1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crishchun, Dash is _gorgeous_. I never thought much of pepper white before, but I absolutely love the pictures.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's MINI...

Someday my MINI will come...

Old 07-28-2006, 08:12 PM
pearface
1st Gear
this week or next?

I guess this IS the right week if my car is on the Auto Banner? I see people already getting their cars in this thread and pw27 but have seen mention of auto banner in pw27 too. My MA confirmed with me today that it is due in august 9th (as I told him I read that on these boards) and then possibly up to another week to get to south bay mini. grrrrr.

also i am thinking of naming her "beauty". (comments? - name not coming easy for me)

EDIT: Ok following gromit's posts the past few pages I think I can confirm myself that this is indeed the right place for support. I am starting to get really impatient driving my rental crap, I mean car (my jeep didnt survive the wait for my new mini).

For So Cal peeps also waiting for the Auto Banner, what are insurance price expectations? I am getting some lame quotes (and i hardly drive, no tickets/accidents, licensed 18 years... curse of the 90028?) AND lowest loan rate on 60 months I could get was 6.35 - any advice or shoot me to the right place to post these questions.

thanks,
hugs

Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was talking to my MA today, and he said that after the Auto Banner delivers, Gromit won't get up here until probably after the 16th, and then another day and a half to install the iPod adapter and detail the car.

MUST TAKE A PILL!

Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 PM
pearface
1st Gear
oh the waiting

YAY gromit... or NAY i should say on that long nasty wait, but alas, i am not alone.

where are you? up north i gather? i am in so cal.

whoever is doing those spreadsheets, please add me.....

Old 07-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
We're in Manteca, a small überredneck burg in the central valley. An hour south of civilization.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:42 PM
pearface
1st Gear
hahaha, when you say "central valley" I think of Van Nuys (as in san fernando valley). but i assume you mean central CA..

I will be looking for your posts, post delivery.

any comments on my "maybe" name of Beauty? I dont know why naming my car has been so tough this time. im paranoid.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:16 AM
Red Fish
1st Gear
Pearface, I usually find the naming is easier after the vehicle arrives. For instance, my old Jeep Wrangler (1991) acquired the name Jolt on the ride home from the dealership. Don't know how I came up with that one.

Beauty is certainly nice and descriptive.

I'm thinking maybe Lucy for my Red one.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:54 AM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
Originally Posted by pearface
whoever is doing those spreadsheets, please add me.....
Um, yeah.....he got his MINI yesterday, so it may not be updated for a while!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:23 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
going to pick up for 3 pm today!!! will have plenty of pictures later... i can't wait

Old 07-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
hahaha, when you say "central valley" I think of Van Nuys (as in san fernando valley). but i assume you mean central CA.
Correct, the slightly larger valley, that's 700 miles long.

Car naming just happens when the Muse hits. The Muse has hit us many times, and we've been lucky enough to have names left over.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Logan apparently got bumped from this week's truck and is now scheduled to come up to Boston August 6th. Then it will take another day or two for VentureShield and Lojack. Grr. Kerry's going to see whether there's a stock car she can bump instead, but for now it looks like Aug 7 or 8. At least that's still before my birthday (the 11th)...

On the bright side, HC is going to pay for a car rental until I can pick up Logan. Yee haw! It won't be a MINI, but at least I'll have a way to get to work for the next week or so.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:16 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
so.. the mini is amazing will have pics up in an hour or so... question for anyone got the navigation and they gave me the 2005-2 navteq disk. the dealer said thats the latest one and they have no others. they said if i have any issues to contact mini usa and get the new one. is 2006-2 the newest one and should i try to get it?

Old 07-29-2006, 04:18 PM
astrochex
6th Gear
I guess this IS the right week if my car is on the Auto Banner? I see people already getting their cars in this thread and pw27 but have seen mention of auto banner in pw27 too. My MA confirmed with me today that it is due in august 9th (as I told him I read that on these boards) and then possibly up to another week to get to south bay mini. grrrrr.

also i am thinking of naming her "beauty". (comments? - name not coming easy for me)

EDIT: Ok following gromit's posts the past few pages I think I can confirm myself that this is indeed the right place for support. I am starting to get really impatient driving my rental crap, I mean car (my jeep didnt survive the wait for my new mini).

For So Cal peeps also waiting for the Auto Banner, what are insurance price expectations? I am getting some lame quotes (and i hardly drive, no tickets/accidents, licensed 18 years... curse of the 90028?) AND lowest loan rate on 60 months I could get was 6.35 - any advice or shoot me to the right place to post these questions.

thanks,
hugs
pearface,

I'm waiting for the crusty old Auto Banner also.

This week I'll be going to the Long Beach Teachers Credit Union and I think I'll get under 6%.

Insurance will be with the crooks at AAA. I've heard that Wawanesa has good rates but I have not checked with them. Who knows how rates will change if they go to a record based system.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Hey, nbame, you finally get to edit your signature and remove "on the way"...

Looking forward to the pictures!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:28 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
so i have the british voice enabled by default which is great! i don't have perspective mode, is that because i have out of date software or because i have a 2005-2 disk...

Old 07-29-2006, 05:21 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blue baby
Logan apparently got bumped from this week's truck and is now scheduled to come up to Boston August 6th.
Hmmm... That's making me a bit nervous that my mini isn't going to make it to Boston this coming week - especially since you were at the VDC before I was. Oh well, I guess I'll find out on Monday when I bring the loan check in.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by astrochex
Insurance will be with the crooks at AAA. I've heard that Wawanesa has good rates but I have not checked with them. Who knows how rates will change if they go to a record based system.
I tend to agree, that AAA has higher rates, but like everything else, you get what you pay for. When we've needed AAA, it's been no real hassle, and we take advantage of their travel and roadside services. I've read a lot of complaints about the "cheaper" insurance companies; huge hassles getting anything done, having policies cancelled after paying off a claim, etc.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Beauregard
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nbame786
so.. the mini is amazing will have pics up in an hour or so... question for anyone got the navigation and they gave me the 2005-2 navteq disk. the dealer said thats the latest one and they have no others. they said if i have any issues to contact mini usa and get the new one. is 2006-2 the newest one and should i try to get it?
nbame786, I just looked and I guess I have the 2005-2 disk also. I just assumed I had 2006 something or other because my MA told me it was 2006 and the latest. Maybe it isn't. I also don't have perspective. (I didn't think about it until you mentioned it).

Old 07-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Beauregard
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nbame786
so i have the british voice enabled by default which is great! i don't have perspective mode, is that because i have out of date software or because i have a 2005-2 disk...
nbame786, I found a reference to turning on perspective mode. Do this:

To activate the Perspective view mode with V27 you need to do the following (thanks to 2Wires for this info):
  1. Go to the main menu and then settings. Press the menu button for about 10 seconds until a new menu appears.
  2. Check “Perspective”. Voilá. Perspective mode is now available.
After that Perspective is a choice on one of the menus. It worked with my 2005-2 DVD.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:24 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GreenRacer
Hmmm... That's making me a bit nervous that my mini isn't going to make it to Boston this coming week - especially since you were at the VDC before I was. Oh well, I guess I'll find out on Monday when I bring the loan check in.
GreenRacer, keep us posted on what you hear from HC tomorrow...

Turns out they didn't put me through BMW financing. I thought that's what we were going to do, but I guess they couldn't get the % low enough. So, HC did the legwork to get what turned out to be Brookline Bank set up for me. 6.14, which is a little better than I'd been promised (6.23). I did all the paperwork yesterday. In the home stretch!

Old 07-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
No other postings today? Where is everyone? Crishchun and nbame have the perfect excuse, but what about the rest of you?

Old 07-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Red Fish
1st Gear
Sorry to hear that yours is delayed, Blue baby.

I'm picking the Red one up from the dealer tomorrow night, and I've been trying to keep my mind off the MINI. You can imagine how well this has been working.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
I've been cleaning my 4 yr old daughter's room all day (and yesterday too, come to think of it). I'm pooped. I've filled FOUR of those giant black garbage bags with stuff for charity. Two more of just garbage (paper, broken stuff, McDonald toys...).

I'd say it was for her, but she sleeps in her brother's room. A friend of mine is going to stay there for a little while until he gets a place of his own. He just sold his house.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:20 AM
Law Talking Guy
Neutral
Alright y'all, here's a request for advice:

I know from OL that my dealer has Serenity, and the MA previously has told me it should only take an afternoon to install my dealer accessories (mats, valve stem caps, security system, bumper protection). They probably got it Saturday, and I am going to assume that my MA will call today, but how long do I wait before I give up on staring at my phone and just preemptively call? I'm notoriously impatient, so I want to time it right and not seem like "Obsessive Guy."

As an aside, I think it's telling that I have to paint and clean up some things in my new house for the floor guys, but if my MA would say "It's ready now" I'd be up to Annapolis in about two seconds.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Maybe I'm just a wee bit obsessive myself, but I don't think there's anything wrong with calling just to check in.

Now, if they say it will be ready tomorrow at 4PM, and you call every hour between now and then to ask, "Is it ready yet? What about now? Is it ready now?", then that would probably cross the line.

But one check in to see when Serenity will be ready? Not obsessive at all in my book. Of course, my book is probably banned in several conservative libraries...

Quick Reply: Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group