1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
pancakex, did Murray of SLC have a markup at all? Are you driving down to get it or having it shipped to you?
Nope! No markup. There will be some car-registering fees, but you'll get those anywhere. MINI of Murray sells at MSRP.

I'm going to fly to SLC (pretty short hop from Seattle) and then drive back to Seattle. Should be a nice little road trip!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Sounds like a nice trip. Good to hear about the SLC dealer. You've had a good experience then...

I guess our ship is at sea, but no location so far!

Old 05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
miniprof
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pancakex
Nope! No markup. There will be some car-registering fees, but you'll get those anywhere. MINI of Murray sells at MSRP.

I'm going to fly to SLC (pretty short hop from Seattle) and then drive back to Seattle. Should be a nice little road trip!
Hi pancakex. I ordered from MINI of Murray as well, jest 7 days after you did, and my car won't be completed until June 2. Is the online system still showing Chili Red? I wonder if that has something to do with you getting it so fast. Maybe you got someone else's car!! Anyway, who is your MA at MINI of murray?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:47 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by miniprof
Is the online system still showing Chili Red? I wonder if that has something to do with you getting it so fast. Maybe you got someone else's car!! Anyway, who is your MA at MINI of murray?
Yeah, mine still shows chili red too! I was kind of worried but have been assured by many that their cars still showed up as chili red in the owner's lounge for a long time. I haven't gotten around to talking with a real person at 1-866-ask-mini yet, but part of me wouldn't really mind if I actually ended up getting chili red

If you talk to a real person at ask mini, they can tell your for sure what color your car is. The owner's lounge doesn't seem to be too accurate, and lags behind the information from the automated voice at ask mini by a few days. Today both the webpage and the 800 number tell me my car is in transit, however! I wonder if it's on the hojin?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:50 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Oh, and my MA is Juan! Maybe they felt bad for accidentally charging me two down payments () and bumped me up to an unused spot in the queue. Or maybe I just got lucky and got an earlier production spot at the factory because it opened up?

I figure I'll probably get my car around the same time I was told I would (probably late June/early July) and I'm just underestimating the amount of time it takes for my car to get across the Atlantic and through the canal. But I'll take it as soon as it gets here!

Old 05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pancakex
Oh, and my MA is Juan! Maybe they felt bad for accidentally charging me two down payments () and bumped me up to an unused spot in the queue. Or maybe I just got lucky and got an earlier production spot at the factory because it opened up?

I figure I'll probably get my car around the same time I was told I would (probably late June/early July) and I'm just underestimating the amount of time it takes for my car to get across the Atlantic and through the canal. But I'll take it as soon as it gets here!
Hey PancakeX, is your MINI on the Centaurus Leader? We have the same dealership, same MA, and I'll be flying down to SLC from Seattle to drive it home too. I'm hoping sometime June 9th to 17th, but it all depends on the VDC at this point. Centaurus Leader docks at PH on May31.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
When I called ASK-MINI they told me what ship I was on and when it left port. Then I went on line to track it. My MA confirmed the other day that it had arrived in the US and was getting ready to ship down to him. He called today to tell me it was there and I could probably pick it up Friday. Everything will be ready except he isn't sure the roof graphic will be in by then. Kind of irritating since they've had awhile to get in while I was waiting. Oh well. I've told him I still want to pick it up even if I have to bring it back to have the graphic on. I want to go motoring on memorial day!

Now all I have to do is sell my 740iL or get a bigger garage! We're running out of space.

Good luck to everybody still waiting.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Cindy, I'm so jealous that you're going to pick up your MINI. Is it earlier than you expected? I know Swedish Fish will also be a little jealous. She wants that cabrio pretty bad. I have to hear about it every day...

Old 05-24-2006, 04:55 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
It is a little earlier than I expected. We were expecting around the 1st week in June. We ordered on 4/15. Thats why I've been slacking selling my other car. But I am on the east coast and I think that definitely cuts some time out of the boat ride.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:02 PM
dunixi
1st Gear
Congratulations Cindy on being the first in the production week 19 group to have your mini show up. My estimated delivery date was today but I haven't heard a word from my MA.

And another congrats on making it to 1st gear status.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
My fiancee's car is now at the Distribution center.(VDC)

The dealer said they will have the car by Saturday.

But we can't pick it up until earliest Tuesday.
The MSO paperwork still has to be done and we are picking it up in another state. Picking up in CT and bringing it back to NY.

We are going to the dealer on Saturday though(couple hours) and hope the car will have a temporary tag to drive it back.
She(and myself) really want to have it for the weekend.

I know the port and the dealership want the car out and signed for by the end of the month for commission

Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
There's chance I might get mine on Saturday, but it will probably be more like Tuesday, because that is the ONE day next week I can't go there. The estimated delivery date is the 28th, but the dealership is closed that day.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:40 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Minitee
Hey PancakeX, is your MINI on the Centaurus Leader? We have the same dealership, same MA, and I'll be flying down to SLC from Seattle to drive it home too. I'm hoping sometime June 9th to 17th, but it all depends on the VDC at this point. Centaurus Leader docks at PH on May31.
Minitee, I haven't found out yet which boat my car's on! I don't know if it will be getting to the VDC as soon as the 31st. I think it's more likely that I'm on the hojin, because it looks like a bunch of people posted "yay my MINI is on a boat" posts on the same day that my status changed to "in transit" as well. I haven't had a chance to call ask mini during their business hours so I can talk to an actual person yet. They should also be able to verify that my car is astro black, not chili red

Can't wait to start driving my car! I've been seeing lots of MINIs around town.

Good luck picking up your car! I'm going to be in SLC around the middle of June, so it would be pretty awesome if I could pick up my MINI at the same time. But Juan told me that it would more likely be around the beginning of July that I'd be getting it.

I'll definitely have to call tomorrow and see what ship I'm on!

Old 05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Yeah, Juan's nice enough but he's not as savvy as the other MAs I hear about that actually can figure out what boat we're on. I based my MINI being on the Centaurus Leader the same way -- my status switched to In Transit the same day everyone else was saying they were on the Centaurus Leader.

Let me know how it goes with Juan.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
"In transit"! ASK MINI says it is "In Transit"! I'm going to puke, now, I'm so excited.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 AM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
Tomorrow?

MINI USA says delivery date is tomorrow. Haven't heard from my MA yet. I emailed yesterday but haven't received a reply yet. I guess I'll call. If I can't pick Austin up Saturday, he'll have to wait 'till next Friday. I've waited this long ( which has been nowhere near the wait some of the people on the west coast have ), I can wait another week.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:44 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AstroZombie
MINI USA says delivery date is tomorrow. Haven't heard from my MA yet. I emailed yesterday but haven't received a reply yet. I guess I'll call. If I can't pick Austin up Saturday, he'll have to wait 'till next Friday. I've waited this long ( which has been nowhere near the wait some of the people on the west coast have ), I can wait another week.
yeah, yeah, yeah... I don't want to talk about it. No news on the location of our ship? Besides in the water... hahahahahaha

Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AstroZombie
I would be surprised if they would want to let you do that. There monthly commission checks depend on the units out before the end of the month.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:14 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini
yeah, yeah, yeah... I don't want to talk about it. No news on the location of our ship? Besides in the water... hahahahahaha
[FONT=Arial]M/V Hojin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]1800/31/Jun[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Not booked[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]# 9 for transit[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]AM4[/FONT]

(from http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm )

apparently headed for the bremuda triangle since june doesn't have 31 days

Old 05-26-2006, 03:08 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
I was soooo ready to pick up MINI for the weekend. The estimated D Date was 24th. On the same ship a Cindy. It should have been here. No call from my MA.
Looked at MINIUSA this morning and found my Delivery Date changed to the 28th and the status changed to "At Distribution Center".

Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 PM
cindy2627
1st Gear
Dunixi -

Sorry to hear that. Don't wait for your MA. Call him! Could be the site is a little behind. I got much more info if I initiated the call.

I couldn't pick up today as planned. My roof graphic didn't come in until this morning. I'm picking up tomorrow. I also read some nasty posts about the washer fluid that comes in them causing some paint issues. I've asked my MA to have it all drained out so I can refill it myself after flushing the reservoir.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM
AstroZombie
2nd Gear
one more week

Originally posted by 4RETECH
I would be surprised if they would want to let you do that. There monthly commission checks depend on the units out before the end of the month.
Austin got off the truck this morning, but won't be ready for pickup tomorrow. My MA said there's no problem if I pick him up next Friday. Now it's off to Vegas to win the money to pay for him.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:36 PM
pancakex
3rd Gear
Man! I tried calling ask mini for more information about shipping, but all they could tell me was that my MA would know what ship my car is on, and that their computer system was crashing

Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
[FONT=Arial]M/V Hojin[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]1800/31/Jun[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Not booked[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]# 9 for transit[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]AM4[/FONT]

(from http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm )

apparently headed for the bremuda triangle since june doesn't have 31 days
Thanks! Great info. I guess we're not going to showup on sailwx site? I've like the lat/long so we can plot it accross the poind, but this works!

Old 05-26-2006, 05:27 PM
GatorMini06
2nd Gear
Uhhhhhh. So mad. My car was supposed to get on the integrity before, missed that, and missed the freedom today. UHHHHHH! I looked and a bunch of the cars that got on today were built after mine (05/18). Guess I'll be waitin for the Undine.

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group