1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my motorcycles...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:47 AM
S Won
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my motorcycles...

Well, I'm new to the MINI scene. I haven't actually got a Mini yet but I have been very interested in them since they first came out.

This is my first post, so maybe a little history is needed. I'm 42 soon to be 43. Married for 14 years to a wonderful girl (a lot younger than me!), 1 kid possibly another on the way. Anyway, I've been into cars since before I could drive. In the 1980's I had them all, a '69 Firebird, '72 GTO RA3, an '81 Trans Am, Dodge Daytona Turbo, Opel GT, '68 Mustang, '85 Mustang GT, etc... After that I got into trucks and Touota FJ-40 Land Cruisers in particular. I still have a '77 FJ-40 but it's up for sale.

In 2003 I was diagnosed with V-Fibulation and V-Tachycardia which are both life threatening. Yes, I know this is all too much information but bare with me! My doctors have been getting on me since the operation about riding motorcycles. I started riding when I was 7 years old and I've had numerous streetbikes over the years. Tuesday the doctors finally said that I need to completely give up street riding. It's much too dangerous for me, if the device goes off and shocks me while I'm riding. I could be killed. On Wednesday, I sold my new 2005 KTM 950 Adventure S. I will very soon only have dirtbikes and a Yamaha Zuma scooter. The scooter is very slow and I'll continue to ride it on the street, although rarely, to get my fix satisfied!

In 1999 I purchased a Dodge Neon Sport, so when the New MINI hit the market I had just bought a new car. Bummer! The MINI was new, so I was wanting to wait awhile to see how they were received. I guess it turned out alright, huh! My wife uses the Neon as a work car and we have a 2003 Jeep Liberty gas hog that just sits in the driveway now. Last summer I went to MINI of Pittsburgh and test drove a bright yellow little bomber with navigation and a 6-speed. Awesome little car. I want one.

Ok, now for the big question! Which MINI do I want? The new double overhead cam Peugeot-Citroen turbocharged engine seems to promise better economy and perforamnce over the current Dodge-BMW single overhead cam engine. I live in West Virginia and the rumors of AWD make me want to wait for that model for use in the snow. The traction control included in the cold weather package seems like it might be just as good. Either way I think the MINI is my next vehicle. I actually don't have a vehicle of my own because I've ridden bike for such a long time. My FJ-40 doesn't run and my wife, who I purchased the Neon for lets me use that to commute to work with.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

A Bikeless and Carless S Won in West Virginia!

S Won