1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:57 PM
HPUdrew
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Blue baby, I am confused on how you are seeing so much about your car, as well as other cars that are booked for Courage. Any insight on this? Mine was built at the exact same time as yours and made it to the docks on the 12th, but has not shown up at all when I enter my VIN on the site for auto cargo or roro... I was really hoping to make it onto the Resolve, which went from Southampton direct to Charleston today, but I am guessing I missed it. :-/

Drew

Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Beauregard
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenRacer
Well, the OL now says my mini is "awaiting transport" - which is an update from last night when it was still listed as "scheduled for production" - so I think it's safe to say that I'm not on the Courage.

How are you guys finding bill of lading numbers? Is that info included with the search results if your VIN is in the WW system?
GreenRacer, you just need the booking number to see the other MINIs booked/loaded on the ship. You don't need the bill of lading number.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
How do you get the booking number?

Old 07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Beauregard
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gromit801
How do you get the booking number?
When you look up your status on the WW site using your VIN it appears just under the VIN on the Cargo History Status page that shows the vessel, etc.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:44 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by HPUdrew
Hey Blue baby, I am confused on how you are seeing so much about your car, as well as other cars that are booked for Courage. Any insight on this? Mine was built at the exact same time as yours and made it to the docks on the 12th, but has not shown up at all when I enter my VIN on the site for auto cargo or roro... I was really hoping to make it onto the Resolve, which went from Southampton direct to Charleston today, but I am guessing I missed it. :-/

Drew
Drew, check again today.

Mine just got updated since last night--now shows loaded on vessel on 15/7 (7/15 for us colonists) at 18:39. A nice hour and 21 minutes to spare before the Courage sailed. Woo hoo!

So, it took 2 days to update their computers, meaning it's worth another try. I checked to see if the Resolve was perhaps not a WW ship, but it is, so your info _should_ show up on that site eventually. It's still possible you made it on the Resolve.

Anyone see that episode of the Simpsons back in the day when Homer is microwaving something and says (and I'm estimating on the number; don't remember exactly), "2 minutes?! But I want it _now_!" Amazing how impatient technology's enabled me to get!

Old 07-17-2006, 05:33 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blue baby
Anyone see that episode of the Simpsons back in the day when Homer is microwaving something and says (and I'm estimating on the number; don't remember exactly), "2 minutes?! But I want it _now_!" Amazing how impatient technology's enabled me to get!
I think they made that joke a few times - my favorite one was when Moe changed the bar to a family restaurant and got a fryer from the military. "It can flash fry a buffalo in 3 seconds"

"3 seconds? But I want it now!"

lol

And GreenRacer (the mini) is now officially booked on the Manon set for departure tomorrow. Woo-hoo!

Old 07-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Blue baby
3rd Gear
Re: the buffalo:

GreenRacer and any other Boston-ites lurking here:

Are you going to the MAMA (Monadnock Area MINI owners association or some such) blueberries and BBQ on the 29th?

I posted on MINI2 saying I wouldn't have my MINI yet, and asked if going in my husband's Jeep Wrangler counted as a sacrilege. The leader (Actual Size--nice name!) posted back saying "Expectant mothers are always welcome."

Haven't been to a MINI gathering yet--might be fun to pick blueberries and see what a MINI event is like...

Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
I'm going to be at the Sox game on the 29th - so I won't be there. But I don't think that I'd have gone anyway. The way I figure it, I should have my mini the first week of August, going to a Mini event would be torture with mine so close but still not in my possession.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:03 AM
HPUdrew
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Blue baby
Drew, check again today.

Mine just got updated since last night--now shows loaded on vessel on 15/7 (7/15 for us colonists) at 18:39. A nice hour and 21 minutes to spare before the Courage sailed. Woo hoo!

So, it took 2 days to update their computers, meaning it's worth another try. I checked to see if the Resolve was perhaps not a WW ship, but it is, so your info _should_ show up on that site eventually. It's still possible you made it on the Resolve.

Hey, thanks for the update on this. I just checked and it still hasn't updated, but since yours took two days maybe mine will too. I am one of those people that don't like situations when they have no control, like riding with someone who can't drive, or being in an airplane, or waiting impatiently for my Mini to come home! I'm trying to be more patient though, but it isn't easy. I think NAM and Tarheel Minis have been as much of a punishment as a blessing while I have been waiting!

Drew

Old 07-17-2006, 06:15 AM
mitchman
5th Gear
Hmmmmm......our car has been "awaiting transport" for 12 days now.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:36 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mitchman
Hmmmmm......our car has been "awaiting transport" for 12 days now.
West coast wait times seem to be much longer. If you look through some of the other production week threads you might get a better idea of the average time to get on a ship. Because there's only the 1 west coast port that they ship to, there are many more minis waiting in line.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 AM
crishchun
2nd Gear
West coast wait times seem to be much longer. If you look through some of the other production week threads you might get a better idea of the average time to get on a ship. Because there's only the 1 west coast port that they ship to, there are many more minis waiting in line.
Yes, that is true. Take a look at my stats spreadsheet in my sig and notice that the average wait time for a vessel to NY or SC is 2-4 days after production completion. I have yet to receive shipping info from the West coast buyers.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I still keep entering my VIN, and getting nowt. Do they use the entire 17 digit VIN?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 AM
crishchun
2nd Gear
I still keep entering my VIN, and getting nowt. Do they use the entire 17 digit VIN?
Yes.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:06 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
my car was loaded on the courage which shipped out.... i need to sell my celica really fast!!! my mini's almost here!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I see the Medea is at Southampton. If Gromit didn't mnake it on the Madame Butterfly, he's GOT to make it onto the Medea.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
I see the Medea is at Southampton. If Gromit didn't mnake it on the Madame Butterfly, he's GOT to make it onto the Medea.
Hey gromit801,

I'm one of the West Coast PW27 people. I was thinking the same as you, if not the M. Butterfly then a MUST for the Medea. Unfortunately she sails in less than 3 hours.

I am getting NO info from the WW site with my VIN. I've been at Southampton since 7/7. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I feel the pain Red.

Gromit's been on the docks since the 10th or 11th..

Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
GreenRacer
2nd Gear
From what I understand from reading the other production week threads, often times minis going to the west coast are shipped using another carrier than WW. I can't recall off the top of my head what the name of it is (NK something) and they don't have the best online tracking tools. Not that this is going to be particularly helpful with the waiting mind, but more info can't hurt, right?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
From what I understand from reading the other production week threads, often times minis going to the west coast are shipped using another carrier than WW. I can't recall off the top of my head what the name of it is (NK something) and they don't have the best online tracking tools. Not that this is going to be particularly helpful with the waiting mind, but more info can't hurt, right?
Its called NYK. I was told if your MINI ships with them, your MA should be able to give you a Bill of Lading # and that you can call and track, but not online.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
There haven't been any NYK car carriers in Southampton this month. Two WW ships have scheduled through, with a destination of Port Hueneme: Madame Butterfly and Medea.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:03 AM
MiniMargie
4th Gear
ours is showing as shipped.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
My Mary has been on the dock since the 12th (finished 7/11). Still no update in the WW system either!

Old 07-17-2006, 11:52 AM
astrochex
6th Gear
There haven't been any NYK car carriers in Southampton this month. Two WW ships have scheduled through, with a destination of Port Hueneme: Madame Butterfly and Medea.
My PW 27 car shipped on the 16th on an NYK vessel (AUTO BANNER). Destination is Port Hueneme, ETA August 9.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by astrochex
My PW 27 car shipped on the 16th on an NYK vessel (AUTO BANNER). Destination is Port Hueneme, ETA August 9.
WHAT! You mean something I read on the internet simply wasn't true?

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Quick Reply: Production Week 28 (July 10) Support Group