1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:22 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about 40 miles north of DC in Mount Airy, MD. I'm pretty sure the east coast is the place to be while waiting for a mini.

I'm really looking forward to my son's first guitar lesson after the MINI arrives. It's a half hour drive along twisty dippy smooth two lane back country road. We need to pick just the right guitar heavy music and see if we can't cut some time off of the half hour.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dunixi
I'm about 40 miles north of DC in Mount Airy, MD. I'm pretty sure the east coast is the place to be while waiting for a mini.

I'm really looking forward to my son's first guitar lesson after the MINI arrives. It's a half hour drive along twisty dippy smooth two lane back country road. We need to pick just the right guitar heavy music and see if we can't cut some time off of the half hour.
Now you're cookin'. Guitar and MINI goes well together. I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now... Lots of fun! I've been playing guitar on the steering wheel for longer than 7 years, but more important for about 3 on my MINI's steering wheel!

Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 PM
RedSkunk
6th Gear
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
Just as an FYI for the other production 19 folks, you can find a whole write up here about tracking your new MINI. There have been many threads on NAM with this info as well, but its just organized into one location...
Thanks for the link. It's VERY cool that we'll be able to track the ships that our cars are on... When that time comes. :impatient

And just called the hotline, got a May 17th production date. Hmm, that mean I'm week 20?

Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RedSkunk
Thanks for the link. It's VERY cool that we'll be able to track the ships that our cars are on... When that time comes. :impatient

And just called the hotline, got a May 17th production date. Hmm, that mean I'm week 20?
There are a bunch of links and such that you can go to. If you find any additional ones, feel free to PM me or email me so I can update that post. It's nice to have it all in one location!

Sucks to hear about your production date. We called the automated service and it said that we've been bumped by one day... I'll wait to speak with a person though. I don't really trust the automated or website... seems to update a little slow!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:53 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
In the paint shop...

Old 05-09-2006, 03:30 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Released to a carrier and on it's way to a port. I hope it doesn't get sea sick.

And I CAN'T STAND WAITING!!!!! >.<

Old 05-09-2006, 05:34 AM
krackenthorpe
2nd Gear
Checked status last night and found out that my car is in the body shop. Body shop? What is that? Paint? Where they put body panels on? Accident on the assembly line?

Old 05-09-2006, 06:02 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Released to carrier! The VIN's not in the WW tracking system yet, though.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
krackenthorpe
2nd Gear
WooHoo!!!!

My vehicle status has changed to Vehicle released to carrier-awaiting transportation to port of exit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEHAWWW!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:47 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
my astro black cooper s will be joining you guys on a cruise to the US!

Looks like I'm week 19! Sweet. I just called and my MINI's in the paint shop.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:08 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
At the port! I can't stand it!

Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Ok, I'm hoping for the "Don Carlos", assuming my car is going to Charleston, and not NY (I only assume this because I saw that other cars at Midwestern came from Charleston). It leaves South Hampton Saturday and sails directly to Charleston in 9 days. 9 days! Then it eventually goes around to Port Hueneme. This is the only WW ship going to Port Hueneme for weeks, so if you West Coasters are getting on a WW ship, this is it.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ryanmsmith
Ok, I'm hoping for the "Don Carlos", assuming my car is going to Charleston, and not NY (I only assume this because I saw that other cars at Midwestern came from Charleston). It leaves South Hampton Saturday and sails directly to Charleston in 9 days. 9 days! Then it eventually goes around to Port Hueneme. This is the only WW ship going to Port Hueneme for weeks, so if you West Coasters are getting on a WW ship, this is it.
Thanks for the tip... I think my first MINI wen on the don... I can't remember off the top of my head. We're in the paint shop right now so I doubt that we're going to make that ship... if it's leaving this Saturday, I really doubt it. I'd love to be on the WW ship though!

Swedish Fish called this morning and there was no new news... still in the paint shop. Glad to have NAM back up and working! Thanks Mark and everyone else!

Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
Over the seas...

The status of my MINI changed to "awaiting transport" I went on Wallenius Wihelmsen website and it lists a ship leaving for New York on the 12th and 13th. I hope I can make it onto one those ships.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:09 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
I'd love to be on the WW ship though!
what do you think the chances are for one of these ww ships heading to huenmeme?

[FONT=Verdana]Origin Port Departure Destination port Arrival Vessel Voyage Transit (Days) Booking [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] SOUTHAMPTON 12/05/2006 PORT HUENEME, CA 01/06/2006 FALSTAFF ED614-FAL 20 Book It [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] SOUTHAMPTON 13/05/2006 PORT HUENEME, CA 04/06/2006 DON CARLOS ED613-DOC 22 Book It [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] SOUTHAMPTON 18/05/2006 PORT HUENEME, CA 10/06/2006 TOLEDO ED615-TDO 23 Book It [/FONT]

Old 05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
If your car is destined for the west coast, you will almost assuredly be on an NYK Line ship, not WW.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
If your car is destined for the west coast, you will almost assuredly be on an NYK Line ship, not WW.
that's what i keep reading. i know that nyk's website doesn't offer any tracking. but also, why don't any NYK ships show up on the southampton shipping info page

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm

are they trying to be stealth or something? or jsut trying to make us west coast people crazy whilst we wait?

Old 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
We are still in the paint shop....hopefully a change tomorrow morning. They say she will be done on May 12th. I hope she makes the next boat.
My new thought is if she arrives sooner than scheduled and its 6/6/06, she is can hang out one more day at the dealer. Thats just asking for bad luck!!!

Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
are they trying to be stealth or something? or jsut trying to make us west coast people crazy whilst we wait?
I think they definitely have it in for us.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
I called on Monday morning and they had said as of 6:17AM my car had started through the production line...and it takes a week to be finished???? Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe I should call again! LOL

Don't even have the car and I have already purchased the Sirius OEM install kit.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
I called on Monday morning and they had said as of 6:17AM my car had started through the production line...and it takes a week to be finished???? Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe I should call again! LOL

Don't even have the car and I have already purchased the Sirius OEM install kit.
That's how it starts. it seems lilke you're about a week behind our MINI.

SFO- I know that west coast goes on NYK... I don't know if a WW ship would come out our way.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
Heh. I bought my iceLink+ off of eBay a couple of weeks ago! (can't wait to install it!)

Old 05-11-2006, 09:37 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
whoo hooo going to NY

Just checked the WW sight and found that the little one is booked on the MANON for a trip to NY.

This is gonna make me crazy.
Any company on the trip?

Old 05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Found out this morning that our car was complete yesterday.. 05/10/2006. We have not been released to a carrier yet, but hoping for the Don Carlos. I checked my records and that's the same ship that my 2004 MCS was shipped on!!! I thought for sure that Swedish Fish would have posted this info early this morning. She was on the phone w/ ASK MINI at 6:45 am this morning!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Found out this morning that our car was complete yesterday.. 05/10/2006. We have not been released to a carrier yet, but hoping for the Don Carlos. I checked my records and that's the same ship that my 2004 MCS was shipped on!!! I thought for sure that Swedish Fish would have posted this info early this morning. She was on the phone w/ ASK MINI at 6:45 am this morning!
I really think our first MINI came on the Don Coyote. They just might have more than one "Don" ship. I want my MINI here now. I feel like I should call Ask MINI every hour for an update.

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group