1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
My office is overflowing with crap, to the point that me and my laptop are out on the living room couch!

But I seriously must stop now. You guys are in charge of not letting me buy anything else! From here on out, it all needs to go on the Christmas list!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay. Send me your credit cards and when I get them I'll send you mine

Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Well then you would have a credit card with MY MINI on the front...and that would just be sheer madness.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boneman and MLWagner79

Both of you send me your credit cards now. They will be in good hands I promise .

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
You all just secretly want my MINI card with the pretty PW on the front...don't deny it, it's okay

But I'll send it to you...and you can have the statements, too!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
MLWagner79

I retract my offer. You are a financial MINI Maniac. You are beyond help. That is not a bad thing.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 PM
john1180
Neutral
Week 36ers

I know this is a little off the track, but my car is also on the Maersk Wave! I thought I would share a pic with lots of Minis in the background.

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-lotus-021.jpg  
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
I know this is totally off-topic, but I see that a lot of WK36ers have a dog owner's club badge and a couple of you are also from SoCal. Me and my girlfriend just got our puppy, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any fun pet friendly places we could take our dog to in SoCal?

Old 09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uscfan
I know this is totally off-topic, but I see that a lot of WK36ers have a dog owner's club badge and a couple of you are also from SoCal. Me and my girlfriend just got our puppy, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any fun pet friendly places we could take our dog to in SoCal?
We take our two dogs to the beaches just up the road towards Santa Barbara from Ventura (I cannot remember the name but it's the first exit after the Ojai turnoff on 101). There is about 2 miles of sandy beach for them to run on while we watch the surfers and dolphins. This is one major reason why I moved to SoCal.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
We take our two dogs to the beaches just up the road towards Santa Barbara from Ventura (I cannot remember the name but it's the first exit after the Ojai turnoff on 101). There is about 2 miles of sandy beach for them to run on while we watch the surfers and dolphins. This is one major reason why I moved to SoCal.
That sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I'm in Aliso Viejo, which is way south of Santa Barbara. Maybe I'll have to make a trip up there one weekend. From the way you described it, it might be worth the trip!

Also, are dogs allowed on the sand at those beaches? I know a lot of the beaches in Orange County don't allow dogs on the sand, which would totally defeat the purpose of bringing the dog

Old 09-21-2006, 01:45 PM
handn
3rd Gear
That sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I'm in Aliso Viejo, which is way south of Santa Barbara. Maybe I'll have to make a trip up there one weekend. From the way you described it, it might be worth the trip!

Also, are dogs allowed on the sand at those beaches? I know a lot of the beaches in Orange County don't allow dogs on the sand, which would totally defeat the purpose of bringing the dog
Check out DogFriendly. That should give you some resources nearby. If you browse the site there's more info for other areas as well.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
What's going on? My west coast dealer told me my MINI should be arriving in the port in a week. Any of you on the east coast getting dot movement yet? I'm getting antsy!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:52 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Laguna Beach allows dogs on the beach with time and seasonal limits! We got me wife a Honda Element for dog beach trips We're still debating the golden retriever in the MCSC idea - I kinda like the element with the lack of carpetting....

Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Laguna Beach allows dogs on the beach with time and seasonal limits! We got me wife a Honda Element for dog beach trips We're still debating the golden retriever in the MCSC idea - I kinda like the element with the lack of carpetting....
Really? Do you happen to know what the time and seasonal limits are off hand? That would be perfect, as we are just 10 mins away from Laguna Beach.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Urban Elf said
What's going on? My west coast dealer told me my MINI should be arriving in the port in a week. Any of you on the east coast getting dot movement yet? I'm getting antsy!
Your MINI was probably on the Mystic Ship Sirius Leader guarded over by four Druid High Priest. It's sole purpose was to deliver Merlin and his siblings directly to the west coast in as short a time as majically possible. Your MINI will posses powers not known to the other lessor MINI's. Your MINI will not be plagued by the common problems of the ordinary MINI. Your MINI is brethren to the W3606 Sirius Leader Clan, whose shaman is the Mystic MINI.....Merlin.

So Mote it be
Motor On

Old 09-21-2006, 07:06 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Aloha from Waikiki, (just finished surfing Queens and it was oh-so excellent with 3-5 feet waves and 78 degree water with howlin' offshores).

Just spoke with my MA at Irvine Mini and he said to expect pick-up on Oct. the 8th. 10 days from docking at Oxnard on Sep 28th to delivery on Oct 8th in seems a little excessive. Anyone else get a delivery date yet?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
foomanchu said
Just spoke with my MA at Irvine Mini and he said to expect pick-up on Oct. the 8th. 10 days from docking at Oxnard on Sep 28th to delivery on Oct 8th in Irvine seems a little excessive. Anyone else get a delivery date yet?
How long do you think it takes to bring a Mystic MINI from a deep waxen trance into a spirited steed? This is magic stuff going on here. Don't rush it. I'll bet you pi%$ed old Pele off. The four Druid Priest forgive you for your indescreation.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
How long do you think it takes to bring a Mystic MINI from a deep waxen trance into a spirited steed? This is magic stuff going on here. Don't rush it. I'll bet you pi%$ed old Pele off. The four Druid Priest forgive you for your indescreation.
Thank you oh-wise-one for forgiving my indiscretions. It looks like I haven't tee'd off Pele just yet, she gave me all the waves I could handle and only the friendliest of locals to hang with.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
You are blessed.

Surf On
Your Mini is in good hands

Old 09-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
I ordered from Long Beach MINI and my MA gave me the vague date of "the first week of October" to pick it up.

I looked at this guy's progress that he chronicled on his website. From the time it arrived in port to the time it was at the dealership was 7 days. To the time he picked it up it would be 10 days. Maybe that's about normal.

Originally Posted by foomanchu

Just spoke with my MA at Irvine Mini and he said to expect pick-up on Oct. the 8th. 10 days from docking at Oxnard on Sep 28th to delivery on Oct 8th in seems a little excessive. Anyone else get a delivery date yet?

Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
M7 Strut Tower Supports

I just got my M7 STS today. These things belong in a museum of modern art! Perfect ebony jewels. They exude beauty and strength. I would put them on my Merlin even if he didn't need them. I am going to have to take a second look at M7 products

Old 09-21-2006, 11:10 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
M7 Sts

Hey JJ — where did you get your STSs? I cannot imagine not having the very same jewels on my Minx. I want to follow Merlin's footsteps... or a least in spirit (which seems to be oh, so blessed with the Druid Priests watching over us.) I still haven't heard anything regarding my Minx even being on a ship, but I still have faith that your crystal ball does indeed correctly see Minx on the Sirius Leader...

Working on a proper signature panel...

Old 09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear

Uscfan, give us the puppy details, and then make sure you post his/her photo in the Show us your pets thread. I used to take my golden to huntington's dog beach. A few eye infections after swimming, I cut way back.. Now I drive to an area in the san gabriel mountains to let them play in a creek.

Homerwest, I am putting both bubbies (samson and murphy) in the back of my mcs. But I am installing the boot cover with extension first!! Golden's are soo pretty, but their hair just attaches to everything in site. I have to sweep daily.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:55 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
It seems like 7-10 days after the car arrives to the VDC is normal. I assumed around the 6-10th of October we should have a new MCS!! JJ, I guess I better get my STS. I am going to pick up my eyes from stoopidgirl tomorrow and stop by my dealership (fireball team is on the same grounds as SB) to put a little bug in my MA's ear. I need to start buying my MINI toys!! Hey MLWagner, can I borrow your credit cards? Oh, and if my sentances aren't making sense, it's because I just finished 2 very long days (27hrs work in 2 days) and I am not making sense. Now I have 4 days off. I am very happy about it.

Does anyone else think that the last 2 wks have flown by?? I can't believe that we will have our cars soon.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys said
Hey JJ — where did you get your STSs?
Here you go, this is the link.
http://www.m7tuning.com/main.m7/store/10036

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)