1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Made sure of our pre-approval from the credit union, and just ordered an all weather car cover and lock for Gromit. A lot of dust and bird poo where we live, and I don't mind the extra few minutes it will take to deal with the cover!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:22 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crishchun
WOOHOO!

Post pictures! I'm so anxious to see a BRG/B.
Originally Posted by Blue baby
Yay, GreenRacer! Yes, post pictures, post pictures!
I have my digital camera in my soon to be ex-car (thank god no more camry!!!) and I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures. I will probably have them online and posted tonight - but no promises as I may be unable to resist the urge to drive drive drive until way too late.

BTW - we totally need a 'driving' smilie, like something with a little steering wheel and a scarf whipping in the wind.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Red Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GreenRacer
I may be unable to resist the urge to drive drive drive until way too late.
Go, GreenRacer, Go!

Congrats!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
HC Service might be worth a try after all...

For the Boston folks on this list--I just got off the phone with Mark in HC MINI service to see whether he can help if I decide to do a CAI mod and want someone else to install it. He sounded great! Apologized for taking a few hours to call back, was clearly a "car guy," gave his thoughts on the various brands--even checked out the ProMini web site while we were talking because he didn't know a lot about their offering, and gave me his thoughts on what he would expect based on what he read (good things, btw). He was friendly, clearly cares a ton about MINIs, didn't treat me like a girl (big plus!), and overall gave me the warm fuzzies. Maybe it's worth trying them after all.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GreenRacer
I will probably have them online and posted tonight - but no promises as I may be unable to resist the urge to drive drive drive until way too late.
..............ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!................... .

If you find any good twisties on the way home from HC, let me know!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
MINI's birth certificate?

OK, sorry for the 3 postings in a row, but something just occurred to me.

I know there's some sort of document I need to sign before the dealer can register my MINI and get plates. I don't remember what it's called (certificate of origin, maybe?), but Kerry described it as Logan's "birth certificate" and said it doesn't come with the car, but under separate cover instead.

For the folks who already got their MINI or are getting them soon--when did you get this doc to sign? Should I be concerned that I don't have it yet?

Thanks!

4 more days....I hope...

Old 08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Red Fish
1st Gear
I signed what I think they called a "pre-title" when I went to the dealership to pick up the car.

Good luck with the rest of your wait, BB!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:32 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
OK, sorry for the 3 postings in a row, but something just occurred to me.

I know there's some sort of document I need to sign before the dealer can register my MINI and get plates. I don't remember what it's called (certificate of origin, maybe?), but Kerry described it as Logan's "birth certificate" and said it doesn't come with the car, but under separate cover instead.

For the folks who already got their MINI or are getting them soon--when did you get this doc to sign? Should I be concerned that I don't have it yet?

Thanks!

4 more days....I hope...
It is the certificate of origin - and don't worry, it goes to the dealership, not you. And speaking of which...

I just signed mine and got my little green racer!! I just got home and he's parked outside right now! WOO-HOO!

Check my gallery for a few pics - I'm heading out to show it off for some friends and then vroom vroom vroom!

Old 08-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Yay, GreenRacer! He's beautiful!

Only 6 miles, eh? Bet he'll have quite a bit more by the time you read this...

Did you transfer your plates? I'm getting new ones, and Kerry said she'd FedEx the certificate of origin to me when she got it so I could sign it, FedEx it back, and then she could then get someone to go to the RMV to register Logan before I picked him up...

If it's there, and Logan gets there Sunday, I could stop by (no need to FedEx), and maybe sneak a peek at him. ...swoon...

Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Yay, GreenRacer! He's beautiful!

Only 6 miles, eh? Bet he'll have quite a bit more by the time you read this...

Did you transfer your plates? I'm getting new ones, and Kerry said she'd FedEx the certificate of origin to me when she got it so I could sign it, FedEx it back, and then she could then get someone to go to the RMV to register Logan before I picked him up...

If it's there, and Logan gets there Sunday, I could stop by (no need to FedEx), and maybe sneak a peek at him. ...swoon...
I am in love with this car. I headed over to JP (j-way = big fun) and hung out with some buddies for a bit. Took my friend Christal for a spin and hung out at Brendan Behan for a drink and then motored home. I'm still getting used to driving a stick for the first time in many years so I'm a wee little hesitant with my parallel parking but aside from that everything went smoothly. I need to devour the manual (especially for the iPod adapter) and I definitely need to find the list of codes for the various settings (the service guys at HC do not know ANY of the fun settings) so that I can get some things set up - like being able to open the windows and sunroof with the remote. And since Ian was a little pressed for time the car doesn't have an inspection sticker yet - thank god for the 7 day grace period! I'm going to get that done on Monday.

Not to try to make you all jealous or anything (yeah right!) but you have no idea how much fun you are about to have!

I did transfer my plates so that was nice and easy and I'm still wavering on whether to get personalized plates or not. I think I may put that off until the spring, since my registration is up next summer anyway.

A word of caution to your husband (you're married, right?) - you are about to have a torrid love affair with Logan. He (the husband) better treat you right cause he's got serious competition now!

Old 08-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear

I read your post to said hubby...he just chuckled. I think he doesn't quite get that you're serious!

Old 08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
Oh yeah! Good point!l My husband was very jealous of my MINI...until I got him one. Now, not so much.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GBMiniGirl
Oh yeah! Good point!l My husband was very jealous of my MINI...until I got him one. Now, not so much.
Your husband is a lucky man! Hope he knows it.

Kerry thinks Logan is in (woo hoo! But I'm not celebrating until she's sure), but the certificate of origin won't be in for a few days. Tuesday seems optimistic to pick him up, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

AB folks, how's the voyage going? Almost there...

Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Yay! My Owner's Lounge status was updated to "At Your MINI Dealer"!!!

Getting there....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
We on the west coast are just grumbling to ourselves and sporting a green tinge....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
We on the west coast are just grumbling to ourselves and sporting a green tinge....
The tinge will match your MINI perfectly, Gromit! Only a few more days for the Auto Banner...your MINI will come!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 AM
GBMiniGirl
Today's the day my Mary is supposed to arrive at the dealership. So, needless to say, I'm impatiently awaiting a call from my MA. (foot tapping)

Old 08-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
It'll take the dealer about a day and a half to turn the car around. Check it, detail it, etc.

Yours, and the other dozen Mini's that came with it on the truck.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
GBMiniGirl
Noooooo, it will be at the dealership for a while. They have to install the stripes, the clear bra, the driving lights, the euro parcel tray, the custom leather seats, paint the interior bits..... But, my MA said he might let me unwrap it!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 PM
GBMiniGirl
Foot tapping harder.....still no phone call. Urmmphhh!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Less foot tapping, more calling _them_, GBMiniGirl!

I get to meet Logan tomorrow at 6:30! Wahooooooooooooo!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GBMiniGirl
Foot tapping harder.....still no phone call. Urmmphhh!
This is why I love to play first person shooter games on my computer. Sometimes you just have to lay waste to the galaxy to vent!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Ok, blatant theft from the Week 27 thread. A good idea is a good idea!

Occupation - Graphic Arts Supervisor for a printing concern.

Family - Married to Becky (Bunny318), two years. Two rug pirahna that were a part of the package. (Daschunds.)

Interests - Mini's, MG's, Mac's, Film Photography, SCCA Solo 2, Camping, Reading, Naturism, Cooking, Road Racing, Formula One, Aviation, Scale Replicas, and some things not to be mentioned here!

Other Vehicles - 1975 MGB that I've owned since new (Derrington Cross Flow head, 2 x 40DCOE Webers, four tube shock conversion, 7/8" sway bar in front, 3/4" swat bar in rear, solid bushings, nitrated crank and shot-peened and resized rods). A 1996 Suzuki Sidekick that will be sold soon, and Becky's 2004 Honda Element.

Why I Got a MINI - Fun, goes like a hummingbird with four wheels.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM
GBMiniGirl
Less foot tapping, more calling _them_, GBMiniGirl!
The only reason I haven't is that I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning for a service appt. anyway. The camera's in the car...just in case.

Quick Reply: Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group