1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:43 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
Us too! We talked to our MA tonight... no new info on the ship. She's going to keep us updated!
I blew the last guess on what ship we might get (pegasus diamond headed off into the sunset without our minis). now i've got my eye on the toledo (ww vessel). know that a ww is unlikely but haven't picked out any nyk vessel that are headed this way.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
I blew the last guess on what ship we might get (pegasus diamond headed off into the sunset without our minis). now i've got my eye on the toledo (ww vessel). know that a ww is unlikely but haven't picked out any nyk vessel that are headed this way.
Swedish Fish and I were thinking we may have a shot for the Toledo.. no new news yet, but we're waiting for the word. Then we'll be watching our boat cross the pond... Going to try and watch it go through the canal... Don't know how I'm going to catch it on the webcam, but going to give it a shot!

I know, I know.... nerd

Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
I'm so glad that my car is on a ship, but I really wanted to be able to plot its ship's course. Alas, the INGOLSTADT does not provide its position, it seems.

So, to pass the time, I'm ordering accessories! I got my radio-mount iceLink+ off of eBay weeks ago. Tonight, I received my parcel shelf from OutMotoring. What next, what next? Perhaps some leather door pulls? Maybe that factory Astro Black grill?

I'm also cobbling together a GPS-navigation system from an old iPaq 3835 (PocketPC 2002) I had laying around and the Pharos-based GPS receiver that comes with Microsoft Mappoint 2006. So far, I've got the cable which connects the receiver to the iPaq and provides power. The software I chose, OnCourse Navigator, should arrive tomorrow. The best thing about this "accessory" is that I can try it out before I get the MINI! Now, how am I going to mount the thing...?

Old 05-17-2006, 05:16 PM
shinysilvermini
Neutral
OK I have held off on signing up for a user ID on this site and have just been lurking reading postings for the last month or so. But the tension is getting to me, so I have to vent. I am another West Coast-er whose precious Mini baby has been sitting on the dock for a whole WEEK now (and you know the weather in Southampton is not that great) and it's just killing me. I'd called 1-866-ASKMINI a few times and the automated system kept telling me it was waiting for a ship but today for the first time I spoke to a human who told me the same thing. She said unfortunately the minis don't always go out in the order in which they're produced. I mean why the %$@# not?? She said they quote West Coast people 6-8 weeks from when the mini is produced. Which would mean end June at earliest for me and more likely mid July. I think I will have exploded with anticipation and frustration by then. Or posted 4 million messages to this board. Or both.

OK, tantrum over for now. Just wanted to say hi, share our West Coast pain and get some emotional support

:impatient

Old 05-17-2006, 07:13 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
Thanks! This link made my day. I'm on the Manon and Baby is closer than I thought! Looks like she left England on 5/13 and from the global positioning looks like she's about half way here. As of yesterday my dealer said she was still waiting for transport. Anybody else on that ship?

Old 05-18-2006, 11:09 AM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by shinysilvermini
She said unfortunately the minis don't always go out in the order in which they're produced. I mean why the %$@# not?? She said they quote West Coast people 6-8 weeks from when the mini is produced. Which would mean end June at earliest for me and more likely mid July. I think I will have exploded with anticipation and frustration by then. Or posted 4 million messages to this board. Or both.

OK, tantrum over for now. Just wanted to say hi, share our West Coast pain and get some emotional support

:impatient
Man, I totally feel for you. My MINI's been sitting there for a week now as well, still waiting for a ship to come across to the west coast. Damn! So slow. And I was so excited that it was put together so quickly.

Now I guess it WILL be sometime in July instead of sometime in June. It does suck that east coast cars get put on ships sooner than west coast cars. Maybe there are just more cars going in that direction? They're going to get their cars first anyway, so I think ours should get sent out sooner.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:28 PM
dwj5
4th Gear
The Liberty has updated its location. She's halfway to Nova Scotia:

Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
Company on the Manon

Thanks! This link made my day. I'm on the Manon and Baby is closer than I thought! Looks like she left England on 5/13 and from the global positioning looks like she's about half way here. As of yesterday my dealer said she was still waiting for transport. Anybody else on that ship?
Yep, I'm on the Manon. Eagerly awaiting arrival. I just checked the map, we're getting close!!

Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Finally had the nerve to check the owners lounge again and what a suprise - estimated delivery date is May 24!!! I thought it would be later because baby is on the MANON and it isn't due into NYC until the 22.

I can't stand it. I'm afraid to believe it! I need to talk to my MA now!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
I just found out that the INGOLSTADT, which was due in Charleston on the 24th, is now due in on the 22nd! I'm really hoping for delivery next weekend - so is everyone around me who are very likely sick of hearing me say "my MINI..."

Old 05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
Dunixi ~ Where did you hear about the Manon coming in? I just checked the lounge and it says I'm en-route! How in the world am I going to sleep tonight? I know I'll be on the phone first thing the morning with my MA!

Where are you located? I'm near Baltimore, MD.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 PM
dunixi
1st Gear
Cindy - All I did was go to the owners lounge and click on "review order detail" on the track your mini page. The estimated delivery date shows up there. Don't feel bad if you can't sleep. After I found that date at work I ended up leaving for half the day because I couldn't get anything done. o_O

I live in Mt Airy - off of 70 east from you a little more than half way to frederick.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:26 PM
rayjitsu
Neutral
I found out Zooey's a week 19'er.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:35 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
10 Days and Counting...

.... o.k. .... i am starting to get flustered. no change in status, still waiting to get on a ship, as they come and leave southampton and appear to be heading for the u.s. west coast....but, NO, we don't get on, we are left sitting on the dock. arghhh !

just how much space can a few minis take:impatient ? tell me there was no room on the hojin (just left southampton today)...that looks like a pretty big ship to me! and how about the toledo (left southampton on the 18th)...damn big ship if you ask me....seems like there was room for one or two more minis on that one, too!

the pegasus diamond gets to southampton (again) tonight and shows that it's destination is baltimore when it leaves tomorrow, which is a stop on the way to the west coast for nyk. so will we be on the ol' p.d.? huh?

....i ain't holding my breath.... (o.k. maybe i am)

Old 05-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Hey Beagle, take heart... I am a week 16er and my MINI sat at the dock for two weeks. I'm now on the same ship as a bumch of good folks from week 18. The West coast sure seems to get fewer ships and has a longer time at sea too of course.

At any rate, after two weeks my MINI caught a ship and will be at PH in 11 more days. The wait was a bummer, but it just happens from time to time. Soon enough you'll be driving your MCSa!

Old 05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
Thanks! Says estimated delivery is 5/23! I've already told the office the minute I get confirmation I'm taking the day off for "family leave". On the other hand ... I think we get a month when we "adopt"!

Keep us posted!

Old 05-20-2006, 08:43 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the West Coast cars sitting there.

But I guess there are a lot more ships that go from Europe to the East Coast and back than transport from europe thru the Canal and then West Coast.

Our Cars(Ferrari/Maserati) are all dropped off at Newark and then trucked across the country by Horseless Carriage.

But seeing that transporting hundreds of Mini's that way would cost too much.

Has anyone ever thought of taking a courtesy delivery in another state??

Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
I feel the west coast frustration as well. I thought because my car was done with production so quickly, I would have my Mini sooner than 8-10 weeks. What a disappointment. I hate waiting for things and this is a long long wait.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:06 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cindy2627
Thanks! Says estimated delivery is 5/23! I've already told the office the minute I get confirmation I'm taking the day off for "family leave". On the other hand ... I think we get a month when we "adopt"!

Keep us posted!
Yes Cindy - I believe they are quite frightened and disoriented when they first get here. It is important that you spend as much time as possible with them during the first few weeks. Any Employer should understand this. ^^

Old 05-21-2006, 10:53 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Just hang in there west coast folks. I know the wait is annoying, I've been through it on my MINI, it took 98 days from the order to delivery...

Swedish, hang in there! I know it's been a tough wait, but we'll try and get an update next week and hope it has some good news.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Bubba Sulley
Neutral
I feel so bad for you west coasters... I can't imagine how rough it must be, just waiting to get on a ship. Shoot, its tough enough for me and I'm on the east coast!

Well, my MA said that its due in to Charleston on the 22nd. So I'm thinking it must be on the Ingolstadt.

Must resist...must resist the urge to buy mods!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 03:56 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Liberty is now delayed one day....

NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 23/05/2006 24/05/2006
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 25/05/2006 26/05/2006
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 28/05/2006 29/05/2006
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 30/05/2006 30/05/2006

Old 05-22-2006, 07:00 AM
dwj5
4th Gear
2 day delay?

More bad news. According to the Port Authority, the Liberty isn't scheduled to arrive until the 24th now.

Go to http://www.firstnynj.com/ and click on "vessel activity" at the top of the page to search for the Liberty's estimated arrival info. You only have to input the name or call sign of the ship so leave the other areas blank.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:19 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
My MINI is supposed to be unloaded sometime today (or tomorrow, depending on the source of information) in Charleston. I find it impossible to even think about anything else. The idea that I might be able to pick it up this weekend has me feeling very anxious.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Ok, well, it looks like we've made a ship, finally! Beagel and other west coasters... I'd assume that you're on the same one! It's a NYK Line of course and the ship name is Honjin. The call sign from the US Coast Guards site is YJYN8, but I can't seem to find the location on this ship. I'll keep searching! We're expected in to Port Hueneme in about 4-5 weeks. Per our MA, expected delivery would be the week of June 19th...

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group