1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a name

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 PM
hudmg0kw
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a name

From reading many postings I can see there is a need to name my Mini. Never named a car before so any input is appreciated. If it helps, the Mini is dark silver/black. Location is Central KY (hillbilly names will not necessarily be seen as offensive.)
BTW are there any other owners near Bowling Green, more specifically in/near Glasgow? I've only seen 1/2 a dozen around here in the last 3 years.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sometimes it takes a while to figure out a name for your MINI. It will just come to you.....

Donna

Old 05-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
It took my 8 months to name Pearl, it will come to you, just have faith and look for things that keep recuring.

I know I saw several in the Elizabethtown area on my most recent cross country voyage, and if I remember correctly that shouldn't be too far from Bowling Green (but I could be wrong as this happened in the middle of 25 consecutive hours of driving). Hope you find some fellow motorers soon, half the fun of the MINI is the wonderful community surronding it.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hudmg0kw
From reading many postings I can see there is a need to name my Mini. Never named a car before so any input is appreciated. If it helps, the Mini is dark silver/black. Location is Central KY (hillbilly names will not necessarily be seen as offensive.)
BTW are there any other owners near Bowling Green, more specifically in/near Glasgow? I've only seen 1/2 a dozen around here in the last 3 years.
Bubba, Billy Bob, The Shadow, Zorro

Old 05-12-2006, 05:33 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
I've had my car a year and have no idea what to call it. I've contemplated "Trouble" for the amount of time it has spent @ the local MINI dealer for repairs.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Mugami
Coordinator :: River City Minis
Like most said .. it will come to you.. also help to know if you think its a girl or a guy. Like mine as the Plate says MOTOV8N. there were several other names i had running threw my mine until then. Mine is a DS/W . some of the notable names were Grey ghost, Silver bulliet (yeah i know nothing original), Girl Friends Competition or GFC for short, Up N Over (right after the Cliff diving i did with my First mini) and Ticket Maker.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:30 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How Bout "Moonshine"

Old 05-12-2006, 08:33 AM
goaljnky
Banned
KFM? Kentucky Fast Mini?

Old 05-12-2006, 01:13 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"KFC" Kentucky Fast Cooper

Old 05-12-2006, 01:29 PM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
My first MINI, PW, was named "Ms. Kitty". Mom and I were just coming home and parked close enough to the fence for the engine sounds to be reflected back to us. When I turned it off, the car purred like a cat, we looked at each other and at the same time exclaimed "Ms. Kitty!"...

Ms. Kitty drowned in Hurrican Wilma's 8 foot storm surge. But my second MINI was named "Ducky"...I am hoping, like a duck in a hurricane, he will be somewhere safe when the surge rolls in.

The moral of the story is, the car will tell you what it's name is, you just have to listen to it...

Old 05-12-2006, 06:45 PM
hudmg0kw
3rd Gear
I knew this group would come up with a fitting name. Thanks to all for your input. Special thanks to Snooter and goaljnky. Don't think the car, or my imagination, could have come up with anything as good as KFC.