1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed my build, dealer, got a July prod number.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Crusoe
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changed my build, dealer, got a July prod number.

I dropped getting a PW MC Checkmate with essentially Prem, CW, and Nav. Felt it was too flashy for my utilitarian mentality. ...And a quite a bit more expensive.
Went with a PW/PW MC Premium, Conv Pkg, Delta Spokes, DSC, Sport Seats with Cloth, Front and Rear Fogs, and Chrome Interior. This car in going to be our daily commuter in Seattle and my weekend toy.
All in all it was the toughest purchase of anything I've ever bought. I really want about 5 different MINIs. Color was hard for me to pick and resisting a MCS, though I orignally spec'd a PW months ago. Liked HB and BRG alot as well and yesterday saw a Solar Red/S for the first time in the flesh, such a nice color combo though I normally wouldn't consider red. It was total madness till the last second.
Now I'm totally calm. I switched from my local dealer who wouldn't waive a "market adjustment" to MINI of Murry in SLC, UT. It's going to be a nice weekend trip to visit my friends in Boise and McCall ID. Looks like late August delivery, just in time for labor day weekend vs a mid-October delivery local.
Pepe is finally a reality and now I can concentrate on all the work I've neglected.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 PM
tethernaut
2nd Gear
I too am a Seattleite buying from MofM. I'd have been ok paying a little over MSRP to buy it local from NW Mini, but they quoted me a 12 month wait... I couldn't deal with that. So I ordered from Murray, and my mini should be completed this Saturday!

I've done the straight-shot drive from SLC to SEA a few times before (84 to 90... yawn), and I'm thinking of trying to find a twistier way home!

Old 06-29-2006, 10:09 PM
miniprof
4th Gear
I too am going through MINI of Murray, but I live here so it was an easy choice! They've been great to work with. I placed my order June 2nd and should have my car within the next 10 days or so.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It is good to read that Murray is still such a great dealership! They've been a good dealership since 2002. Congrats to all of you waiting for your new MINIs!