1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're as **** about your MINI as I am , you might want to check out the following two websites - http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/ - has webcams and other information on the Southampton docks, and http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...%20Southampton which show vessel information (you need to subscribe but it is free) and location.

The other two websites for tracking your baby, if you haven't picked it up from other posts, are http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do and http://www.sailwx.info/.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climbergirl — you're way to young to start worrying about gravity. I would just like to be able to literally bounce like that smiley. Remember when you could do cartwheels over and over across the lawn and it never even phased you? I tried a cartwheel the other day. Talk about humiliating. Now that was a reminder of the power of gravity!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:01 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Hehe, that's funny.

I teach gymnastics, but I no longer demonstrate!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Climbergirl — you're way to young to start worrying about gravity. I would just like to be able to literally bounce like that smiley. Remember when you could do cartwheels over and over across the lawn and it never even phased you? I tried a cartwheel the other day. Talk about humiliating. Now that was a reminder of the power of gravity!
You are going to make me try a cartwheel, aren't ya. Oh, wait I can't. My stupid arm. maybe I will go with the somersault. Hey, how do you spell somersault?

Boneman, did polly get into paint? Someone slowed the line down! I just entered the body shop today. My completion date is still Sept 4th. Apparently, they work 3 shifts 7 days a wk. ASK MINI will be closed on monday for the Holiday. Bummer. If you are going to talk to a live person, better do it today.

Ohh... for all of us who spoke with someone at ASKMINI who isn't quite so "helpful". Apparently, Ohio has a backup ASKMINI coverage. I spoke to Sal today... not helpful. I called Patrick up, and got the info I needed in a much nicer way. Has anyone spoken to Meg or Marty? I spoke to both. They both have much information to give about MINI's as they both own one. If you get them on the phone, pick their brain. I did.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Details...?

Hey, how do you get such details as the line slowing down? Do you have a live mini-cam in the shop?

Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Ohh... for all of us who spoke with someone at ASKMINI who isn't quite so "helpful". Apparently, Ohio has a backup ASKMINI coverage. I spoke to Sal today... not helpful. I called Patrick up, and got the info I needed in a much nicer way. Has anyone spoken to Meg or Marty? I spoke to both. They both have much information to give about MINI's as they both own one. If you get them on the phone, pick their brain. I did.
Too bad about Sal. He was very helpful to me the other day. Talked to Amy today- VERY nice and forthcoming. Before I could even ask for a status code she told me "not in the body shop yet." Then rattled off all the other info I already knew. Might have helped that she's a Space Blue fan.

Only person that obviously didn't want to give too much info so far has been Jeremy. Not rude, mind you, just not helpful in the way I'd want.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:28 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Hey, how do you get such details as the line slowing down? Do you have a live mini-cam in the shop?
based on my time line on 8/29 it was slotted to go into the body shop the next day. It didn't actually enter the body shop until today. It's 2 days late. But, it should still finish on the 4th. Technically it only takes 4 days to build. Sounds like to me it will be finished on the 5th instead of the 4th. Soo... there wont be much information available until tuesday. I hope that when I call then, it will say "awaiting transport".

See, the **** side of me keeps a sticky on my paper work. I have a running time line from date of order to today. Any new info is documented. Ok, so thats the RN in me! Document, document, document.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Merlin wishes to thank all of you for remembering his birthday . He is busy at the present moment getting ready for a little train ride to Southampton. My wife has agreed that the day after getting Merlin we are going to take him to Webb Motorsports for a 15% pulley and a new CAI. The 22mm rear sway bar may have to wait till his first birthday.
I bought Merlin through Ralph Schomp in Denver. What do you think my odds are of getting them to give me a free sunshade?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Talked to Amy today- VERY nice and forthcoming. Before I could even ask for a status code she told me "not in the body shop yet." Then rattled off all the other info I already knew. Might have helped that she's a Space Blue fan.
That's funny. Amy told me that she's a Dark Silver fan.

I literally just got off the phone with her. Indeed she is VERY nice and informative. Here's the status of my MCS:

August 25th conception (production)
August 31st clean up (body shop)
September 1st -- today -- dress up in clothes (paint shop)

She said that everything "is moving right along."

From reading the thread and talking to Amy, I surmise that there was a slow down period along the line somewhere, but that everything started early to begin with. And now they're back to speed.

See you all on the ship!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
That's funny. Amy told me that she's a Dark Silver fan.
That's too funny. Or course she can tell everyone that she likes their MINI's color for all I care as long as she's as helpful as she was today. (and it may even be true... I like most of the colors.)

Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by handn
That's too funny. Or course she can tell everyone that she likes their MINI's color for all I care as long as she's as helpful as she was today. (and it may even be true... I like most of the colors.)
To be fair to Amy, I was just kidding. She didn't say that. She did say that she likes margarittas on Fridays. In fact, that sounds good right about now!

What's everyone doing tonight while their cars are going through the birthing process?

Old 09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
To be fair to Amy, I was just kidding. She didn't say that. She did say that she likes margarittas on Fridays. In fact, that sounds good right about now!

What's everyone doing tonight while their cars are going through the birthing process?
Fumigating my stupid house! Wringing my SO neck because he doesn't want to help with fumigating the stupid house. He wants to install his new pipes on his RC51. That's not on the "to do" list. Soooo, maybe he can spend the night here, while I go to my friends house. He can hang out with our new house guests. MEN! What makes the XY think that just because God gave me ovaries and a uterus that all things pertaining to inside the house must be my responsibility? I think I would like to have a wife too! I am not a domesticated kitten!!

Hey speaking of, did anyone read the article in Forbes that said men shouldn't marry "career women"? And the definition of a career woman was any woman that made over 30K? I guess I am a super duper career woman. I think even my cleaning lady makes more than 30K.

Powerband, did you slow us up in the bodyshop? Kick it into gear baby! Someone hand me a marguarita please.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Climbergirl said I think I would like to have a wife too! I am not a domesticated kitten!!
Uh OH! Some male just got stupid. I'll bet he's standing around saying "Whaaat? What I do?" Then he will get confused when you say "That's the point. You didn't do anything." I think I'm going to go out right now and buy my wife some flowers. You know good karma for her conceding to my upcoming mods.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
There's a rather nice restaurant in Petaluma that is trying its wings at a DJ night tonight (has a potential dance floor) from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. They are going to specialize in music us boomers will resonate to, including some billboard top 40 and remixes. The "club" is called Deja Vu — The Return of Dance. That's where my "more helpful than most" husband and I are going to be — dancing our collective #%#es off!

Stick to your guns Climbergirl. It's all a matter of sensitivity training...

Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Yeah sensitivity training, like a smack up alongside his head.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Boneman, did polly get into paint? Someone slowed the line down! I just entered the body shop today. My completion date is still Sept 4th. Apparently, they work 3 shifts 7 days a wk. ASK MINI will be closed on monday for the Holiday. Bummer. If you are going to talk to a live person, better do it today.
Climbergirl, Polly is already at the docks waiting for transportation and waiting for you. So hurry up!!!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
based on my time line on 8/29 it was slotted to go into the body shop the next day. It didn't actually enter the body shop until today. It's 2 days late. But, it should still finish on the 4th. Technically it only takes 4 days to build. Sounds like to me it will be finished on the 5th instead of the 4th. Soo... there wont be much information available until tuesday. I hope that when I call then, it will say "awaiting transport".

See, the **** side of me keeps a sticky on my paper work. I have a running time line from date of order to today. Any new info is documented. Ok, so thats the RN in me! Document, document, document.
It took Polly 4 days to go from bodyshop to paintshop to passed to distributor to awaiting transportation. You have no worries. And I believe I called ASK MINI on either Saturday or Sunday last week, so you should be able to find out something b4 Tuesday.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Fumigating my stupid house! Wringing my SO neck because he doesn't want to help with fumigating the stupid house. He wants to install his new pipes on his RC51. That's not on the "to do" list. Soooo, maybe he can spend the night here, while I go to my friends house. He can hang out with our new house guests. MEN! What makes the XY think that just because God gave me ovaries and a uterus that all things pertaining to inside the house must be my responsibility? I think I would like to have a wife too! I am not a domesticated kitten!!

Hey speaking of, did anyone read the article in Forbes that said men shouldn't marry "career women"? And the definition of a career woman was any woman that made over 30K? I guess I am a super duper career woman. I think even my cleaning lady makes more than 30K.

Powerband, did you slow us up in the bodyshop? Kick it into gear baby! Someone hand me a marguarita please.
Sassy, yep, definitely Sassy

Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
It's almost 5:00 California time. Starting the blender soon. Will toast all y'all! Now that I know MINI works three shifts, I'm thinkin' we should toast them too! Do you know that even with the live Ask MINI assurance that my Minx is in her second day of production, the OL still says I'm at stage one (On Order.) It seems rather silly, don't ya think?:impatient

Old 09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Someone hand me a marguarita please.
OK, I give up, what's a Marguarita??? Possibly a cold frosty drink whipped up in Honduras?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
So, my SO came zipping home from work, and was very nice. He wanted to sit outside and discuss our plans for tonight. AKA fumigating vs pipe installation. Soo... the verdict is, we do some initial insect gel, he can install his pipes first while there is still daylight. We hire a professional to spray outside. He'll be here on tuesday and I worked a deal. Love workin a deal. Soo.. we are all happy. Well, he isn't happy that his "to do" list is longer than mine. But, hey, I have been off work. I complete my tasks on a daily basis.

Boneman, its powerbands fault, he is taking too long!!:impatient :impatient As for sassy... ok, yes, a little. I failed to mention that my 90 yr old grandfather refers to me as the mean one. What he really means is that I am rather fiesty like my mother and grandmother. On the flip side when he is giving his caretakers a hard time, they threaten him with me. In my advancing years, I have realized that I only say what everyone wishes they could say.

Kissmys, enjoy that drink and dancing. I love to dance. My favorite music to dance to is .... are ya'll ready?... Disco! Actually anything R&Bish. Although I love listening to all genre's. My ipod ranges from bluegrass to rap, 80's, 90's, 70's, motown, country, alternative, classic rock, metal, new age.. etc. Music for every mood.

Well, I am goina go kiss my man! Give him a hug for his tolorance! I may have to take it back if he doesn't help me later...

Old 09-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Giants9595
4th Gear
I called ASKMINI today and was told by a very nice lady that my car would go into production at sometime during Week 36 but most likely be finished on Sep 11, the first day of week 37. Does this make me one of you one or am I a 37er?

Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I think generally NAMers go by the "birthdate", or the date when you finish, to assign the week...but you are more than welcome to hang out here! We're fun!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:37 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
OK, I give up, what's a Marguarita??? Possibly a cold frosty drink whipped up in Honduras?
funny, you are speaking of whippings...... Margarita! Happy? Don't make drive down there!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:49 PM
BBmexican0725
1st Gear
I ordered mine on 7/29 and it was finished by 8/22 so i dont think the shutdown affected production that much
peace Mexi

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)