1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tobias.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Monk Edsel
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tobias.

Well, I have had my Mini for one week today, and I love it. I love everything about it. Pretty much.

It is a 2002 Jet Black Mini Cooper. Everything is black. It has the 14" 7-hole wheels. I am pretty sure it has the 1# and 3# Packages. Is there anyway to know for sure? Sunroof. No navi. No traction control. 6 Disc Changer. Automatic Climate Control. Multi-function wheel. Automatic. Two tone tan and black interior, good lawd. On Board Computer. Fog Lights. All the chrome bits on the exterior.

I paid $15,900. 53,500 miles. Is that good?

Small things wrong with it. I had to pop the trim around the front sunroof into place, as well both seatbacks. One of the clips on the plastic piece ringing the driver's side door handle and tweeter is broken, so the piece doesn't stay flush. Does anyone know where a replacement can be had?

The shift boot is torn from the ring that holds it down.

The leather on the driver's seat is wearing along the seam.

The silver paint on the driver's side door handle has all rubbed off.

The bonnet is full of paintchips. As well as the windscreen, full of tiny chips, rather horrible to look through actually.

The roof is full of little dings. Really weird.

When I picked it up, a headlight bulb was burnt out. I had to wait until Monday to get it replaced. I waited too long once Monday had come and decided to bite the bullet and get a set of Silverstars and replace them myself, which I did. They look really nice. Hell to switch in though.

But! Overall the the car is superb! I discovered Sport Mode and with it engaged, I really could not be more pleased, the car behaves just the way I want it to. Just wonderful. I get chills when accelerating from a stop. Chills. I have always wanted to feel this way when driving, and I finally do. It's really exciting. Really gratifying actually. I look for excuses to take the car out for a drive. And I love to drive at night! With really awesome music and the sunroof open, all the gagues lit up. I feel so absolutely happy. I think this car is worth every penny.

I can pass other cars and switch lanes with such ease now. I never feel like I am taking a risk any more. My last (and first) car was a 1990 VW Passat wagon. I never felt like the car was up to much of anything. I was always afraid when merging. But this car, it's in a whole other league. It reminds me of using a Mac. Not that I am trying to promote it or anything, but the way I feel about it personally, is that it's an experience unto itself, more than the sum of its parts. You get a feeling. This car, I find, is the same way. It almost feels wrong to refer to it as merely a "car." It is so much more to me than that.

I named the car "Tobias." I've always liked that name. I decided if I was going to name the car, it needed a personality. I had to decide or determine was personality it had. With the all black exterior, and the chrome, and the tan and black interior, I decided he had to be a gentleman. But, you know, I have the black fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror. So, he had to be a little bit gangsta. Mischievous. Right? Heh. So, Tobias felt like a good name.

So, if anyone actually reads to this point, thanks for listening. I'm really glad to be here.