1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New & need help in San Jose, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Lanetta
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New & need help in San Jose, CA

I am very interested in purchasing a used MC or MCS. Money is an issue, so I have to buy used. I really need to know if it is a bad idea to buy a mini with over 45,000 miles. Should I stay away from the 2002 year, they seem to be the ones most often for sale? I also see quite a few 2003s for sale as well. I am just trying to get the best deal for the best car. I am interested if anyone here in San Jose or somewhere in the Bay Area has a mechanic or shop that only or mostly works on Minis. I need to get someone to look over the car that I intend to buy whenever I find it. Then once I buy one, I will probably use that person for my work in the future.

How good is the navigation system? Any problem with the automatics? What features are best and make the car more enjoyable? Does the double sunroof let too much sun in at times? Just curious about a lot of things and mainly want people to let me know the things to stay away from and look out for when buying used or things to be sure to get.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.