1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 07:50 AM
crishchun
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue baby
I'm booked on the Courage! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else with me?
Blue baby: you may be booked, but keep checking to ensure your status says "LOADED ON VESSEL" on the day of Courage's departure.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
BB - how do you know that you're booked on the Courage? Did ASK MINI tell you that or did you find something online?

Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
crishchun
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GreenRacer
BB - how do you know that you're booked on the Courage? Did ASK MINI tell you that or did you find something online?
Track by VIN:
1. http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do
2. click "Auto Cargo"
3. Enter VIN

Ship schedules:
1. http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...countryList.do
2. Select UK and USA for Origin and Destination Country, respectively
3. Select Southampton and New York/Charleston/Port Hueneme for Origin and Destination Port, respectively (you can modify the dates)

Old 07-14-2006, 08:24 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Ah ha - thanks Christian.

My VIN doesn't get a hit when I try the auto cargo search - presumably because it's not at the port yet. I guess I should hold off on checking it until tonight or tomorrow morning lest I go insane for the clicking...

Old 07-14-2006, 08:32 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
i'm booked on the courage too!!! wahoo!!! i can't wait, this is gonna be the longest two to three weeks of my life... ship > dealership

Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also check the RoRo option when entering your VIN number. Most of the auto carriers are RoRo vessels. RoRo = Roll On, Roll Off.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 AM
NT-PhiL
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gromit801
We can get a 3 bedroom, two bath house, 2 car garage, on an acre, for like 160k. My wife can easily transfer her job to Vegas, 50 miles away. Easier commute then she has now. Still close enought to enjoy the things we love about our home state.

Also, the Vegas region of SCCA are bunch of nutballs... we'll fit right in.
o...m...g... i know housing is possible in states outside of california (I would think Arizona), but Pahrump NV housing sounds like a bargain after listening to a regular house price of half million upwards...

I'd miss the beach after a while tho...

Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
NT-PhiL
1st Gear
Yikes, all these times entering in my VIN to check, i'll probably have it memorized by the time my car gets here!

Old 07-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Phil, I know what you mean about beaches. We will seriously miss Red Rock Beach in Marin County. We even had a Celtic Handfasting there to renew our vows last year (Got some great pics of that). But, it will make coming for a visit that much more special. There are a couple of lakes in the area where we're going, and it's not too far to the eastern slope of the Sierra's.

Laguna Seca will be farther away, but these really are little things compared to being able to own a home. Now, most of the homes in the range I quoted, are manufactured or modular homes. Made of wood like "normal" homes, and have the ability to be remodeled or added onto in any way you might want.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Law Talking Guy
Neutral
Like most of you, I've been calling Ask Mini religiously, but some of their info doesn't seem to sync. Can anybody tell me if these folks are dead on or just have a standard line to give?

For example, when I ask about the timeline after completion, they tell me that my Mini will probably sit for a week at the dock, three weeks on a boat, and then a week at the VDC before it even leaves for my dealer. I assume this info is for our Left Coast brethren and sistren, but when I tell them I'm from the East Coast they tell me it's the same deal. Given as some of you have had waits as short as less than a day, any insight?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2006, 01:52 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear

My mini did not make it to the port today.

It is finished, but still in the factory. Looks like my chances of getting on the Courage are slim at best. Hopefully it'll get onto the Manon on Tuesday.

And aside from the 3 extra days that I'll have to wait, I won't be able to mention the name of my ship since my boss is already teasing me mercilessly about getting a mini in the first place. If I tell him it's on the Manon he might lose it.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:05 PM
crishchun
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GreenRacer

My mini did not make it to the port today.

It is finished, but still in the factory. Looks like my chances of getting on the Courage are slim at best. Hopefully it'll get onto the Manon on Tuesday.

And aside from the 3 extra days that I'll have to wait, I won't be able to mention the name of my ship since my boss is already teasing me mercilessly about getting a mini in the first place. If I tell him it's on the Manon he might lose it.
Don't give your hopes up already! Check http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp and see what time it's scheduled to depart (still listed in Arrivals). Maybe the Courage will leave late at night and you may sneak in? Mine arrived early morning 7/11 and was loaded onto the Trinidad--which departed later that night.

Keep checking!

EDIT: It's listed with a 20:00 local time departure--which I believe is 2:00 PM EST?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by crishchun
Blue baby: you may be booked, but keep checking to ensure your status says "LOADED ON VESSEL" on the day of Courage's departure.
Just when I thought I was done biting my nails...

Old 07-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nbame786
i'm booked on the courage too!!! wahoo!!! i can't wait, this is gonna be the longest two to three weeks of my life... ship > dealership
nbame, our cars will be twins on the Courage (dockworkers willing)! Both HB/W--do you have bonnet stripes, too? Maybe they'll get adjoining lounge chairs...

Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
EDIT: It's listed with a 20:00 local time departure--which I believe is 2:00 PM EST?
Sweet - I didn't even think of that. I'll be down in CT all day but I can check it when I get home. Wish me luck!

Oh, and we're on EDT now, so it'd be 3 pm local time.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:38 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
haha yes it has bonnet stripes, i hope mine's polite! white top white bonnet stripes, hyber blue, all three packages, hyper blue interior, navigation... rear foglight.... those are the options, so i have no buttons in the middle that don't work! i am in search of a kit for the phone button to work with my palm treo 650 so everything is fully functional... oh by the way anyone here get a mini alarm? i want to order the parts and install it myself but don't wanna pay the $400 price. as many official mini options as I can, alarm is important but if anyone has let me know! i cannot wait for this thing to arrive!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:18 PM
ABC Ya
1st Gear
nbame and blue baby,

I have a question for you. When did Ask Mini say that your car would be done being produced and when did you order your car ? When I called, they told me that my car would be done today the 15th and I am wondering about the likelihood of it getting on a boat soon to the east coast. Thanks for your help

Old 07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I wish Ask Mini would track the cars right onto the ship, we we could at least get a good answer about what ship we're on. The alternate tracking is kind of lame.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ABC Ya
nbame and blue baby,

I have a question for you. When did Ask Mini say that your car would be done being produced and when did you order your car ? When I called, they told me that my car would be done today the 15th and I am wondering about the likelihood of it getting on a boat soon to the east coast. Thanks for your help
I ordered my car 6/11, but ASK MINI says it was ordered 6/19. Dealer allocation issues, maybe? Not sure when it went into production--my MA said July 3, but ASK MINI said July 10th. Birthday was July 12th. I added Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, bonnet stripes, DSC, LSD, front and rear fogs...2 days could do it.

It just showed up in WW's cargo list this morning, but I think it got to port Wednesday night. From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Courage is a slim possibility, and you should have no problem getting on the Manon on Tuesday (assuming East coast--which coast are you on?). Anyone else want to chime in?

Good luck!

Old 07-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
GreenRacer, I see you're in my neck of the woods. Did you order from Herb Chambers or Mini of Peabody? If you make it on the Courage, we may see each other at pickup! I ordered from Herb (MA is Robby).

Old 07-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
So, the Courage was due to sail a few hours ago, but all the WW site says is that my car is booked on the Courage, not loaded. I look at the Courage listing, and it's got 214 cars listed as booked, with none listed as loaded. Anyone know what that's all about, or where I can find more info? I wonder if they don't update frequently enough, or if there's a way to confirm whether the Courage sailed as expected?

I checked the http://www.sailwx.info/ site, but the last report from the Courage on that site was on June 30th.

I don't have any nails left to bite--anyone know what's going on?

Old 07-15-2006, 04:19 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
GreenRacer, I see you're in my neck of the woods. Did you order from Herb Chambers or Mini of Peabody? If you make it on the Courage, we may see each other at pickup! I ordered from Herb (MA is Robby).
I did order from Herb - my MA is Ian. Unfortunately, I get "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered" when I put my VIN into the WW system. I tried both Auto cargo and RoRo cargo. So I guess I'll be on the Manon.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:50 PM
crishchun
2nd Gear
So, the Courage was due to sail a few hours ago, but all the WW site says is that my car is booked on the Courage, not loaded. I look at the Courage listing, and it's got 214 cars listed as booked, with none listed as loaded. Anyone know what that's all about, or where I can find more info? I wonder if they don't update frequently enough, or if there's a way to confirm whether the Courage sailed as expected?

I checked the http://www.sailwx.info/ site, but the last report from the Courage on that site was on June 30th.

I don't have any nails left to bite--anyone know what's going on?
That's weird that none of the cars were listed as loaded. Maybe there's a delay in the update? But to answer your question, it looks like the Courage has left Southampton--according to aislive.com.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4859/couragebf9.gif (07/15/06 19:51 EDT)

Keep checking..

Old 07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
That's weird that none of the cars were listed as loaded. Maybe there's a delay in the update? But to answer your question, it looks like the Courage has left Southampton--according to aislive.com.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4859/couragebf9.gif (07/15/06 19:51 EDT)

Keep checking..
Hrm--don't know whether that's a good thing yet! But thank you so much for checking it and posting!

Also rechecked the instructions from the Week 27 post, and it says to see what other cars are on a ship by the bill of lading number. Weird thing is that the bill of lading number is blank. I used the booking number, and all the other cars that came up had blank bill of lading #s too...

Anyone else on the Courage (or who thinks they're supposed to be on the Courage) have more info?

Maybe I should just stop logging on for a few days...like that's going to happen...

Old 07-16-2006, 12:39 PM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Well, the OL now says my mini is "awaiting transport" - which is an update from last night when it was still listed as "scheduled for production" - so I think it's safe to say that I'm not on the Courage.

How are you guys finding bill of lading numbers? Is that info included with the search results if your VIN is in the WW system?

Quick Reply: Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group