I should just go have another test drive to take the edge off...
I remember those days. I guess we're kinda lucky that we already have one MINI... Not to rub it in or anything, I feel your pain. I was there once and again right now with our cabrio...

Originally Posted by swedish fish
Hi... Im so excited for my MINI to arrive. I cant wait to go topless with goldcountrymini by my side. Hold on tight..Its going to be a wild ride.
With me by your side? I don't think so... I'll be driving!!! I always drive!! We'll have to play paper-rock-scissors to see who gets to drive it home from the dealer... Best two out of three?

Old 05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
dunixi
1st Gear
a little more progress

That friendly voice at ASK MINI just told me that my car is in the paint shop. closer and closer.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:13 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dunixi
That friendly voice at ASK MINI just told me that my car is in the paint shop. closer and closer.
Sounds good. No change for us today. I'm sure they're sick of taking out calls, but they're always friendly. If they updated the site they would field so many calls from us.

Dunixi, where are you from? Are you going to be shipped through CA as well?

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group