1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 19 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 PM
krackenthorpe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 19 Support Group

Hello all,

I went and plunked down the money yesterday and submitted my order. I received a production number and a slot in production week 19 (May 8).

My order is:

Cooper S
Chilli Red
English Panther Black Leather
anthracite headliner
Interior surface anthricite
Sport Package
Dynamic Stability Control
17" alloy wheels w/performance run-flats tires
Foglights
Xenon headlights
Multi-function steering wheel
limited slip differential
roof and mirror caps in white
John Cooper Works Kit
Automatic air conditioning
rear fog lamps
Harman-kardon sound system

The best part about the order: Port Loc: CHSPOA (Charleston, South Carolina, my hometown! )

I shouldn't have to wait too long for shipping once it makes it across the pond. Hopefully I will take delivery mid to late June. The wait will be the longest in my life so far, I need something to take my mind off of the wait. (Good luck with that! )

Who else is out there in week 19?

Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 PM
krackenthorpe
2nd Gear
No one else out there in week 19 yet?

Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Hello there...we are week 19'ers, too!

mcs
british racing green
automatic
black roof
chromeline interior & exterior
anthracite dash & headliner
sports package, except stayed with 16" v-spokes (so dsc, xenons, front fogs)
english panther black leather
cold weather/convenience/premium packages
rear fog
armrest
h-k
carpet mats....

we are in southern CA so ours will come into pt. hueneme (just north of L.A.)

Old 04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
called 866-askmini..needed more info than i was getting from the owner's circle! Spoke to a rep who said my car was scheduled for week 19 production which is the second week in may...i guess that is the week of monday may 8...and that the cars finish production in a week. so that would mean shipping maybe by may 15. so how long on the ship thru the canal to the west coast? two weeks? three weeks....more research ahead....gotta do something to kill the time

Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
I ordered mine on April 22nd. I just got my scheduled production week from a rep at ASKMINI, and it's Week 19. The website does not yet show this information, nor does it show any order detail, but my MA keeps reminding to "NOT freak out" about it!

So far, I've only made one change since placing my order - all black seats instead of silver grey/black and the anthracite headliner instead of grey. And, I've already got a radio-mount Ice>Link Plus on the way!

-Ryan

Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by beaglemini
called 866-askmini..needed more info than i was getting from the owner's circle! Spoke to a rep who said my car was scheduled for week 19 production which is the second week in may...i guess that is the week of monday may 8...and that the cars finish production in a week. so that would mean shipping maybe by may 15. so how long on the ship thru the canal to the west coast? two weeks? three weeks....more research ahead....gotta do something to kill the time
Just to let you know, the ships take about 20 - 23 days to cross the atlantic, go through the canal and get to California. Too long.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
I can't believe what I just did I got a week 19 production number and had to decline it. I put my name on the list at Long Beach MINI and they told me late August or early september. They called yesterday with a number for me. The problem is I will be out of the country in June and most of July, so it would come to early.

Oh well, someone else will get an earlier number.

Good luck week 19 MINI people

Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
hey there ryansmith! we ordered ours on april 15 and hoped to make week 18 but it doesn't look to be happening that way. it will be interesting to see the time difference for your delivery to OH vs mine to CA...

Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
Just to let you know, the ships take about 20 - 23 days to cross the atlantic, go through the canal and get to California. Too long.
Arrgghhh! Wonder how many Mini's the could fit on a C-17?

Old 04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Waiting to get the production number from my MA, but he said I got a week 19 slot. Here's my car:

2006 MCS
Automatic
Dark Silver
Black roof/Black mirrors
Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Rear Fog
Anthracite headliner
Patina dash
All black leatherette

Let the modding begin!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
hey there! welcome to another week 19'er

Nice car... another automatic, like ours...not too many of those

Old 04-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
hey there! welcome to another week 19'er

Nice car... another automatic, like ours...not too many of those
Meh....lots of people have given me crap about getting an auto, but I got it 1) because I enjoy automatics 2) it has paddle shifters so I can be in manual mode too 3) not too many of them and 4) nice resale value!

Who cares what people think...it's what I WANT!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:10 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
[quote=Duck360198]...lots of people have given me crap about getting an auto, but I got it 1) because I enjoy automatics 2) it has paddle shifters so I can be in manual mode too 3) not too many of them and 4) nice resale value!

If the car was just for me, i probably would have gotten the manual and limited slip, but the auto is fine...my wife, who is pretty good with a manual, has a physical limitation with her hand so we went for the "comfort" of the auto since this will be her car. i'm sure it will still be a blast (glad we went for the MCS and the s automatic).

Old 04-29-2006, 04:45 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
Hello everyone,
I was also told that I'm having a week 19 baby PW/B MC. I just noticed last evening that my status changed on the miniusa sight from "On Order" to "Scheduled for Production" and that there is now a VIN hiding in the background html. Does anyone know if the VIN is accurate?

This process needs to move along a little more quickly. I find myself trying to hit the clutch and downshift my automatic transmission Subaru Forester because in my mind I'm already driving my Mini. ^^

Old 04-29-2006, 07:16 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Wow. The Owners' Lounge is still showing my status as "On Order" with no order detail, but 866-ASK-MINI says that my vehicle is "In Production" with a completion date of May 10th!!!

-Ryan

Old 04-29-2006, 07:36 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ryanmsmith
...866-ASK-MINI says that my vehicle is "In Production" with a completion date of May 10th!!!
that's great news! you ordered a week after us and we have no change in status other than"on order". did you get that info from the automated voice or did you speak to a rep? the waiting is getting to me...:impatient

Old 04-29-2006, 07:44 PM
dunixi
1st Gear
that's great news! you ordered a week after us and we have no change in status other than"on order". did you get that info from the automated voice or did you speak to a rep? the waiting is getting to me...:impatient
Hey beaglemini - I called and talked to the disembodied voice. It told me that my mini should be completed by the 9th. Happy it made me, but far away still...

Old 04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
thanks dunixi....when did you order? i am glad it's a toll-free number for as often as we call it! (btw, are you related to yoda? )

Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
The automated voice told me the 10th this morning. But my order detail is still blank.

Why do feel like May is going to be a slow, miserable month? I need a more accessible, temporary obsession to satiate me until June!

Old 04-30-2006, 06:01 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
I placed my order on April 13.

ryan - to check what the order details would be if they were visible you can right click on the frame and select "View Page Source" if you are using Firefox or whatever the IExplorer version of that is. If you don't see a menu selection like that try clicking on different parts of the page until you do.

Near the bottom of the page you shoud find a couple of very long lines of HTML that show your order detail. This is where I found my VIN.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:04 AM
dunixi
1st Gear
thanks dunixi....when did you order? i am glad it's a toll-free number for as often as we call it! (btw, are you related to yoda? )
And about yoda: have the same haircut we do, but taller I am by half. ^^

Old 04-30-2006, 07:43 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dunixi
ryan - to check what the order details would be if they were visible you can right click on the frame and select "View Page Source" if you are using Firefox or whatever the IExplorer version of that is. If you don't see a menu selection like that try clicking on different parts of the page until you do.

Near the bottom of the page you shoud find a couple of very long lines of HTML that show your order detail. This is where I found my VIN.
Great tip! The detail is within the <EMBED> tag. Everything looks ok!

BTW, dunixi, where are you located? I just started wondering if they try to schedule cars together that would be on the same ship - it would only make sense that they do. The cars at my dealer usually come from the Charleston VDC.

-Ryan

Old 04-30-2006, 09:27 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
ask mini machine voice: "your vehicle is scheduled for production, with no confimred production date yet..."

owner's lounge: "the current satus of your 2006 british racing green metallic cooper s is - on order" :impatient

arrggh! ordered april 15th...why no status change? impatient.....

not even anything on "review order detail"...hmmmm... when i use dunixi's idea of viewing the source, i see my order's configuration amongst the gobbledigook html code....will have to parse that out in order to kill some time....

Old 04-30-2006, 10:22 AM
ryanmsmith
2nd Gear
So, I wonder...if mine is completed on the 10th, how long does it wait before it is loaded on a ship? The WW site shows ships leaving the port on the 10th, 13th, 16th, 20th, and 27th.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:55 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear

Quick Reply: Production Week 19 Support Group