1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not yet mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:58 PM
oscarb
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not yet mini owner

would like info about what to order on new mini s or standard mini. have lots of questions, would like to hear from others, also would like to have some reliability news. oscar

Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Welcome to NAM and it truely depends on what is important to you. I went with 3 packages that pretty much covers anything that I want...plus I got the factory arm rest which works great if your tall like me...but if you are short then its almost useless. If there was one thing that I opted for that my MA suggested was sport seats. They are so worth it and if you have the funds the upgraded leather from there is awesome as well. I am sure others will chime in soon as well. Let us know your thoughts so far on what you like.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:08 AM
herozup
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oscarb
would like info about what to order on new mini s or standard mini. have lots of questions, would like to hear from others, also would like to have some reliability news. oscar
Welcome!

3 words. READ THE BOARDS!

I basically built my dream car on miniusa.com. Then took each spec and did a search here on NAM. Depending on what I read (knowing that most is opinion) I decided whether to keep it or go back and rebuild. Most things stayed the same but many changed.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
o4amini
6th Gear
Have gone on a test drive yet? I would highly recommend it. A good dealer will have a bunch of different cars/features for you to try out. I also second getting the sports seats they make you feel pretty secure in the car driving on the twisties . I like the lumbar supports in them as well. I also didn't think I'd want the heated seats but they are great on a cold day or even if you have a bit of a twinge in your back. I have an S and love the pep and handling the car has. I have stated elsewhere that I have never felt this way about a car before but I hope you take some time and do the research to become another total devoted MINIAC!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:42 PM
jmmas
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely test drive one. Chances are you will put your order in within days... Of course after going through a bagillion different configurations at miniusa.com

Old 05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
ybavg
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM!

MINIUSA is a great place for you to build your dream MINI!
Your going to have some tough decisions ahead of you...especially
deciding the color of your MINI!!

Check out the chromeline interior...it was a must for me!!