1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6-8 month waiting list?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 AM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6-8 month waiting list?!?!?

Well, at the end of the summer I will put myself on the 6-8 month waiting list for mini. My question is does did everyone have to be on a waiting list this excessive?

Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way!

Originally Posted by flannelhippie
Well, at the end of the summer I will put myself on the 6-8 month waiting list for mini. My question is does did everyone have to be on a waiting list this excessive?
We ordered ours around March 3rd or so and should be getting it within the next two weeks. It seems west coast has a much longer wait time that east coast... but it is really dealership dependent. You should check around.

wait - you're in NY? Where are you ordering from? None of the dealerships we spoke to had that kind of wait. We're in Westchester....

Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I was quoted 6-8 months and got mine in just over 5 months....for the west coast that is not a bad wait time at all. There are places around the country with shorter wait times and some dealers have a few in stock for sale. Depends on how much of a hurry your in and how big your wallet is.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Bigcoyote
4th Gear
Hey there,

Yes, the current waiting list is LONG - everyone is trying to get a 06 before they are sold out. The good news is that you probably won't have to wait that long. A freind of mine was told the wait was 9 months - his MINI is being delivered in 4 months ( total wait ).

There are always "unclaimed" MINI's that show up at the dealer and some people do cancel or otherwise don't want thier MINI once it shows up. In that case the dealer normally calls people on the waiting list and offers it to them - and that, in turn, frees up another MINI for someone else......etc...etc

Good luck

Old 04-25-2006, 06:27 AM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
"Go East, young man". Time is too short to wait on fun!! Contact an East Coast dealer.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:31 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
You shouldn't have to wait that long, unless time rewound itself an it is now 2002-2003.

Find another dealer.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
May have to do with filling the demand for the redesigned '07s which I assume is what we are talking about?

Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
We ordered our 06 MCSC Dec 31st and were told we wouldn't be taking delivery until October (August production run). Turns out we got a call about a month or so ago that the got extra production slots and we got bumped up to April production and a June delivery. The car is on it's way across the ocean as we speak.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
promking
2nd Gear
My local dealership, Main Line Mini has tons of stock and actually offered me a discount:impatient if I purchased one from the lot. I ended up ordering one around March 20th and it should be in this weekend . Anyway, you should contact them and see if they have your combo. Here is the link:
http://www.mainlinemini.com/ My sales persons name is Darron.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
8 week wait in Texas . . . Moritz, Arlington

Old 04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Im not talking about the time in between when you order and recieve. Im talking about a 6-8 month list to order. You get on the list, 6-8 mo. later you can order, 6-8 weeks later you recieve. BTW I am getting am o7, because I wont have enough ,money till then.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Find another dealer.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Not sure what list that is...

Im talking about a 6-8 month list to order. You get on the list, 6-8 mo. later you can order, 6-8 weeks later you recieve.
We did not have to get on a list to order. maybe b/c you're getting an 07 and those are not out yet?? We called and put in our order all on the same day.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Im not talking about the time in between when you order and recieve. Im talking about a 6-8 month list to order. You get on the list, 6-8 mo. later you can order, 6-8 weeks later you recieve. BTW I am getting am o7, because I wont have enough ,money till then.
You can walk in and order one today, for late June delivery. I did it yesterday . . .

Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's how it works..

Each dealer is given an allocation per month. There is no "global list" so if you go to a dealer that has a large demand (either due to not having other dealers around, or because there are so many rich people who don't really care, and just place the order and wait) then you will be quoted a very long time. As time passes, some drop their order, or wait for certain features or model year roll overs, or the allocation per month changes, and next thing you know, you've moved up!

But because it's by dealer, just call other dealers and you'll do better. When I bought in 02, Mini of Mountain View was quoting 18 months for an S! I ended up at Mini of Murray (Salt Lake City) because they had no mark up, and had short waits. I got mine in about under 3 months!

So call around and see what you can find.

Matt

Old 04-25-2006, 03:09 PM
MiniTX
2nd Gear
I test drove my first Mini on April 1 (never had driven one), ordered one the same day, it was finished April 20, on the boat the 21st docking May 2nd and I should have it by the 10th.

Price was MSRP, no premiums, no fuss. Mini of the Woodlands just outside Houston.

Another dealer in Houston had Mini's on the lot, although I think they charge a $500 fee for the pleasure of buying any car from them.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:17 PM
domc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
Each dealer is given an allocation per month.
This is true. We ordered ours April 3rd and it's now waiting at the dock in England as of April 22nd. We even got Liquid Yellow and Cloth seats both of which are being cancelled April 30th.

The dealer in Denver had an allocation. The car was assemble one week after ordering it.

Find a dealer in the country with an allotment. Some will give special treatment to local people though I've heard.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:23 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
YES!!! i made my order in Oct 2005... its been 30 weeks

I finaly pick him up this week!!

It feels like i just made the order. At first they told me it was a 9-11 month wait for the "s" But then i got a call and they bumped me up sooner.

I didnt mind the wiat. it gave me time to save for a nice down payment. and let me pay off a few other bills in the mean time.

the west coast has a longer wait.

if you want the mini sooner, order some where on the east coast.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Man.... these Mk1's are nearly out of production and wait is still long. You guys are the lucky last. Nothing like a good old supercharger.

Hurry up folks, run out and get your cabbage patch kids while they still original.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
nilo
1st Gear
I ordered mine on March 7th (no waiting list to order) and took delivery of my MCS on April 20th. I'm in NY. These waiting lists I read of are horror stories!. I can't imagine waiting 6-8 months!. Order a mini on the east coast, catch a flight, and drive back is what I say.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
An if you want it soonest..

Originally Posted by wikedgolf
if you want the mini sooner, order some where on the east coast.
get it from the middle of the country!

I wonder if wait times anti correlate with "buy american" mentalities?

Congrats on finally joining the club! Now you have to change your handle, unless it's a reference to golf handicap!

Matt

Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
Now you have to change your handle, unless it's a reference to golf handicap!

Matt
Como?

Old 04-25-2006, 07:51 PM
polizei
6th Gear
What about Ohio? I was under the impression that MINI's took ~6-8 WEEKS to be delivered. I guess it's 6-8months? That really sucks! That means if I order mine next year, I won't have it until I'm 18! That's wayyy to long .

-Cody

Old 04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
lcubed
4th Gear
6 to 8 weeks sounds about right.
(when i ordered mine, from date of order to delivery was 1 month (east coast)

Old 04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Melissa's handle

Como?
WikedGOLF goes to BitchenMini?

Matt

Quick Reply: 6-8 month waiting list?!?!?