1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini#1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
drjuju
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini#1

Yup, it's number one alright...my first and the best driver's little motoring unit I've seen since the 60s. Used to watch these things race in Eastern Arkasas. Old leftover WWII air base north of my home town. Loved them then, love mine now. It's a 2004 with 9300 dealer-confirmed miles on it. The little monster isn't even trained yet! It shows. Got a warning ticket just yesterday. You know all the options, so I won't list them. This one's not an "S" but it's certainly a well-tricked-out little piece of fun and comfort for my daily 100 mile round trip commute. I'm a pushing-60 unix engineerand I love to drive.Anywhere, any time of year, any weather, and almost any company.
Just got a new job over 50 miles away, next day saw the mini advert at a rural Chevy dealer about 20 minutes from my house. I told the guys on the job I was gone for the day, called the Chevy dealer and told him to make it mine. No money down, no sales taxes, not even a dime for their awful coffee. Picked up my brother the legal eagle prosector who shuttled my truck for me while I drove into the Ozarks Looking for other MINI mates for raids through the Ozarks and Ouachita Mtns. There's a new lodge on Magazine mtn, Highway 7 is still the prettiest one-day ride around, and I have almost 50 years of Arkiness to come up with other intriguing destinations (white water canoe, eagle aeries, native orcihds...ALL those music, art,and craft festivals...even a sailing club or two. Most of my routes include good, private camping if that's your thing. All of them include a real house with a double bed for me & my little French wife.

Cheers,
Drjuju

Old 05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
bee1000n
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow! You sound like an awesome character. Be sure to post some pics of your adventures.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Minitee
4th Gear
Great first post! Sounds like a great part of the country down there.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard my friend! WOW- you found a good one - low miles - excellent!!! Congrats.....

Donna

Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
drjuju
Neutral
Pics of #1

Wife's the photog around here, but I got these with my old Mavica. I'll get her to show some good ones this weekend.

Character? Yeah, I suppose I might be. Just like life to be interesting.

Attached Thumbnails Mini#1-3410.jpg   Mini#1-3412.jpg   Mini#1-3411.jpg  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
drjuju
Neutral
Donna/Mike from Michael/Donna

nice bunch of names. all the ones who matter.[IMG]images/smilies/nod.gif[/IMG]