1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Bay Mini.. only 2 allocations left!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
daleb
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Bay Mini.. only 2 allocations left!

And now only one!

I bit the bullet today! Called East Bay Mini (Pleasanton, CA) and placed my order. They do require 1K deposit (fully refundable) but are MSRP on the price.

I ordered based on my personal 'likes' as well as considering my locale where I would be driving a lot of country roads, less than an hour from mountains and lakes, and 2 hrs from the ocean. Also, a valley with some serious fog at certain times of the year.

EBM will be mailing me all the particulars.

MCS, Blk/white, DSC, Front Fogs, Xenons, Rear Fog lamp, LSD, garage dr. opener, cruise w/wheel controls, HK Audio, Cloth seats.

About a $200 diff not getting the Sport Pkg but I wanted to keep the 16" wheels.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice car daleb & welcome to NAM.

MCS, Blk/white, DSC, Front Fogs, Xenons, Rear Fog lamp, LSD, garage dr. opener, cruise w/wheel controls, HK Audio, Cloth seats.

About a $200 diff not getting the Sport Pkg but I wanted to keep the 16" wheels.
Good move staying with the 16 inch wheels.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends if you want DSC or not. I took the sport package and sold the wheels/tires and replaced it a set of Kosei TS-1. Now it wears SSR GT1 with GY F1 D3.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM
daleb
1st Gear
Originally Posted by meanboy
It depends if you want DSC or not. I took the sport package and sold the wheels/tires and replaced it a set of Kosei TS-1. Now it wears SSR GT1 with GY F1 D3.
I can appreciate that. I toyed with it back and forth and then just flipped a coin. I am sure once I'm in the cockpit I will be finding things to change as time goes on.
My wife is not the nut I am, and will not be driving it much. But if she does I feel better with the DSC. She is quite mild around cars, but has her moments I'm sure.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
I wasn't sure if you were buying the DSC as an option so I mentioned the sport package because it includeed DSC.

EBM is a great place to buy your MINI. Did you use Eddy or ?

Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
I thought East Bay MINI had a long wait list ...

How can they have open MCS allocations?

Old 06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
I wasn't sure if you were buying the DSC as an option so I mentioned the sport package because it includeed DSC.

EBM is a great place to buy your MINI. Did you use Eddy or ?
Eddy is long gone, I was told that he's now pushing Benz @ another dealership. I ordered my 2nd MINI from EBM 4 weeks ago for the wife she can't wait to get motoring

Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
neuralstatic
2nd Gear
i'm not sure how all the purchase turn around works, so this is interesting to me.

i ordered my MINI from south bay MINI a week ago.. i'm told i can get a production number (? i think that's the term), in about 4 more weeks (5 weeks after deposit). how much longer is it typically taking after that, to get delivery?

could i (in theory) pull my deposit, phone an order up to that or another dealer at a distance, then fly up to drive it back home a lot quicker than the turn around i'm looking at now?

each day waiting kills me a litle bit.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
daleb
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIAC
I thought East Bay MINI had a long wait list ...

How can they have open MCS allocations?
I can only tell you what they told me. This is what I DON'T like about being 150 miles from the nearest dealership, although I guess their rep is good.
Sorry, it was a lady but I did not write her name down. She is probably half way to mexico now with my visa #

..guess I'll know if they have an ad for a new receptionist next week

more details when I get my papers.

meanboy: Actually, I thought that's what you meant the first time. I did 4 'work sheets' over the last 3 days before settling on the options. I wanted to keep it lean but essential. Very personalized. Absolutely no accessories I could install myself later.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:36 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yumhaggis
Eddy is long gone, I was told that he's now pushing Benz @ another dealership. I ordered my 2nd MINI from EBM 4 weeks ago for the wife she can't wait to get motoring
Wow, Eddy moved on. Good for him.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
Wow, Eddy moved on. Good for him.
Yeah, that's what I was told, I'll miss him he was a great guy to talk with & he understood the cars & the people who bought them.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
UsCoops
4th Gear
Originally Posted by neuralstatic
i'm not sure how all the purchase turn around works, so this is interesting to me.

i ordered my MINI from south bay MINI a week ago.. i'm told i can get a production number (? i think that's the term), in about 4 more weeks (5 weeks after deposit). how much longer is it typically taking after that, to get delivery?

could i (in theory) pull my deposit, phone an order up to that or another dealer at a distance, then fly up to drive it back home a lot quicker than the turn around i'm looking at now?

each day waiting kills me a litle bit.
That's what I did... I'm in AZ but have family in Denver that I visit regularly, so saved myself 2 months wait time by ordering there... so far, so good - my car will be in Denver before I would have even got a production number here in AZ!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
MiniChik
4th Gear
East Bay used to have a very long wait but it's now more reasonable. My understanding is South Bay is the fastest followed by Long Beach then East Bay. I chose South Bay even though EB is closer to me. I didn't want as long of a wait. I was considering going out of state but would rather have options than pay for shipping or extra fees.

Neuralstatic, I ordered mine from SB 4.5 weeks ago and am expecting my number any day. The wait does get better.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 PM
sfmini
Neutral
I ordered my MCS from EB MINI in March. I got a production number end of May. Now, from what I can gather it's on it's way across the pond as I write. It took longer than any other local dealer, but understand they are the only local dealer in the SF bay area that sells for MSRP. My 2004 MC came from MINI of San Francisco at a huge markup. I swore never again. I'm totally fine with waiting a while to save a ton of cash.

MCS SB/SB, chrome line ext, premium, sport, cold weather + convience, rear fog, chrome line int.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yumhaggis
Yeah, that's what I was told, I'll miss him he was a great guy to talk with & he understood the cars & the people who bought them.
He was a car guy. I remembered he had a Corrado. There aren't very many of them around. Bummer my e-mail address I used to communicate with him is inaccessible. Who knows, I might want a MBZ one day.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:58 AM
leda
Neutral
I couldn't wait, I don't know how you do it. Once I decided to get a mini, I bought one used.

Ahhh, instant mini gratification.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:30 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EB MINI rocks! A friend of mine who lives in Folsom skipped Niello because of their markups and general snooty attitude, whereas she had to wait a bit longer at EB but they treat her like a human being. Good luck Jimbo

Old 06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
daleb
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
EB MINI rocks! A friend of mine who lives in Folsom skipped Niello because of their markups and general snooty attitude, whereas she had to wait a bit longer at EB but they treat her like a human being. Good luck Jimbo
Thanks! Too bad about Niello.. we almost bought our MDX there..they were letting them go at MSRP back in 2002 when they were scarce.
The most positives I hear are from EB and Long Beach. Of course, they likely have the longest waiting lists too. But I am in no hurry. By the time I get my MCS I will probably be able to disassemble and reassemble it part by part from what I'm learning on this forum. You guys are great!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 AM
jeff88
Neutral
cool