1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:52 PM
MINIymr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Here

Hello-

I got my MINI in March and this is my first time to post. I love the car! I was blown away when I went for my first test drive. I do have a few problems though. I have a strange ticking sound coming from the steering column area and just some odd noises- seems to have alot of rattles in the car. Do any of yours have this - for being so new? I live in a huge city and in a good part of town. You'd think we'd have some decent paved streets, but actually, it's the opposite. I did get the Harmon Kardon system so I'm trying to just crank my music and forget about the noises.:impatient I took it to the dealer a couple weeks ago- mainly about the steering column ticking sound- and they said to wait until after the break-in. I doubt the ticking will go away- but hey, whatever they say. I'm about 100 miles shy of that btw! Can't wait to see what the supercharger feels like!

Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. Glad you like your car. My car does not make strange sounds so I can't help you with that. If it were an old car I would guess the ticking came from the speedometer cable, but that seems unlikely nowadays. If it does not go away there are enough MINIs around now that your dealer ought to know what causes the ticking.

Question: What's a huge city these days?

Post a photo when you get a chance.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:39 PM
MINIFINIMAN
Former Vendor
Welcome to the gang ,my first posting also, I also had several rattles in my 2002 ,one was the rear hatch latch ,which the dealer replaced ,two others came from around the dash and were finally cured with some well placed silicon sealant injections. I've just recently noticed some noise coming from the front suspension on the hard turns ,might just be my inclination to push it to the limit.