1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Costco trip...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Westernwallflower
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Costco trip...

I've got to admit I was sweating it a bit... wondering how I'd fit my usual Costco loot in my new MCSC... but it was all good! and almost everything fit into the boot, except my carwash kit w/ all the goods I must have to take care of my new love. 06 MCSC owner for 2 weeks now and still LOVING IT!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
I dread the Costco parking lot (a minivan, SUV, and shopping cart war zone)WAY more than trying to fit stuff in the boot!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Westernwallflower
2nd Gear
I hear you! I parked far away from the entrance, shopping carts, minivans, etc... Actually, I have been practicing that in any crowded parking lot. Staying away from the "car war zone," but in addition, my rear view is sooo limited in the convertible when the top is up.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Last time I was at Costco, I parked in the farthest away row, farthest spot I could find (leaving one spot open between my MINI and a Lexus). I come back to find some big, old, rusty, land yacht parked between us, while there were still plenty of open spots! Some people are just ridiculous! :impatient

Then a similar thing happened to me at the mall, only it was a brand new Charger that parked right next to me, and there were DOZENS of empty spots all around. He/She couldn't leave ONE spot open between us???

Silly peoples!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Viv
1st Gear
Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat
I dread the Costco parking lot (a minivan, SUV, and shopping cart war zone)WAY more than trying to fit stuff in the boot!
i understand that!!! i am so **** about door dings that if i don't like the way my husband parks Viv, i make him do it over again until i am satisfied that the cars next to us won't hit her. If i feel it isn't going to work, i find another spot!

he gets sooooo frustrated with me--oh well--she is my baby!!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Hngn on n the psnger seat
6th Gear
LOL i went grocery shopping in the MINI at the Commisary once. Walked out With my 3 shopping carts, the lady was that was helping me went slacked jawed and said "OMG" when she saw what i was driving

Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
The MINI is one of the easiest cars to park. You can park it almost anywhere. Yet we all park at the far end of the lot where no other cars are around.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cube17576
we all park at the far end of the lot where no other cars are around.
Or so we think...

Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
I love going to Sam's Wholesale & coming out with a buggy full of stuff. I can see people lingering around their cars just to see if I can fit all that junk in my Mini I always do & it always amuses them

Old 04-19-2006, 01:27 PM
myzamboni
5th Gear
Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat
Last time I was at Costco, I parked in the farthest away row, farthest spot I could find (leaving one spot open between my MINI and a Lexus). I come back to find some big, old, rusty, land yacht parked between us, while there were still plenty of open spots! Some people are just ridiculous! :impatient

Then a similar thing happened to me at the mall, only it was a brand new Charger that parked right next to me, and there were DOZENS of empty spots all around. He/She couldn't leave ONE spot open between us???

Silly peoples!
I can't speak for the rusty land yacht, but I've noticed most people that park way out by me in parking lots are like minded. They value their car's dent-free appearance and know I value mine. I don't mind cars parked next to mine as long as they are careful.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
rajron
3rd Gear
I intentionally take the Mini to Costco.
I fear the dinged doors also and luckily never got one, but I take the small car just so my better half can’t pack it with a bunch of stuff we don’t need. And, like many of you have already found out, you can put a lot of junk in this little car.
Maybe the next time I will leave my golf clubs in the car, well see how much she can pack in now.