1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini-In-Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Gomphus
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini-In-Waiting

Hi All:

Well I took the plunge and ordered a MC PW on 7 May. I have some questions about how I might best work myself into a frenzy as I wait, wait, wait.

I have a Production # and have checked the Owner's Lounge and it comes up "On Order."

Other details on my sales invoice are:
Req. Prod: 2006/06/23
Sub. Prod: 2006/06/23
Conf. Prod: 2006/06/23
Quota: 2006/6

Can someone explain if these are REAL dates and how I might confirm
details of my production schedule.

Thanks!!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 PM
GypsyBaby
3rd Gear
Sorry no advise to offer....but I'm waiting with you!
I ordered on May 1st, I have a production number & it ask mini still says on order, I have no build date yet.....this waiting is tougher than I thought it would be. LOL

Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 PM
hudmg0kw
3rd Gear
Congrats on placing the order. The wait is painfull but anticipation makes delivery that much better. You will have no regrets.
As far as "Owners Lounge" info, there are muliple postings regarding how unreliable it is. My experience:
When I ordered, the dealer told me it would be 2 months. Didn't stop me from checking every day after the order was placed. Anyway, the first day the "Owners Lounge" showed my car was off the ship (it was a Thursday), the dealer called and told me I could pick it was there and I could pick it up Saturday. I told them I would take the day off Friday if they could have it ready. Needless to say, it was Friday.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:25 PM
UsCoops
4th Gear
Hey Gomphus, I ordered my PW/B MCS 5/8. Owner's lounge still shows On Order. 1-866-ASK-MINI recorded helper told me 'scheduled for production with no date', and live ASK-MINI rep told me I'm in production week 23.

Try ASK-MINI and I just bet you'll soon be joining us in the Week 23 Support Group thread!

Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Gomphus
1st Gear
Hey cooperminis - thanks for the advice. Recorded helper confirmed what you suggested. No live rep on weekend.