1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the response I got from my MA:

"We haven't received any MINI's yet from the ship. We should start receiving some this week. We will contact you as soon as it arrives. There are quite a few coming here from the ship so it probably will take a couple weeks to get all of them here. We normally get a few a day except for Sunday & Monday. We will contact you as soon as it arrives."

Not the news I was hoping for. I really hope it does not take a couple weeks....

Old 10-02-2006, 06:46 PM
psychedoc22
1st Gear
delivery

I am from week 34 and I am finally getting my mini tomorrow. It will be exactly 2 weeks from the date the ship docked and I am in So Cal. My MA called today to say that the truck finally arrived this afternoon.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
who is your dealer?
Long Beach.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
Here is the response I got from my MA:

"We haven't received any MINI's yet from the ship. We should start receiving some this week. We will contact you as soon as it arrives. There are quite a few coming here from the ship so it probably will take a couple weeks to get all of them here. We normally get a few a day except for Sunday & Monday. We will contact you as soon as it arrives."

Not the news I was hoping for. I really hope it does not take a couple weeks....
Let's hope, as is supposedly the case, that they really DO give priority to pre-sold cars.

When it's >this< close I start getting impatient.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:45 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by psychedoc22
I am from week 34 and I am finally getting my mini tomorrow. It will be exactly 2 weeks from the date the ship docked and I am in So Cal. My MA called today to say that the truck finally arrived this afternoon.
Good for you! Glad to hear that you are finally getting your car. I called my dealer on the "teamster" story. Wanting to hear her response tomorrow.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:58 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Exorcising the pain...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Kissmys's shoulder will be miraculously cured before she takes possession of her MINI, Minx, We are W3606, we are the Mystic MINIs. Sooner than we thought but not soon enough.

So Mote it Be
OK, JJ, I'm beginning to believe in your Druids' powers. Yesterday, my physical therapist tried 20 minutes of heat and then worked on manipulating my painful shoulder joint for another 30 minutes, and then gave me a new exercise to do before I left. He has all but given up on making any progress "unlocking" my frozen shoulder as of yesterday. I have two more sessions this week.

I was in So. CA the last three days (Ani-magic Convention ... will post a few pictures later this week; it's the new generation's Renaissance Faire), so just picked up your message (above) yesterday afternoon. Now this is the good part... after doing the new exercises last night before bed, I found I could move my arm/shoulder amazingly well before feeling the pain and the "locked" positions have opened up considerably!!! I can feel the Druids exorcising the pain. :impatient I tested my new progress again this morning, a few minutes ago, and it is still noticably better. I am very encouraged and hopeful that surgery is now not in the picture! Thank you for your positive energy and all the well wishing from my fellow 36ers!

I haven't seen any news regarding Pegasus' progress, but will try to uncover something today. Meanwhile, my M7 STS was delivered this weekend, I have an appt. for the clear bra on deliver day, and expect the dogs' back seat cargo sling any day. I want to order badges today. And a sticker specifically pointed toward my 18 yr. old daughter... the one that says "Yes, it's fast and no, you can't drive".

Old 10-03-2006, 09:35 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
This is good news indeed. You shall be healed, besides you have the Greek Gods behind you.

So Mote it Be
JJ Blue

Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kissmys
the one that says "Yes, it's fast and no, you can't drive".
I have that one too!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:27 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Okay, I'm having a freak-out moment today. I'm suddenly terrified that I won't get what I want for my trade-in and that I'll be forced to walk out.

I really really hope this doesn't happen *crosses fingers*

Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
No Freakin' out!

Visualize the opposite circumstance... you get blue book, (perhaps slightly less than you had planned,) but all comes together in a happy hand shake and you are stoked to motor home in your new MINI!!! Think positive. (we all write our own blueprints, you know...)

Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Have you tried craigslist? Craigslist is amazing! I too am selling my car to get my MINI. I put my car up on craigslist and immediately my phone started ringing off the hook. Two days later and the car was sold for more than I was expecting to sell it for. I also managed to sell my S-Lites on craigslist the same day that I posted up the ad. It just works wonders on getting rid of stuff you don't want. Anyways, good luck selling your car! I'm sure all will work out in the end.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I tried Craigslist and got nothing. I understand that I'm selling a car that would have more appeal in the Midwest than Northern CA, but sheesh.

I was considering eBay but that could be really scary.

But I've decided that whatever happens is what's meant to be. Even if it means I don't end up with Clara, I will end up with a MINI very soon, one way or another.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
My MA just emailed me. My MINI arrived at the dealership today, and I can pick it up later this evening!!!!! I just can't stop smiling! A pleasant surprise as I did not expect it to get there that fast!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:34 PM
handn
3rd Gear
My MA just emailed me. My MINI arrived at the dealership today, and I can pick it up later this evening!!!!! I just can't stop smiling! A pleasant surprise as I did not expect it to get there that fast!
Woo-hoo!

Of course that has me wanting to call LB and asking... so... uh... "are you guys holding out on me?" I'm so sad without my MCS.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Wooohooooo!

Congrats! I can't wait for "my day" to arrive. I can imagine you are sooooo pumped!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I tried Craigslist and got nothing. I understand that I'm selling a car that would have more appeal in the Midwest than Northern CA, but sheesh.

I was considering eBay but that could be really scary.

But I've decided that whatever happens is what's meant to be. Even if it means I don't end up with Clara, I will end up with a MINI very soon, one way or another.
Relist your car everyday on craigslist. That way it pops up as a new post and the top one on the list. Did you include photo's? Photo's help sell your car big time. Do a search on comparable cars, and list your's a bit lower. I negotated my trade in at time of order. That way I had long enough time to adjust to the idea of being lowballed. Actually, it wasn't so bad.

Uscfan, I am happy happy happy for you! No word on mine as of yet.

Kissmys, I noticed your absence, and assumed that your were at the magic show with your daughter. I hope your shoulder keeps improving. I am getting an MRI today. I hope it doesn't show any tears. I had a good session with my new PT yesterday. Although she could feel a lot of scar tissue.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
I'm slammed at work right now so I don't think I'll be able to pick it up until the weekend But at least I know that it is there waiting for me.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
The first of the Mystic MINIs are here!! Congrats uscfan. Forget work, go get your MINI.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
I would like nothing more than to do that, but if I forgot about work and went and got my MINI, I might not have a place to work and wouldn't be able to afford my MINI anymore

Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
rachaelstarr
3rd Gear
congrats usc!!

That's awesome that you are getting it so soon. I want to see pics!! (seeing as we ordered pretty much the same car... from the same dealer... AND we both live in aliso viejo... AND we both have puppies!! hehe... are you me!?)

My ship is supposed to come in Oct. 16th... so I'm not sure how long after that it will take for me to get it.. how long did yours take after the ship docked?

Rach

Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
OK the personalized plates I asked for were either MERLIN, MERLYN or MERLEN. If I cannot get them I will try for MMW3606.
So Mote it Be

Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rachaelstarr
congrats usc!!

That's awesome that you are getting it so soon. I want to see pics!! (seeing as we ordered pretty much the same car... from the same dealer... AND we both live in aliso viejo... AND we both have puppies!! hehe... are you me!?)

My ship is supposed to come in Oct. 16th... so I'm not sure how long after that it will take for me to get it.. how long did yours take after the ship docked?

Rach
I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can. And that's funny that we ordered the same car, from the same dealer, and live in the same city. Small world huh? And what kind of puppy do you have? I hope you get yours soon! I think my ship docked on Sep 30th and my MA emailed me this afternoon. So only 3 days for me. But I am probably just lucky and was one of the first few cars pulled. My MA had just told me it could take up to 3 weeks so I was kinda bummed. Then he emails me today and tells me its there! I am surprised to say the least.

Well anyways, hope to see you around Aliso Viejo. I'll recognize you because you'll be driving my car!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried craigslist? Craigslist is amazing! I too am selling my car to get my MINI. I put my car up on craigslist and immediately my phone started ringing off the hook. Two days later and the car was sold for more than I was expecting to sell it for. I also managed to sell my S-Lites on craigslist the same day that I posted up the ad. It just works wonders on getting rid of stuff you don't want. Anyways, good luck selling your car! I'm sure all will work out in the end.
I have used both Craig's list and Cars.com to sell cars in the past (including my "trade-in" for Polly), and sold them all within 48 hours of posting the listing - most of the calls came from Cars.com though.

I'm also with kissmys - use your positive energy on this. Go into your dealer armed with this and all the background information you need (eg KBB etc) and you will get the deal you want

Old 10-03-2006, 06:58 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Back from MRI... man I hate those machines. Not only are you uncomfortable, but you have this horrible noise panging away. I spoke to the manager at SB and she said my car had been released for trucking. She expects to see it at the dealership either tonight or tomorrow. But, worse case scenero would be the 5th. Kind of putting a crimp in my plans since I am trucking it to AZ for pick up. I would hate to have to call in sick to work.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
One more thought...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
OK the personalized plates I asked for were either MERLIN, MERLYN or MERLEN. If I cannot get them I will try for MMW3606.
So Mote it Be
If the others are taken, you could try for WK36ER ... then you would be kin to all week 36ers from each of all the years... and all MINI custom orderers would "get it".

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)