1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now for an important update! ::::sounding trumpets:::: My car is at the dock!!! Wooohooo... Boneman, where ya been, break out the liquor. I'll take a mojito please.... Everyone, start the limbo contest!! Oh wait, we aren't in the Caribbean....hmm... what do the Brits do on a boat? What type of music should we play in the background.. hmm...

Old 09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
The Brit's either have a "spot of Dry Sherry", or a Pimm's Cup! "Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away"... from this journey to America!

Old 09-06-2006, 01:32 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
The Brit's either have a "spot of Dry Sherry", or a Pimm's Cup! "Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away"... from this journey to America!
hmm... think I will stick with my drink! looks good, taste great!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I'd stick to a mojito too. And it must be healthy for you. All that good lime and stomach settling mint. In fact I recommend you have two! Congratulations on arriving at the dock! I have no idea where Minx is...

My mom went into the hospital unexpectedly at 2:30 this morning with an obstructed small intestine... we have major issues to deal with and I'm just adjusting to what will be needed from me in the next few days. I'll be staying at her house across town to take care of her dogs and house sit. Dad will do Mr. Mom at our house. So I'll probably be more sporadic at posting during this time.

Cancelled next week's trip to Monterey. Will take one day at a time. Don't know about surgery yet!:impatient Send us some healing energy that will help her naturally overcome this "kink" without needing surgery! She's 79, but very healthy otherwise.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
ukhan24
2nd Gear
oh im so sorry to hear that....
i hope she feels well

Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Thanks for the sentiments. Reading your MINI's bio is like looking at my Minx's twin. Will exchange photos at some future date. Going to the hospital now. Will check in later.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
ukhan24
2nd Gear
haha yeaa...but Minx is nicer....

but definitly well exchange picss

I wanted to get the Navi also... but cound't afford it

Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Kissmys, I will be thinking of you and your family. I hope she is feeling better. Just one thing, ask questions, keep a written record of meds given, MD's seen, test/procedures completed, at the bedside. Encourage everyone who is sitting with her to utilize it. It's easy to get over whelmed when your loved one is sick in the hospital. That journal will keep you oriented and your health care providers on the their best behavior.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:50 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Advice well taken from a great advocate nurse!. I'm already a bit overwhelmed (theyv'e had nothing but problems with the sump line taking fluids out of her stomach — if her Dr. hadn't stopped by to visit her this morning and this afternoon she would have made no progress at all!):impatient I'm going back at 5:00 when she'll be roused for more check ups and ask more questions. I have a notebook with me and will leave it there. She probably won't have many more visitors. I'm pretty much it.

What really worries me is I talked to a man this morning whose sister had gone through the same thing (sm. intestine getting wrapped around scar tissue from earlier hysterectomy surgery). He said the blockage kept recurring every few months for over two years! So they finally operated and removed 6". I can't imagine my mom going through that kind of pain for that long before electing surgery. I know I'm leading this wonderful, joyous thread off track, so enough about all that. I think I'll take a minute to check on Minx's progress with a live person. Thank you again for your kind words.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:00 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
My thoughts and prayers as well.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Thank you JJ Blue.

I talked to I think "Dan" at live Ask MINI a bit ago and he said Minx is on schedule, presently in the body shop, to the paint shop tomorrow and finished on Friday. He says expect 4 weeks from that date for delivery. I reminded him I'm in California and he said the 4 weeks is the average. SO, if I add two to three weeks to his average, maybe we will be getting our MINIs very close to Halloween!

I'm going to start thinking of ways I could sort of do a costume on Minx. Her license says NANOKAR. Maybe I should put on a temporary computer "on" or start button on the back and fashion some geeky, techy eyeglasses for the front. If I lived in Silicon Valley, I know they would get it. Anyway, it gives me something to think about.

I'll check in later tonight from my mom's computer at her house. Take care everybody and again thanks for the moral support!

Old 09-06-2006, 05:53 PM
mpbradley
1st Gear
Kissmys, hope your mothers recovers quickly and without future complications. My YTBN (Yet to be Named) MCSAc (though I'm told it should be called Mini-mo (as my name is Maureen)) is in final assembly and is probably done. Not sure which boat it will catch, I'm told by the guy at ASKMINI that there seems to be no reason as which cars seem to get on which boat... but I'm going on vacation on Friday and may see it on the way - cruising to the caribbean for 9 days. (Hopefully missing that pesky tropical storm.) So, I'll do the limbo for you Climbergirl (yeah right) and drink a fruity drink with an umbrella.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
hi 36ers!

it's been a while since i'd been on here...you guys are so lucky that your babies are out of the "birth canal"...mine isn't even in the production yet...sighhhhhh...the painful wait goes on...

i just have a question real quick...since you guys are picking up your car so soon...has any of you thought about getting the extended warranty, road hazard protection, etc? i still don't know what to get when my car arrives...any input on this will be very helpful

Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
ladymini, the extended warrenty and maintence program can added at anytime by any dealer as long as you are still under warrenty. Since I am purchasing my car in CA, I will wait until a later date before I add it. I don't know anything about tire coverage. So, I can't answer that one. Considering that I replace tires about every 1 1/2 yrs, if they offer it, I may take them up on it.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
The phone robot updated at some point today, and Clara is at the dock

Kissmys, hope your mom is feeling better quickly! Stomach/digestive stuff is just the worst!

Old 09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Kissmys,

Best wishes and good vibe sent to your mom for a fast recovery. Will be thinking of you and yours.

John

Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Even the Owner's Lounge is updated. Mine is chillin' at the dock with some of yours, no doubt drinking Pimm's Cup with lemonade on ice, enjoying the afternoon sun on their bonnets.

(Climbergirl, your car came out of the shop with a glorious boot!)

(JJ Blue, until my MINI gets to American shore, I may have to come and borrow your 88 Suzuki Samauri for a "spirited" drive to prevent myself from going completely mad with the wait!)

See you all on the ship!

Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Hope your mother is doing better, kissmys! Sound like she has a lot of family support, which is good.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:00 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
Even the Owner's Lounge is updated. Mine is chillin' at the dock with some of yours, no doubt drinking Pimm's Cup with lemonade on ice, enjoying the afternoon sun on their bonnets.

(Climbergirl, your car came out of the shop with a glorious boot!)

(JJ Blue, until my MINI gets to American shore, I may have to come and borrow your 88 Suzuki Samauri for a "spirited" drive to prevent myself from going completely mad with the wait!)

See you all on the ship!
Why thank you powerband. I hope it is rather nice. My OL and askmini updated today as well. I guess we are in limbo until next week. Unfortunately that gives me time to think about the JCW's package. I spoke to service today about working a deal to add it at delivery. I am insane. But I thrive on fast. If I add it, my car will be pretty well loaded. Man, I need to stop shopping.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Climergirl
Yes you do.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Full moon madness

Hi everyone. I'm running back and forth trying to run two households (lots of take-out food and caffeine) and the hospital. So far not much progress, but we are hanging in there and staying positive. I really have appreciated all of your well wishes. I look forward to the short times I can "check in" with my fellow 36ers. I'm assuming that in spite of my Minx not being finished until tomorrow (according to "Dan"), I will catch up with all of you at the dock and get loaded with you (doesn't that sound like fun?!!!) We shall see.

Well, I'm taking a breather and watching the first official NFL game with hubby and quaffing some fine Amphora Zinfandel. Then back to mom's to feed her dogs and try to get a good night's sleep (damn this full moon — I may have to resort to single malt scotch before bed!)

Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Staying positive! I hope everyth... mmm, single malt....

Old 09-08-2006, 09:26 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Hurray!

"Waiting at port of exit."

translation- passing time at the docks, stocking up on dramamine and adjusting pressure point wristbands while waiting for a boat.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Now begins the hard part. Your babys built but which boat will it be on. September 11th, the 18th? Or will it be one one of the infamous Mystery Ships? Then............what really happens at the VDC?
The drama begins, in slow motion.:impatient

Old 09-08-2006, 12:23 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Knowing my luck, I'm guessing mystery ship.

My MA said from the beginning it'd be mid-late October, so that's what I'm ready for. Since I'm out of town Oct 16-20, I'm sure that's when the cars will start showing up on the West Coast.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)