1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Nigel III
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post, but I've been reading this board for a while. My MC (Nigel) was completed on Friday (9/8). I (luckily) made it on the Freedom the same day, which left Friday and should be in NY on 9/17.

I can't tell you how excited I am, and this wait has been torture -- especially since MINI makes it so easy to track the car's progress. Oh well, if everything goes according to plan, I should have Nigel by the end of September/first week of October.

Really, I don't know how all you west coast people can stand the longer wait!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:30 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the break-in mileage for a new Mini? maybe she can go ahead and take care of all of the low-speed break in miles before I get back. Let me hit the ground at full throttle when I get back!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:51 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
The magic number is 1250 miles. But the real quetion is whether you trust her to do the break in process properly?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Read my lips: Not. A. Chance.

Now, that being said, there's no saying she won't do it. 1250 -- shoot, that's not much. She'd cover half those miles if she went and picked up the car in the UK and drove it home!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Nigel III
This is my first post, but I've been reading this board for a while. My MC (Nigel) was completed on Friday (9/8). I (luckily) made it on the Freedom the same day, which left Friday and should be in NY on 9/17.

I can't tell you how excited I am, and this wait has been torture -- especially since MINI makes it so easy to track the car's progress. Oh well, if everything goes according to plan, I should have Nigel by the end of September/first week of October.

Really, I don't know how all you west coast people can stand the longer wait!
1250 miles I think!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by abuzavi
Read my lips: Not. A. Chance.

Now, that being said, there's no saying she won't do it. 1250 -- shoot, that's not much. She'd cover half those miles if she went and picked up the can in the UK and drove it home!

uhhh. we can't see your lips!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by climbergirl
riquiscott, I am on the wrong coast! IF our cars get on a boat on monday (so far, mine is not logged on a boat even though it's been at the dock since 9/6) it will arrive around 10/4. Seems like an eternity. I have finally started to buy some items for him/her. Congrats on getting on a boat.
Actually, it appears that the FREEDOM left Southampton on Friday, and it doesn't look like my car made it on the boat. So, either it got on the boat and just wasn't logged, or it got on another carrier's ship, in which case I may not be able to track it until it actually arrives in the US, or it will just go on the next Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship. I'll have to check the WW site again on Monday.

Scott

Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
My Girlfriend's MINI seems to have been bumped from week 37 to week 36, it finished production over the weekend and is already awaiting transport. It doesn't appear yet on WW's page. Very quick though since we only ordered on August 24th from MINI of Peabody.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:33 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
She's afloat

Looks like the Minster made it aboard a mystery Boat on the 9th and is out to sea. Not sure if anyone else got the same info but it doesn't match any WW shipping info.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:49 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jwardell
My Girlfriend's MINI seems to have been bumped from week 37 to week 36, it finished production over the weekend and is already awaiting transport. It doesn't appear yet on WW's page. Very quick though since we only ordered on August 24th from MINI of Peabody.
I could quote the exact same thing, although we ordered a week earlier (ours started as week 37 but finished on Thursday).

Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 AM
limster
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
Looks like the Minster made it aboard a mystery Boat on the 9th and is out to sea. Not sure if anyone else got the same info but it doesn't match any WW shipping info.
How did did you find out that your car was out to sea? I called ASK MINI and they told me that my car was at the dock in South Hampton on Sept. 2 and that they couldn't find out if it was on a ship. The rep said that OL was the only way of knowing if it was out to sea. When was your car at the dock? Someone mentioned earlier that some of the cars for the West coast can go on different ships other than WW shipping.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:43 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Mystery Ship

Just got off the phone with ASK MINI. Merlin was put to sea on a Mystery Ship on September 9th. That is as it should be. I can visualize it now................
A great Viking vessel with massive sails and four Druid High Priests standing at the aft, bow, port and starboard sides chanting ancient prayers to the Oceanic Gods for good wind and safe harbour. For a great wizard is on board destined for the mighty Rocky Mountians of the New World where he will spread MINI Magic throughout the land.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Hehe... best call ever with Breanne! No new info except that the MINI is at the point of exit and I should call my dealer, BUT... we're talking names for cars and she mentions "one blue and white MINI the owner had named 'Merlin'"

You go, JJ Blue!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by limster
How did did you find out that your car was out to sea? I called ASK MINI and they told me that my car was at the dock in South Hampton on Sept. 2 and that they couldn't find out if it was on a ship. The rep said that OL was the only way of knowing if it was out to sea. When was your car at the dock? Someone mentioned earlier that some of the cars for the West coast can go on different ships other than WW shipping.
The "Ask Mini" guy, (Jayson I believe), told me it had set sail on the 9th. It was delivered to the dock on the 5th. He said they don't provide tracking info once the car sets sail and to contact my Mini MA in one week to find out exactly where it is.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
That better be one magic ship. This week all the ships will have to deal with Hurricane Florence. check out its track

Old 09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
handn
3rd Gear
No first hand info here, but another c3-er whose MINI was finished on Sept 5, is on a boat scheduled to arrive at Port Huemene on 9/28.

My MA had no new info for me as of this morning, except that he should have boat info within a day or two.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
D#%*n Florence! Full speed ahead!
I wonder how many W36ers are on the Mystery Ship?

Old 09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay so I was all bummed cuz I called the ASK MINI robot (I don't know why, but I feel guilty calling and bugging the real people) and it said my car was still at the port. So then I called back and talked to Jason and Clara is on the the boat that left on the 9th. So Merlin and Clara and the others are all kicking back and sipping margaritas as we speak

Old 09-11-2006, 04:59 PM
limster
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Okay so I was all bummed cuz I called the ASK MINI robot (I don't know why, but I feel guilty calling and bugging the real people) and it said my car was still at the port. So then I called back and talked to Jason and Clara is on the the boat that left on the 9th. So Merlin and Clara and the others are all kicking back and sipping margaritas as we speak
Congrats!

I'm bummed, my car has been at port since Sept. 2 and when I called the ASK MINI people they told me that my car is still in port. I put my order in at Long Beach Mini and am wondering if certain dealerships and their allotments have their cars shipped together? I noticed that some people, whose cars were completed after my car, on the West coast got their cars on a ship that sailed on the 9th. This type of waiting is killing me.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Do we know the name of the "mystery ship"? I just clicked on the "view all ships worldwide" on the ship tracker - who knew there were so many!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:09 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by limster
Congrats!

I'm bummed, my car has been at port since Sept. 2 and when I called the ASK MINI people they told me that my car is still in port. I put my order in at Long Beach Mini and am wondering if certain dealerships and their allotments have their cars shipped together? I noticed that some people, whose cars were completed after my car, on the West coast got their cars on a ship that sailed on the 9th. This type of waiting is killing me.
I ordered mine from Long Beach MINI too. I haven't called ASK-MINI today since I've been busy, but I'll have to make sure to call them tomorrow. I hope when I call them they tell me that my MINI is on a ship and on its way to me! I would hope they wouldn't hold back cars who've been waiting at the port just because of the dealer its assigned to (we want ours just as much as the rest ). All I know is that If I have to wait anymore I don't know if I'll be able to make it! Next time I buy a car I'll have to take it off the lot!

Well anyways, congrats to all the people who's MINI's are on their way! Hopefully the rest of ours will be on their way soon as well!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear

Ok..... I have INFFFOOO for the west coasters!!! Wooo hooo... I am sooo excited I can barely type....guess what all you lovely 36wker's... we are on a boat that left 9/9/06 on an NYK line with a 21 day sailing schedule (norm is 23, maybe they are trying to beat the hurricane) which should put us into Port Huenome on 9/30 (tentative). And the NAME of that lovely boat IIIIISSSS (drum roll please) Serious Leader!!

For those of you checking ASK MINI, they don't have any info. The shipping info was updated as I was speaking to the manager of SB. Apparently SB has about 50 car's coming in. So I am sure if you were destined for the west coast (irvine, lb, no cal area) you should be on this boat.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:49 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Serious Leader is an ancient Celtic name attributed to King Uther, Arthurs father and Merlins first experiment in the mystic arts. I believe Merlin deserves a round of Huzzahs for not forgetting to bring his siblings along for this most wonderous and earlier than predicticted voyage.
Know that your MINIs are in a deep trance imposed by the four Druid High Priest. They are dreaming of the day when they can carry thier drivers through a maze of twistys. They will awaken in a most spirited state. Oh but we had Druids to cast a spell upon us and make the time pass in the twinkle of an eye (sigh).
As for our friends and commrades in arms on the East coast. I will bet your MINIs left today and will be on American soil within 9 days.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:58 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
any word from Kissmys??

Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Bless you all for the details yesterday and today! And thank you for missing me Climbergirl. This has been a difficult week, but I've checked in sporadically when I could to see how my fellow week 36ers were doing. I finally called a live Ask Mini rep this morning while taking a break, and all he could tell me was that as of Saturday, the 9th, my Minx was at the port of departure... so, do you think I made it on board with you all on the Serious Leader??? I mean, I am an Aries and it doesn't get more serious leader than that! JJ Blue; I love your Celtic images. I'm all over it A little seasick, but very appreciative of the sacredness of our very special voyage (I'm going to assume we are parked together...)

On a more serious subject, it is looking like my mom is going to require surgery either tomorrow or Wednesday. After a 6 day valiant effort to correct her problem through patience, IV fluids, walking and meditation, there seems to be no improvement in her condition. So, as before, I will be spread very thin between here, the hospital and my mom's house for at least another 7 to 10 days — maybe more. Hopefully there will be no complications and when she can fully appreciate it, I'll surprise her with the MINI ride of her life! The trip we need to reschedule to Monterey will be done in MINI Minx style! As of now, still no one except my husband even knows I ordered one (but they do see my MINI photos screen saver and know how much I covet one!)

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)