1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Uscfan, give us the puppy details, and then make sure you post his/her photo in the Show us your pets thread. I used to take my golden to huntington's dog beach. A few eye infections after swimming, I cut way back.. Now I drive to an area in the san gabriel mountains to let them play in a creek.
I have always wanted a dog, but my parents would never let me get one, so I decided the first thing I would do after I got my own apartment
would be to get a dog. So now came the hard decision of what kind of dog to get. Well my girlfriend had a greyhound growing up, and absolutely
loved them. Since greyhounds can get kind of big, and our apartment is on the smaller side, we decided we should probably get a smaller dog.
We were doing some research and we came across the Italian Greyhound, which is pretty much a "MINI" sized greyhound. We both knew instantly
that it would be the perfect dog for us.

My girlfriend's family got their previous greyhound through greyhound rescue, so we decided we would do the same for our dog. So we contacted
the local Italian Greyhound rescue group and adopted a 1 year old puppy named Enzo. There is a picture of him in the show us your pets thread,
but for those of you that don't want to dig for it, here he is! If you think he's adorable in the picture, he's even more adorable in real life! After 3
months, and endless accidents in the apartment, I still couldn't ask for a better puppy. And if he looks skinny in the picture, that's because he is.
This is a picture we took within the first couple days after we got him, and the people he was rescued from didn't treat him very well. Needless
to say, he's put on a few since he's been with us, and is now a very happy and active little puppy!

(sorry if the picture is a little big, not sure how to resize it...)

Old 09-22-2006, 10:08 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
East coasters: Elektra is in the harbor.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
The anxiety level just went up by 200% on this thread. The first of the W36er MINIs are rolling off the Elektra. Huzzah for the East Coasters.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
Really? Do you happen to know what the time and seasonal limits are off hand? That would be perfect, as we are just 10 mins away from Laguna Beach.
Sorry - I son't have that committed to my feeble memory. I can't help but think that the info is at the City website, or by calling parks and rec... Maybe we will see you there - I will be the old balding overweight guy with the golden retriever names sparky.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Sorry - I son't have that committed to my feeble memory. I can't help but think that the info is at the City website, or by calling parks and rec... Maybe we will see you there - I will be the old balding overweight guy with the golden retriever names sparky.
I just looked it up. Starting from September 16, you can take your dog to Laguna beach with no time restrictions. I might just have to make a stop there sometime this weekend!

Old 09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
jwardell
6th Gear
Our MINI is on US soil! It was discharged from Elektra this morning in NYC.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
You guys on the East Coast are lucky. I wish mine were here

Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
jwardell said
Our MINI is on US soil! It was discharged from Elektra this morning in NYC.
I'm happy for you East Coast folks but is the word "discharged" a proper term for a MINI disembarking from a fine ship like the Elektra?

Old 09-22-2006, 05:07 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
I'm happy for you East Coast folks but is the word "discharged" a proper term for a MINI disembarking from a fine ship like the Elektra?
"Calved" might be a better word.....

Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Egress?

Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Tendered ashore?

Old 09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
I spoke to my MA today, they said to expect to take delivery the first week of October. I picked up my eyes from stoopidgirl. I really like them. I ordered the M7 sts's today. Yeah.... and I bought new jeans, new tshirts, sweatshirt..purse.. uhoh. I must be depressed. I am shopping.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:03 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Just got this from my MA:

"Thanks for the email. Your car is at the dealership waiting to be prepped. As soon as we have your check we can commence the process. This puts delivery at minimum of 190 days from payment in full but within 3 weeks."

Sweet!

Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by abuzavi
Just got this from my MA:

"Thanks for the email. Your car is at the dealership waiting to be prepped. As soon as we have your check we can commence the process. This puts delivery at minimum of 190 days from payment in full but within 3 weeks."

Sweet!
Glad your car's at the dealer, but what is the "minimum of 190 days" part about? I'm assuming that's a typo - "10 days", maybe?

But I'm still not understanding the delay. When my wife's car showed up at the dealer, they kept it for a day or two to clean it up and put on the dealer-installed options, then my wife went down there (I was out to sea at the time), handed them the check and took the car home.

After waiting for so long, I don't think I could handle an extra ten-day wait *after* payment, knowing that my car was sitting just a few miles away at the dealer.

Scott

Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Well I'm gonna stop by Port Hueneme on Thursday afternoon if only just to wave to all of Polly's brethren - I may see nothing but it's gotta be good karma. JJ Blue - any particular words you would like me to say to all the MINIs and Merlin in particular?

Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
We were doing some research and we came across the Italian Greyhound, which is pretty much a "MINI" sized greyhound.
Just curious, I've never heard of an Italian Greyhound - what's the difference between this and a Whippet?

Old 09-23-2006, 09:07 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Just curious, I've never heard of an Italian Greyhound - what's the difference between this and a Whippet?
Italian greyhounds are even smaller than whippets. They are basically miniature greyhounds. Ours is fully grown and he is only 10 lbs. They are adorable though! We can't take him anywhere without tons of people asking us questions about him. I guess the same will soon be true about our MINI

Old 09-23-2006, 09:40 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
This is KISSMYS reporting in to all my fellow 36ers. I finally got the details on Minx's whereabouts, and she isn't among the blessed, wax cocooned on board the Sirius Leader. My guess is she got involved with an irrisistable BMW that led her astray on the docks at Southhampton and didn't get back to the ship on time. So she is on the Pegasus Leader that left on September 19th and is due at Port Hueneme between October 8th and 11th (got the details from the Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard.) Adding another week to the East Bay and a couple of days for them to "do their thing", I am guessing I won't pick her up until around 10/21 or so.

Even though I feel somewhat sad at not being part of the Sirius Leader group and being watched over by the Druid Priests, I love being associated with Pegasus. In Greek Mythology, Pegasus was the offspring of Poseidon and the Gorgon Medusa — a wonderful horse, fleet as the wind and with wings that could carry it through the air. After Perseus slew the Gorgon and cut off her head, Pegasus sprang from the trunk, and Perseus mounted the fabulous horse. Bellerophon also rode the horse, until he was destroyed trying to scale Olympus on its back. Zeus then presented Pegasus to Eos. And we all know about Eos...! :impatient :impatient :impatient EOS was the rosy-fingered goddess of the dawn. She and her siblings Helios (the Sun) and Selene (the Moon) were numbered amongst the second-generation Titan gods. Eos rose up into the sky from the river Okeanos at the start of each day, and with her rays of light dispersed the mists of night. She was sometimes depicted riding in a golden chariot drawn by winged horses, at other times she was shown borne aloft by her own pair of wings.
Eos had an unquenchable desire for handsome young men (obviously, not unlike Minx), some say as the result of a curse laid upon her by the goddess Aphrodite (nice curse!)
So that's my story. I just hope Minx will have lots of pep left when she finally disembarks! And each day when I rise, the sight of her waiting to fly me around the day's twisties, I will be reminded of her winged Pegasus and Eos' golden chariot... may the gods be with you!

Old 09-23-2006, 09:44 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Love Italian Greyhounds

Italian greyhounds are even smaller than whippets. They are basically miniature greyhounds. Ours is fully grown and he is only 10 lbs. They are adorable though! We can't take him anywhere without tons of people asking us questions about him. I guess the same will soon be true about our MINI
I have a good friend that got an Italian Greyhound, (rescue) a couple of years ago and he is adorable. Quite the lap dog, very funny, silly and sweet. He is a beautiful brindle color, brownish black. "Harley" likes everyone that comes to visit and is usually the first topic of conversation. Great dog!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Hey! I found the SIRIUS LEADER!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman

you know I just broke into a Devo song after reading your post!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:09 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Then indeed Minx is a mystic MINI. Old Merlin blew it on this one.
I would take Greek Gods over Druid Priest any day of the week anyway.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I want everyone to note that in UrbanElfs GPS track the Sirius Leader flys over the Peninsula of Florida. That is proof positive of the magical power on board that ship. I would hate to see what the Pegusas Leader is capable of.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Flying is like breathing to Pegasus. No biggy. Catching up with Sirius might proove a real challenge though. Seriously... Minx is faunching at the bit, so to speak.:impatient It'll be difficult holding her back until she's reached the 1250 mark! She's gonna come off of that ship thinking she's got wings too! And will be even a bigger flirt. Sheesh. Those Greek Gods were a handful. But being the Mars ruled Aries that I am, I'm sure I can handle it (her.) At least I'll have a great time trying!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
KISS MY S.. welcome aboard.. MOE is on the Pegasus (my favorite!) and will travel along and care for your MINX.. hey perhaps it was he who led her astray..... Since we've used the same dealer we might have to do some counseling for them when they have to separate... a good Starbucks would help for sure... I'm hoping we can pick up within the week of delivery.... I don't plan on waiting for the weekend but then again I'm only 45 mins out...

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)