1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie X2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 AM
billster
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie X2

Lurking here endlessly since ordering our MCS/JCW's last month (my son is also onboard here - 'theBill'). He was pushing for me to test drive the JCW. I climbed in and ouila...it was '69 again...only with more punch and tighter handling. (back in 'the day' I ran an H Prod. bugeye, a D Prod. Tr GT6+ and occassionally would warmup a buddy's mini). The MCS felt like home to me. We sit down with the dealer and he asks if we're gonna buy one and we tell him 'we're gonna buy two!'. I thought his brains were going to fall out of his head. (If anyone from Long Island, NY is contemplating buying, HIGHLY recommend MiniHero at Hassel in Freeport!!!!! He's a big part of selling us on the MCS. He's on this board methinks.)

Anywho....Bill and I are now tracking the progress of the ship Integrity plodding across the north Atlantic. She's now approaching the coast of Nova Scotia. Looking at delivery around mid-May. Getting antsy now to say the least. Running up a list of aftermarkets and ideas. Gonna be hard to not strip the thing and put a roll cage in it, etc. :impatient

BTW: the comaraderie I see here is EXACTLY the comaraderie we had back in the 60's with the Brit. sports cars. Wave, turn around, park and kick tires for a 1/2 hour. Weren't many of us Brit drivers then....until MG intro'ed the B with automatic trans. Then EVERY damned layman became a 'sportscar' driver and the comaraderie faded away.

My MCS: CR/CR, S-lites, CR dash, Panther leather seats (NEVER have been able to treat myself to something like this but what the hell, right?), JCW setup with susp./brakes. Have probably forgotten a thing or three...but that's the gist of it.

Gonna be a great summer motoring AGAIN!

Cheers and thanks.
Billster

Old 04-19-2006, 01:41 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome, billster! Yes, MiniHero (aka as Dennis Miniero) is very well-known here on NAM! Congrats on the great new MINIs and the wonderful background story, too! Very cool....

Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Wow! Enjoy them when they get here. I also purchased two, although the purchases were 8 months apart. We all know how looooonnnggg the sea voyage seems to take as you endlessly track your ship. You'll have it in time to enjoy motoring during the nice summer weather!

Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Cooper Guy
4th Gear
Congrats on the new MINIs and welcome to NAM.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
thebill
2nd Gear
Take every word this guy says with a grain of salt - he was all ready to buy a 350Z, that is, until I stepped in & suggested we go check out the MINIs.
The rest, as they say, is recent history.
cheers.

thebill

Old 04-19-2006, 04:39 PM
mcsdmn
2nd Gear
thats funny cause i was thinking of a 350z too! but i like that the mini is more unique and the people that own them........great people

Old 04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
billster
1st Gear
Yup...... saw the light again. 'Sexy' doesn't necessarily make the best 'driver' car...and the mini's all about DRIVING and FUN. Simple. That's all that's important.

Thanks for all the greetings and wishes. Glad to be here. And a BIG thanks, again, to Dennis.

To be continued........

Bill

Old 04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Billster,

Yep, we know the buy-2 story. Got the CR/W in Feb'04 and 4 months later ordered the JB/JB. They are 6 months apart and the JB/JB is stripped with the roll cage and all. Check out our gallery.

Now MINI 3 is docking in Charleston on Saturday.

Hubby said when he drove the MINI for the first time it reminded him of his '69 Alfa! Also, not as powerful as his '69 Porsche 911 S but more fun. So that was what made him get his own to race.

If the Integrity is off the coast of Nova Scotia now, you'll be looking at delivery sooner than mid May. You're in NY and CT? Sounds like you'll be driving those MINIs sooner than you think

Congrats and welcome to MINI Madness!!!

SkateMom

Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
billster
1st Gear
Skatemom!

Good to hear from ya. Gotta tell ya that two weeks ago I bookmarked your hubbie's San Jose vids and it's a dangerous thing...looking at this footage. I WANNA RACE AGAIN! (Is the race car street-driven too?) That's one happy family you've got there. BRAVO!

billster