1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MINI got lots of attention on MySpace

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Guinness76
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MINI got lots of attention on MySpace

Hi everyone,
Just picked up my brand-new HB/W MCS on April 29th, and I have been having a blast ever since. I haven't enjoyed driving a car this much since I had my '84 RX-7 many moons ago. My understanding is that newbies are highly encouraged to post pics of their cars, so there are a few in my gallery. A couple of weeks after I picked up the car, I started a MySpace site. For my title picture, I used a pic of me, my girlfriend and my new car at the MINI dealer on delivery day. Lo and behold, within days I got over 800 friend requests! Apparently the car pic made it onto the "Cool new people" page, and a fair number of people really like MINIs on MySpace.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
MySpace

Okay Guiness, I am trying it out, because I have like no MySpace friends. I just posted a picture of when we went to pickup Checker Mini. I included one with my friend in it in case that is a popularity factor. She and her Mini are better looking than my Mini and I. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mini.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Annewithane
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guinness76
Hi everyone,
Just picked up my brand-new HB/W MCS on April 29th, and I have been having a blast ever since. I haven't enjoyed driving a car this much since I had my '84 RX-7 many moons ago. My understanding is that newbies are highly encouraged to post pics of their cars, so there are a few in my gallery. A couple of weeks after I picked up the car, I started a MySpace site. For my title picture, I used a pic of me, my girlfriend and my new car at the MINI dealer on delivery day. Lo and behold, within days I got over 800 friend requests! Apparently the car pic made it onto the "Cool new people" page, and a fair number of people really like MINIs on MySpace.
Can you post your MySpace picture in this thread or in your gallery? Would love to see it.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
polizei
6th Gear
Myspace :thumbdown:

MINI looks good though!
-Cody

Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
myspace... the hunting ground for child molesters and pediphiles :(

Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
ybavg
3rd Gear
Congrats! Nice MINI!

Old 06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Guinness76
1st Gear
I know that there are a lot of goofballs and weirdos on MySpace. but it is an easy way to communicate with people you know. For example, my girlfriend and I got engaged last Monday and she was able to post a MySpace bulletin about all the details of the engagement, how it happened, etc. BTW I did post the pic that was my MySpace title page in my gallery. Pretty girl and a pretty car...I am a lucky man

Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 PM
HyperKid
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by acitydweller
myspace... the hunting ground for child molesters and pediphiles :(
You shouldn't let a few popular news stories bring down the other millions of people who use this site. It's a great way to connect people with similar interests, promote new musicians (since that's why it was started) and to reunite people from your past. Just like we have NAM, other people have Myspace or similar sites. I'm sure there's a few bad apples on all sites, thats the nature of the internet.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:12 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HyperKid
You shouldn't let a few popular news stories bring down the other millions of people who use this site. It's a great way to connect people with similar interests, promote new musicians (since that's why it was started) and to reunite people from your past. Just like we have NAM, other people have Myspace or similar sites. I'm sure there's a few bad apples on all sites, thats the nature of the internet.
+1.

Grade schools are also hunting ground for pediphiles, are you against those as well? Maybe we should just keep the children locked in doors at all time without communication to the outside world. Then they would be safe.

MINIs = fun for some
MySpace = fun for some

to both

Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
+2 on the HyperKid quote

Hi Guinness & welcome to NAM. Nice lookin Mini

Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
There are lots of Mini people on MySpace. NAM had a long thread where people posted their MySpace links. I'm on MySpace. Sheesh. Anyway I heard big cities were dangerous.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MCLeonard
Sheesh. Anyway I heard big cities were dangerous.
Dont run with scissors either. Woah, we are getting a little off topic. Yes, welcome, and maybe I will have to get a MINITOR pic on MySpace as well. All 3 of my dogs have MySpace profiles already, so why not.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
welcome...