1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Giants9595
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet thanks for the welcome. I think I will cruise here more since this group seems more like the true enthusiasts.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:05 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Giants, we started off pretty slow as well. When things start moving with your production, you will find that people start talking more. Except me, I talk all the time anyway. You can hang here. So lets see your enthusiasm!!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:08 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Powerband, did you slow us up in the bodyshop? Kick it into gear baby! Someone hand me a marguarita please.
I wanted to make sure they fitted my boot perfectly. A sharp-looking boot takes time, you know.

See you all on the ship!

-

Old 09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
:::::see my foot?::::::::

Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
OK, I give up, what's a Marguarita??? Possibly a cold frosty drink whipped up in Honduras?

It can be whipped up virtually anywhere, even on a patio at 1225 Merrill Street, Menlo Park, California, under the stars and over-looking the Friday-night downtown scene. But it has to be done with top shelf tequila.

See you all on the ship!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
:::::see my foot?::::::::
Your foot up my boot?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:18 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
Your foot on my boot?
I have been a little fiesty tonight...

Old 09-01-2006, 09:20 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
I have been a little fiesty tonight...
No more margaritta.

(From here on, straight shots of tequila)

Old 09-01-2006, 09:31 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
No more margaritta.

(From here on, straight shots of tequila)
tequilla and I used to be very good friends. Now, I usually sit back with a nice glass of syrah. hmmm... makes you feel good all over!!!!

Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Personally, I'm strictly a Zinbitch. Oops! I hope that doesn't get me in trouble! Cancelled the dancing tonight. We're going to try next Friday. Let them practice first. We had a whole week of school this week where I had to get up at 6:15 everyday to help my freshman daughter get off to zero period (class time 7:20.) We are all adjusting. Meanwhile I spotted a few adorable MINIs in town tonight while we were out to dinner, sharing a great bottle of Zinfandel. Two were Chilis (one black top, one white) and one was all black (very sexy – no stripes). It seems I'm always looking...:impatient

Climbergirl — I'm with you as far as the wide range of music appreciation goes... short of German operas, I love pretty much most genres. Even some heavy rap gets me goin' — thanks to my 14 yr.old. On the other hand, my 18 year old daughter is force feeding me country (I swore when I left Montana that I'd never listen again), but some of it is really great! I just don't like the poor me, whiney, long ballad stuff.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
I remember when I was in my teens. My family had this love of blue grass and country. Kentucky was only an hr away. So, my stepdad would start singing something like "I love my truck, it's-a-right out side". I on the other hand would be singing something from Kool and the Gang. My first concert! Get down on it, get down on it... You know who I like Kissmys? Allison Krausse. She has such a pleasant voice. Something else funny, my 90 yr old grandfather had a stroke almost 3 yrs ago... his last few yrs have been rough, requiring intermittent rehab. So... when he would refuse to do his exercises, I would put on music from O brother where art thou, and I would convince him to move his feet and dance to the blue grass with me. Worked like a charm. Now... if I could just figure out a cure for the dementia...

Old 09-02-2006, 08:55 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Right on!

You sound like an awesome nurse! My older sister, who still lives in Montana is an RN and approaches her job creatively like you. She's done a bunch of hospice work too and I hear great stories that make me proud of her. You go girl! Playing music that elderly can remember might even help the dementia. At least it's a good mood booster!

I'm learning to rock out to bands such as "the Used", "Fort Minor" and "Flypside." I took my youngest (now 14) last year to an EMINEM concert at the San Jose Sharks Stadium (HP Pavilion) and went from shock to sheer enjoyment throughout the 4 hour extravaganza. The shocking part was 50 Cent's very vulgar act (one of several rap bands that performed prior to the main feature), which included a degrading, womanizing show, both on stage and in videos running behind him. And the fact that none of it phased my "little girl'! However the EMINEM act was great. I believe I understand why he reaches so many with such heartfelt lyrics and he is truly talented. Now that I'm more open-minded, my Brooke is always burning "Mom will approve" mixed CD's to listen to in my car on the way to her riding lessons. She says "you gotta hear this! — listen to the words!"

When she's not with me, I lean towards lots of the great groups from the 60's/70's — Rolling Stones, The Who, the Doors, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Creedence, Joplin, Hendrix, the Dead etc. and on the mellower side Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, the Beatles, Santana, Dylan, Neil Young, CSNY, Don Henley and lots of blues! Clapton, John Mayall, Paul Butterfield, Stevie Ray Vaughn...

Sheesh, I'm getting carried away! This should be a "what's your favorite music?" thread! The main thing is we listen often and keep it loud whenever possible! Can't wait to hear my iPod in Minx's HK system...

Have a great weekend!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:02 AM
powerband
3rd Gear
I grew up on Led Zeppelin, the Doors and Jimmy Hendrix, moving through the Sex Pistols, the Cult and the Clash, and somehow took a detour for glamour rock and big hair, and finally ended up in the middle of grunge. These days I find my iPod infused with those things along with jazz, R&B, and true Louisiana blues (which introduced me to the dark and laid-back rhythms of swamp blues). Ecclectic, as my wife calls my iPod.

Kissmys, with freaky last-second turn of events, I ended up at the same exact Eminem concert you and your daughter went to in San Jose ("The Anger Management Tour"). We were in the club box at the top of the arena, and all night we were breathing marijuanna smoke rising from below. It was also amazing, but not surprising, to see so many people in the audiance for a rap concert. The one thing I remember thinking was: For such an underground musical and artistic establishment, this concert sure is a big commercial production! If you can remember, they had all kinds of props, advertisement and things on stage for the sole purpose of hype, entertainment and sales (especially during Little John and 50 Cent) that the message in their lyrics became distracted.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Must be a drug flashback. We probably bumped elbows on the way out of the concert and not even know it.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since we're now onto a music theme - anybody going to the Stones when they come back to LA later this year?

Old 09-02-2006, 10:47 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
hmmm... contact high eh? 2 concerts this month. Saw Ben Harper at the Greek. Talk about contact high. Dan and I looked at each other... I said to him, I hope this doesn't affect my next drug screen! Then last monday we saw Dave Matthews at the Hollywood bowl. I have to say I enjoyed Ben Harper more.

Kissmys, I love all of the music you are referring to. I have an Eminem cd. I like him. I saw Etta James I think it was 2 yrs ago at the playboy jazz festival. Fantastic show. I do get into Nina Simone moods. Man, you just gotta love music. I don't know anything else that can affect your moods so quickly. One day I was listening to techno on the way to work. I made it from the beach in Santa Monica to Orange (49 miles) in 38 minutes. Crazyness.

Hey do you guys know if I call askmini today, will they be able to tell me exactly where my car is, or just give me production completion dates?

Old 09-02-2006, 10:52 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Since we're now onto a music theme - anybody going to the Stones when they come back to LA later this year?
hadn't thought about it... did you go last time? was it good? Hey are you still waiting for me at the docks? It seems like I have been in the body shop an awful long time. I wonder if they could do a litle extra ***/tuck!

Old 09-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hadn't thought about it... did you go last time? was it good? Hey are you still waiting for me at the docks? It seems like I have been in the body shop an awful long time. I wonder if they could do a litle extra ***/tuck!
Had tickets but had to give them up due to work -aagh - but the friends that reluctantly ( ) took them had a great time. I grew up in England with the British bands - Who, Stones, Queen, Beattles (tail end), Genesis, etc.,so any chance I get to see them I will gladly take. Have to admit though that these days I'm much more of a movie buff than a music buff - still like to dance though. A few years back my wife and I took swing lessons - that was a hoot - even though I have three left feet.

Still waiting at the docks, and unless one of those proverbial stealth ships shows up, looks like we'll all be together on the 11th.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Powerband — OMG , I am sure we rubbed shoulders exiting the "Anger Management Tour!" I was even sitting in the same general section as you, but my contact high was unavoidable. It wasn't just wafting from the floor, all the people surrounding Brooke and I were stoking through the entire show. Brooke kept plugging her nose "this is so stinky" and I was practicing my deep breathing.

I didn't even mention some of my other eclectic music tastes (brought up on jazz, classical and swing — I design CD covers for jazz groups). I'm sure I would love to take a listen to some true Louisiana blues -- the darker the better. Pass along some titles, hey?

Concerts: saw "The Eagles", "Jimmy Buffett", "Chicago", "Earth, Wind and Fire", "Fleetwood Mac", "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young", "Bob Dylan", "New Riders of the Purple Sage", "Sons of Champlin", and "Journey" all in this last year at different venues. Can't make the upcoming Stones, but we are holding tickets to two upcoming concerts at the HP Pavilion; Elton John (this month) and are you ready... The WHO!!! (November). SO, I guess you could say I've become a concert junkie. Making up for lost time. I attended the Fillmore, Avalon and Winterland in S.F. for many years, then along came kids. Now that they are older, I'm back into the swing of things, so to speak.

Boneman: I love Queen too! I have a feeling I'm quite a bit older though if you were into the tail end of the Beatles...

I have a question... isn't Labor Day an American holiday only? So, shouldn't the MINI factory be working on Monday?

Old 09-02-2006, 02:41 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Boneman: I love Queen too! I have a feeling I'm quite a bit older though if you were into the tail end of the Beatles...

I have a question... isn't Labor Day an American holiday only? So, shouldn't the MINI factory be working on Monday?
MINI plant will be open... askmini phone support is in Ohio and New Jersy.

the horribly mean :impatient automated message tells me that my sweet little MCS is still in the body shop. WTF! I must be getting some body!

I was playing Allison Krausse today. I told Dan that our neighbors are probably thinking "who let the rednecks in?" Ok, but, it was followed by Nine Inch Nails!!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:05 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Still waiting at the docks, and unless one of those proverbial stealth ships shows up, looks like we'll all be together on the 11th.
B-Man, where did you find the shipping schedule, (is it on a website somewhere), and how do you know the next sailing is on the 11th? I assume that ship is bound for Port Hueneme and I'm hoping my minster will be on it after completetion on the 5th.

Thanks

(PS I'm I old Punk-Rocker from the '80's and still have the 'Pistols in my CD changer)

Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
ds/b_mini
1st Gear
On the boat

I just checked the WW site and my MINI has been loaded on the INTEGRITY. It is scheduled to be in New York on 09/11 and in Charleston on 09/16. Does anyone know for sure if MINIs destined for Michigan are unloaded at the NY/NJ port?.

Vital infomation on my MINI:

Dark Silver/Black roof
Cold Weather Package
Sport Package with 17" Web-spokes (Run Flat Perf.)
Black Bonnet Stripes
Rear Fog Lamp
Limited Slip Differential
6-Speed Getrag Manual
Cloth/Leather: Octagon Tartan Red
Int. Surface Anthracite
Anthracite Headliner
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Cockpit Chrono Pack
3-Spoke w/Cruise and Multifunction
8-Spkr. Harman Kardon Sound System

Shadow will have the Dinan S1 package installed by my dealer before delivery. I already have ordered the M7 Upper, Middle and Lower grilles that I will install as soon as I get it home.

Finally getting close... I can hardly wait.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:19 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
So....umm....I just called ASK MINI and they said Clara was done on September 1st!

But it didn't say it like that. It said she is "in assembly and scheduled to be completed September 1st."

I am starting to hate the automated line. It just confuses me. I don't want to get excited in case it's wrong!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
So....umm....I just called ASK MINI and they said Clara was done on September 1st!

But it didn't say it like that. It said she is "in assembly and scheduled to be completed September 1st."

I am starting to hate the automated line. It just confuses me. I don't want to get excited in case it's wrong!
Robo-voice on askMINI told me my car is completed today. I don't want to get excited either, but I'm really really excited.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ds/b_mini

Shadow will have the Dinan S1 package installed by my dealer before delivery.

Nice. I'm looking into the Dinan Stage 1 package, too. Are you going to let them install the "Dinan" deck lid badge in place of the "Cooper"?

-

Old 09-02-2006, 10:28 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu

PS I'm I old Punk-Rocker from the '80's and still have the 'Pistols in my CD changer
Cool, God save the Queen! (I even have "The Great Rock-N-Roll Swindle" on DVD. Classic Pistols.)

"Never Mind the Bollocks" is a CD that definitely belongs in a British car.

-

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)