1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:26 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M7 Sts

For all whom have wisely purchased the M7 Strut Tower Support. It is probably the easiest mod you can make, undo six nuts, add STS redo six nuts. Here is the important part.........torque them babies down at 25 foot pounds. That is not a lot of torque. Locktite is not needed but if you decide to use it anyway use the blue stuff and not the red ( this would even apply to the CR MINIs). This is not a cosmetic mod even though the plates are a thing of beauty. If you are getting the S-Lites the M7 STS is a must have.
As the ancients use to say "Mushrooms are good, mushrooming is not".

So Mote It Be
Motor On

Old 09-23-2006, 10:27 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I'm with you!

Originally Posted by eenieMini
KISS MY S.. welcome aboard.. MOE is on the Pegasus (my favorite!) and will travel along and care for your MINX.. hey perhaps it was he who led her astray..... Since we've used the same dealer we might have to do some counseling for them when they have to separate... a good Starbucks would help for sure... I'm hoping we can pick up within the week of delivery.... I don't plan on waiting for the weekend but then again I'm only 45 mins out...
Hi Brenda, my fellow Pegasus passenger! I will pick up MINX no matter WHAT the day of the week it is... and I'm trying to orchestrate the clear bra install the same day. I can see it now... MOE and MINX. What a couple of crazy MINIs. Let's stay in touch and be a part of whatever "family" counseling might be needed to help our MINIs separate in a healthy independent, yet reverent way... I'm all for a classic latte. See you mid-October?

Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
For all whom have wisely purchased the M7 Strut Tower Support. It is probably the easiest mod you can make, undo six nuts, add STS redo six nuts. Here is the important part.........torque them babies down at 25 foot pounds. That is not a lot of torque. Locktite is not needed but if you decide to use it anyway use the blue stuff and not the red ( this would even apply to the CR MINIs). This is not a cosmetic mod even though the plates are a thing of beauty. If you are getting the S-Lites the M7 STS is a must have.
As the ancients use to say "Mushrooms are good, mushrooming is not".

So Mote It Be
Motor On
Thank you for your wise input. Going for it just as Merlin would mote it be... (I've always been a big mushroom fan...)

Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Hi everyone!! I have been without internet for most of the day. I ordered my strut tower support plates, bought a plug and play sirius system. I think I like it since we can put it in the outback when we go on long trips with the dogs. Now, I have to order my extended boot cover. This is contagious. Oh I just secured my financing today as well. Not too bad. The interest rate isn't as good as my BMW, but I'll take it. I should have the check this week.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:54 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Urban Elf
Hey! I found the SIRIUS LEADER!!!

That must of been a hellish crossing of Florida. Perhaps Ponce De Leon is Commander on board.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:05 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Now, I have to order my extended boot cover.
Do I dare ask for more details on this?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by foomanchu
I was just thinking the same thing...

Old 09-24-2006, 10:06 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I was just thinking the same thing...
ditto....

Also, re: securing financing... did you get an "out the door" price on your MINI or does your "check" reflect a basic value?

After reading posts in this PW thread I am ordering my M7 reinforcements today. I am putting XM direct in MOE since I have been using XM for 3yrs now I'm used to it and from the audio forums its going to be a simple and clean install..

OH and Sissy.. we Def gotta get together for coffee so the MINIs can have their good byes... well, more 'see you laters'.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:16 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I am going to order the strut plates too. Not immediately though, maybe in a month or so.

Capital One had the best rate for me, and they do a "blank check" that you can use, so you can write it for the "out the door" difference.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:06 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I'm doing something I have never done before and probably will never do again. I'm buying Merlin outright, cash on delivery. It is going to be so nice not having car payments.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
I like big butts and I can't deny...

You guys are awful! I need it for the dogs.. you know the boot mat with extension.

MLWagner, I use my out of state bank that also supplies a blank check. Plus I have about 10k of equity in my 330. So I made sure that I was approved for more than I need. Plus at the time of ordering, I discussed title fee's etc. My delivery will be a little different from most. I will title to car in my home state and will have it trucked out of california in order for me to take delivery. Good reason to visit my brother and for a little break in road trip. I am going to have the clear bra installed before the car leaves the dealer. Wow, so much to do.. so little time.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:37 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
I'm doing something I have never done before and probably will never do again. I'm buying Merlin outright, cash on delivery. It is going to be so nice not having car payments.
That is nice. I think that I am going to use some of my equity not toward the new MINI, but to pay off some stupid debt. I hate having stupid debt, but sometimes life throws a curve ball. But I always have a plan. That plan is to get out of debt as quickly as possible. I did pretty good with my 330, it's only 2.5 yrs old and I still owe 13k on it. Not too bad on a 40k car.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:22 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Ah.. I see. I am planning on using my credit union. I need to see if the dealer does CDL that is the easiest with the C/U and how I bought my Z3 (dealer in Berkeley). C/U offers 4.5% right now.. was as alow as 3.9. I've got a good down payment saved up but still have some banking to do. turns out the 4.5 is NOW only for 36mos... so looks like I'm the the boat with the rest.. 6.25 Last I'd checked 6mos ago the 4.5 was for all new cars regardless of length.

Last edited by eenieMini; 09-26-2006 at 06:32 PM. Reason: updating facts
Old 09-24-2006, 03:03 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by eenieMini
Ah.. I see. I am planning on using my credit union. I need to see if the dealer does CDL that is the easiest with the C/U and how I bought my Z3 (dealer in Berkeley). C/U offers 4.5% right now.. was as alow as 3.9. I've got a good down payment saved up but still have some banking to do.
That's an awesome rate!! I can't find a credit union that is offering a rate that low. Which credit union is it?

Old 09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Contra Costa County Federal (employee's credit union)

Old 09-25-2006, 06:54 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I like big butts and I can't deny...

You guys are awful! I need it for the dogs.. you know the boot mat with extension.
Hi CG — I'm so excited for your upcoming MINI delivery and susbsequent motoring trip back home! I'll bet you are getting less sleep all the time! :impatient I'm going to start the ball rolling with my financing needs too. Probably go with Redwood Credit Union up here (done all my past cars with them) and add some $10K cash from the equity I've got in my Avalon XLS to some additional savings to bring the payments down to a reasonable level.

Hey, I need an extended boot thingy too! What one did you order? I think I'll order it today, along with the MZ STS.

I take off this Friday to drive my youngest daughter to Lancaster to attend a weekend Anima convention. Full costume. Drive back on Sunday. Oh, how I wish it was in Minx!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...1&d=1159192041

Still working on a proper signature...

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-minirascal.jpg  
Old 09-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Old 09-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Have you seen this?

Satelite image of MINIs in Southampton, England...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...k&om=1&iwloc=A

Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Urban Elf
Have you seen this?

Satelite image of MINIs in Southampton, England...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...k&om=1&iwloc=A

Pretty impressive - I don't know which exact boat that is (perhaps the INTEGRITY), but it's an OTELLO-class car carrier, and holds OVER 6,000 cars!

Actually, it's rated for 6,121 cars, but since they're MINI's, it may hold even more that that!

Scott

Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Bodacious Bootie Hammock!

Originally Posted by kissmys
Hi CG —

Hey, I need an extended boot thingy too! What one did you order? I think I'll order it today, along with the MZ STS.
I'm heavily influenced by all of you MINI maniacs ordering "stuff!" (As if I needed an excuse to shop... ) I just ordered the M7 STS and then found the perfect set up for my dogs. My husband can "borrow" it for his Escape Hybrid when it is his turn to cart them around... if you haven't already found something, check this out!:
http://www.hunterk9.com/site/870877/product/DLX2500

Of course I got mine in "slate" to go with Minx's interior...

Old 09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Does this mean I now have to go out and get a dog for my MINI? Lets see now an Afghan Hound would be nice. I've partnered up with three of them in the past and they were always nice companions. Wait though, this is a MINI were talking about here. Maybe a Corgi would be better.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
I'm heavily influenced by all of you MINI maniacs ordering "stuff!" (As if I needed an excuse to shop... ) I just ordered the M7 STS and then found the perfect set up for my dogs. My husband can "borrow" it for his Escape Hybrid when it is his turn to cart them around... if you haven't already found something, check this out!:
http://www.hunterk9.com/site/870877/product/DLX2500

Of course I got mine in "slate" to go with Minx's interior...
I am going to order the boot extender from outboard motoring. I have a similiar back seat cover for my 330. I am thinking about using that as well. But I know me, sometimes I get in a hurry and I don't want to install it before the bubbies and I go to get coffee. Samson sheds something fierce. Lets put it this way, I burn out a vacuum cleaner atleast every 1-1/2 yrs. Thank god for best buy's extended warrenty plan. I have to call M7, they said my order came through blank and that they didn't know what I wanted!

As for financing, what type of rate does your credit union offer? 5.99 is the best I can find.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Urban Elf - I like your GPS system! Do you think it could track the Pegasus Leader as well? Yes, I'm visiting from the week 37 group...

Old 09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Oh no.... the madness begins!! I just joined the PTA so I could apply for 4.9% financing... I ordered my mod's from classic. Thank god for discounts. I ordered:
boot mat w/ extension (cheaper than outboard)
driving lights (requested by SO)
sport link w/bike rack (will be discontinued by minifini)
bumper protector
glove box organizer
aux input

Now, I am going to order boot stripes from AC. Someone quick, take my debit card away before I can't pay my rent!!

next on my list: rear sway bar or understrut chassis, euroshelf, oh lets not forget the clear bra at time of delivery and window tint the week of delivery. My very own personal mini madness

Old 09-25-2006, 03:00 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
A Hairy subject

Samson sheds something fierce. Lets put it this way, I burn out a vacuum cleaner atleast every 1-1/2 yrs. Thank god for best buy's extended warrenty plan. I have to call M7, they said my order came through blank and that they didn't know what I wanted!

As for financing, what type of rate does your credit union offer? 5.99 is the best I can find.
My two Aussies could probably give your Samson a run for the money in the shedding department! Within a day or so of vacuuming, we have the familiar floating clouds of long Aussie hair on the terra cotta tiles throughout the house. My youngest insists on letting them sleep in her room; you can imagine what her black bedspread looks like (our dogs are salt and pepper colored, so their hair shows on your clothes no matter what color you wear!)

I'll let you know what rate I find. The last brochure I picked up in July showed higher than yours, at 6.49% So, not a great deal! I'll see if the "I'm a long time customer" spiel holds any weight...

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)