1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anthracite header?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthracite header?

I'm going to be ordering my MINI tomorrow! I've finalized everything but I see that the Anthracite Header is a popular option.

A matter of taste and/or function? Input please?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
3 reasons to get it:

1. It is made with higher quality materials.
2. The darker color will not show as much dirt
3. Depending on the other color choice of you car, it migh tlook better. I have a HB/B MCS With Blue and black leather. The light gray would look out of place.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
OK. Well, I'm getting a MCS, CR/B, Tartan Red/Black Leather, Silver Int. Surface. Didn't like the anthracite interior. So, I guess it IS a matter of taste. Seems like it might be too dark for me. Thanks for the input!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:07 AM
herozup
3rd Gear
I ordered it because it matches the color of dash and doors. Getting the windows tinted and I wanted it to be dark inside.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:13 AM
polizei
6th Gear
Go for it. Not only does it look nicer, it also has the grab bars for your....passengers!

I don't have it on my MINI, because I bought it used. I do wish I had it though, along with everything else Anthracite..... Stupid Silver.
-Cody

Old 06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
OK. Well, I'm getting a MCS, CR/B, Tartan Red/Black Leather, Silver Int. Surface. Didn't like the anthracite interior. So, I guess it IS a matter of taste. Seems like it might be too dark for me. Thanks for the input!
I have an MCS almost identical to yours (mine has CR dash/door trim and the chrome line interior tho) and the anthracite headliner looks absolutely killer in a classy sort of way (lots of positive comments), it goes well with the red and the black. The other h'liner color would simply clash with these colors. If you want to see pics go to my website that seriously needs updating:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sequence/

Good luck! Jimbo

Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
It's really a matter of personal taste. I have the anthracite headline because when I was deciding the final details for my car, before placing my order, I went to the dealer and looked at different exterior colors, wheels, roofs, seats, dashes, etc. I hadn't really thought much about the headliner but when I saw two cars sitting side by side one with the anthracite and the other with the light colored headliner the choice was pretty simple, the anthracite looked that much better.

Ron

Old 06-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Hmmmm....good input...now I'm second guessing silver int. with standard headliner.

Seems like anthracite headliner and interior might be a good way to go? Thought I was headed more towards sporty but really I think classy is the look that fits my MINI.

What say you?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:00 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
Seems like anthracite headliner and interior might be a good way to go? What say you?
I have the alloy patina dash and black leathette seats with the anthracite headliner. When I placed my order, my MA commented that most people that opted for the anthracite headliner also got the anthracite interior. I stayed with the alloy patina dash and am glad I did. It looks great IMO.

Ron

Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 AM
polizei
6th Gear
See, I'm the opposite. I have the Alloy Patina trim and I would rather have the Anthracite trim.

-Cody

Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Odas Koger
1st Gear
Hi,
I'm new here. First post. Ordered a CR MCS w/black top and red and black interior on 29MAY06. I previously drove a (red) 1990 BMW 325iS for several years. (Sad story for my car and for the deer on 19MAY06.) LOVED that car. The interior was very German: simple, functional, no-nonsense. Although my unquestionable choice (love at first drive!) as a successor, the MCS is a different creature in terms of interior materials and very un-German nostalgic qurkiness. My wife and I did not care for the swirly grey plastic dash--or the hard plastic used inside in general. The grey headliner did not help out. It seems too light both in color and in thickness and it has no texture. Once we saw the anthracite headliner side by side with the grey headliner, there was no question about ordering the anthracite. The anthracite headliner, along with the red interior dash and doors (which we also saw in real life) do a lot to make the interior seem more solid, to give it visual weight,etc. Took nothing away from the sportiness and did not ladle undesired "class" on the car; only added to the feeling of being inside a solid and very special automobile. (Also, as already noted in the thread, the anthracite headliner will be much easier to keep clean.) Recommend that you do a on-site comparison yourself--for every element of the car that you can make possiblydecisions on, because the proof is in the pudding . . . !

Old 06-07-2006, 12:38 PM
go_mini_go
3rd Gear
Darn near everyone who has sat in my car (other MINI owners at Driver's schools) looks at the Anthracite headliner and says "I wish I would have ordered that!". 'nuff said.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
gekko
3rd Gear
I had silver on the spec sheet for a while but at the last second changed it to anthracite to go with the black leather and dash. Very glad I did. Very classy. Gives the interior more of a cockpit feel. MINI's are already eyecatching on the outside. Inside I like the eye-catching stuff to be the instruments.