1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

premium customer care fizzles after deposit left?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 PM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
premium customer care fizzles after deposit left?

Ok, So its been 11 days since my last visit to the dealership. Deposit left for the car and two unanswered emails inquiring on my car order status.

Today i figure I'd try again and sure enough, i get a response with a build number and instructions to log into miniusa to track my vehicle.

So far so good...

It looks like i am on step two "Scheduled for Production"...

I suppose I am now in a position to check back from time to time with miniusa.com for a status...

How have many of you acquired an actual build date for your cars? Is this offered on the site or do you have to contact your Motoring advisor ?

Thanks,
AC

Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
gr8britwjh
4th Gear
It's much quicker to get build update info by telephoning rather than using the Owner's Lounge on miniusa.com (which is infamously slow to update and doesn't necessarily reveal all the details of the cars's specs which freaks people out sometimes). Sorry, I can't recall the number, but I'm sure a quick search on here will reveal it.

Your MA should be able to provide a tentative build date for your order (they usually have these well in advance and simply pencil you in for a vacant slot).

Old 06-05-2006, 06:39 PM
bolus
4th Gear
The owner's lounge tends to lag quite a bit. ASK MINI (1-866-ask-mini) is the most up to date info. Put that on speed dial. The automated response gives basic info and you can talk to a real person and get more detailed information.

ASK MINI will have your build date first (perhaps right now even)