1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:00 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kissmys

I too am an Aries. Merlin should have been CR instead of HB but my Cancer born signifigant other was afraid of getting a ticket (she has never had one and it has been 21 years since my last one and 15 years before that). One of my favorite pastimes is going to the Colorado Renaissance Festival, in costume. No comments about Men in Tights Climbergirl as I do a bit of Mountaineering as well.
I will put your mother in my prayers as I am sure all of us 36ers will.

Motor on (very soon)

Old 09-11-2006, 10:53 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Thank you!

Hi JJ, my fellow Aries friend and all you anxious 36ers!.

As you might imagine, most of my wardrobe is red and black (oh and I DO love deep purple and teal.) I thought long and hard about a CR MINI, but the only serious speeding ticket I've had was in a red BMW and I know how I get... (adrenalin addict) so opted for the rich bling of the RG and will appoint myself and accessories in an appropriate red that will look oh so sultry with my Minx.

Thanks for the prayers for my mom. I just got home from the hospital and she is scheduled for surgery mid-afternoon tomorrow. She's really strong and is a fighter. It'll be a bit difficult for a while, but I see sunnier days ahead.

Let me know if you have better, more significant findings on the mystery ship, Serious Leader. When I enter my VIN on the first, main auto tracking link (recommended by Ask MINI,) it isn't recognized. :impatient I fear I may be on a later ship. Are there any East Bay Mini buyers out there that know for certain that they are already aboard a ship? I ordered mine on July 31st... and was told that day that I was a week 36er. I was also told to expect to pick it up the first or second week in November. But it is starting to sound like sooner, no?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I think sooner. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. I'm thinking of painting my brake calipers red. What do you think?

Old 09-12-2006, 05:55 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
Yay..WW shows our mini booked on the Elektra, Received at terminal on 9/11. The boat is still in begium, not scheduled to hit southamton till 9/13 so I assume there is still some chance it can change. It is scheduled to hit NYC on 9/22.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:58 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Let me know if you have better, more significant findings on the mystery ship, Serious Leader.
Did some digging and it's actually the Sirius Leader. It apparently does not submit weather reports so we can't track it via sailwx.info.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Here's a pic of the 'ol Leader under way:

Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kissmys
Are there any East Bay Mini buyers out there that know for certain that they are already aboard a ship? I ordered mine on July 31st... and was told that day that I was a week 36er. I was also told to expect to pick it up the first or second week in November. But it is starting to sound like sooner, no?
I ordered from EBM on August 2nd and am on the Sirius Leader. I bet you are too

Oh, and I did some digging and found that the call sign for Sirius Leader is H3KF. I'm waiting for it to hit closer to the US to see if it makes contact with the Coast Guard, and if it does we'll know where it is (roughly, anyway).

Old 09-12-2006, 12:03 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
I just called the ASK-MINI robot. It turns out my MINI is at sea with everyone elses! I was afraid it was going to be stuck at the port, but its finally on its way to me.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:32 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I'm sooooo excited for us all! It goes without saying, that our MINIs are partying on the Sirius together and making their own plans to reunite. We must all send pics of ourselves with our new babies (now don't be shy) once they are safely in their new homes.

The even more exciting news for me is that my mother's condition miraculously has turned around, just hours before her scheduled surgery! Thanks to everyone's prayers and well wishing, the doctor's think she's out of the woods and will be watching her progress the next two days before releasing her to me. She is so happy! They might be taking out the tubes today (Climbergirl; they had just fitted her with a PICK line last night that had to be repositioned twice to get it heading towards her heart chamber correctly -- just to ready her for surgery and start giving her more serious nutrition as she hadn't eaten or had fluids by mouth for 6 days!) Anyway, at this moment, I have her set up with a mini laptop where she can play Omar Shariff at Bridge, or Scrabble to help pass the time.

Now I can get back to my former NAM obsession. Once I move out of her house (Thursday) I will be much more active.

JJ -- a definite yes on the red brake calipers. Nice touch!

Foomanchu -- thanks for the picture. She's really loaded! Perhaps it's best we can't get weather reports. Might make us unduly nervous...

Old 09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
I just called the ASK-MINI robot. It turns out my MINI is at sea with everyone elses! I was afraid it was going to be stuck at the port, but its finally on its way to me.
SC,

Where ya from?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:14 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
SC,

Where ya from?
I'm from the East Coast originally. Just graduated from college and now I live in Aliso Viejo. Can't get enough of the SoCal weather! But now I also have to work for a living... But that also leaves more money for mods! No more starving student!

Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Kissmys

I too am an Aries. Merlin should have been CR instead of HB but my Cancer born signifigant other was afraid of getting a ticket (she has never had one and it has been 21 years since my last one and 15 years before that). One of my favorite pastimes is going to the Colorado Renaissance Festival, in costume. No comments about Men in Tights Climbergirl as I do a bit of Mountaineering as well.
I will put your mother in my prayers as I am sure all of us 36ers will.

Motor on (very soon)
Hey, how did you know I was going to say something???

Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Climbergirl
Hey, how did you know I was going to say something???
It was that look in your eyes.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Kissmys, I am soo happy to hear that your mother's condition has improved. Is she going home with her Picc (stands for perpherally inserted central catheter) and HAL (IV form of nutrition)? Hopefully not.

Everyone else, I am happy that we have a correctly identified our mystery ship!! My OL still says awaiting transport. I wonder if it will update before I take delivery of my car. I am nervous about the 2 hurricanes out there (florence and gordon). Hopefully our boat will miss it.

Foomanchu, how did you get that photo??? That's way cool! I am very excited!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Foomanchu, how did you get that photo??? That's way cool! I am very excited!
Ancient Chinese Secret

(You'd have to be my age to get that one !!!)

Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
I'm from the East Coast originally. Just graduated from college and now I live in Aliso Viejo. Can't get enough of the SoCal weather! But now I also have to work for a living... But that also leaves more money for mods! No more starving student!
I know the feeling. Born and rasied in Huntington Beach but tried Texas for a year and skidaddled back just as fast as I could.

Best weather anywhere bar none.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:25 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Ancient Chinese Secret

(You'd have to be my age to get that one !!!)

That is awesome!! However, I remember that commercial!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:25 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's a pic of the 'ol Leader under way:

Actually, that's not the Sirius Leader - the name doesn't match, and that's a containerized shipping vessel instead of an auto carrier.

Here's the Sirius Leader in all her glory:

Scott

Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
Actually, that's not the Sirius Leader - the name doesn't match, and that's a containerized shipping vessel instead of an auto carrier.

Here's the Sirius Leader in all her glory:
Huh? What? I've got the right picture. Why did you superimpose that other wrong one on my post?

Here's another one of her under way:

Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
I just got lucky because the ship has a distinctive name. When I was tracking my wife's MINI, hers was on the INTEGRITY, and there are at least a half-dozen merchant ships with variations on that name.

From the NYK website, the SIRIUS LEADER is six years old and can hold 5,190 cars. That's a lot of babies heading to their new homes!

Scott

Old 09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this is actually the most nerve-wracking part for me of the whole wait so far. I should NOT have read that whole thread about the VDC and the MINI that got mashed in transit....

Old 09-12-2006, 07:43 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Huh? What? I've got the right picture. Why did you superimpose that other wrong one on my post?

Here's another one of her under way:

Hey can I have my leg back?

Old 09-12-2006, 07:49 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
For anyone else whose MINI is on the ELEKTRA, here's a link to a photograph and the data sheet for the ship:

http://www.walleniuslines.net/doc_up...tra_july05.pdf

The ELEKTRA has left Belgium, and should pull into Southampton tomorrow (Wednesday the 13th), get loaded up, and depart Southampton the same day. Then, she should be in NYC on the 22nd.

I can hardly wait. This is even worse than waiting on my wife's MINI, because I was out to sea when hers was on its way over, and I couldn't follow hers as closely.

Scott

Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Am I the only one that noticed that the Sirius Leader is HB/W. Look closely at the second photo and you will see the four Druid High Priest. I do not want to burst any bubbles about all of are MINIs having a cruise party but they are all in a deep sleep, wrapped in wax cocoon’s. Even their suspension systems have been rendered immobile. This deep mystic coma has been induced for their own safety. MINIs are very high strung and would leap over board in search of twisties. We wouldn't want that now would we?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
I'm in week 37, but you all are hilarious! My MINI was finished today so I guess today is her birthday!
I wish all of your MINI's a safe a speedy voyage across the big pond!

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)