1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:09 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Ooooo I am so excited for you guys!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:09 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mri

Originally Posted by climbergirl
Back from MRI... man I hate those machines. Not only are you uncomfortable, but you have this horrible noise panging away.
I totally relate to your experience... I practiced meditating for the 45 minutes they spent electronically scanning my shoulder and was able to somewhat put the awful pounding sound into the background. It is a very weird process. BTW, my shoulder is continually showing signs of improvement. I can't wait for show and tell with my PT tomorrow!

I was told that Pegasus is due on the 11th and I shoud expect delivery at my dealer around the 21st. So I get to see your pictures before you see mine! I will, however, show you photos from the Ani-Magic Convention (which doesn't have anything to do with Magic -- it's all about people dressing as their favorite video game characters and "acting out").

TTFN!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
OH and I had one of those 'zen' moments this afternoon after my freak-out earlier today. Detail work always helps.

Anyway, so I come out of work and parked next to my car (that I'm selling), I mean parked RIGHT next to it is a PW/PW MCS! PW is not that common and ESPECIALLY not PW/PW so I got all wound up. It's a sign!! Everything is going to be okay!

So my car is on Craigslist and I'm about to go list it on cars.com and AutoTrader. I need to take some pics though, and it's dark out. I put a "for sale" sign in the back window, too. I think I was just being lazy.

So now, I'm in a relatively good mood (which may be thanks to the zen moment or the drugs - I take a lot of stuff for back pain...weeee!) and crossing my fingers for the best.

I'm happy our babies are starting to show up and you guys are all the best. I couldn't ask for a better support group! We'll have to have a first birthday party or something next fall!

Group hug!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Back from MRI... man I hate those machines.
I never minded those things... in fact, in the mid-90s I made a lot of extra cash as a test subject for MRI machines. They were developing a new technique for doing pulse-synchronized MRIs, and I'd often spend hours in the tube, while I'd either listen to books on tape or fall asleep (they'd wake me up if I moved at all). $25/hour. But I'm not at all claustrophobic (and if you saw some of the confined spaces I've been in at work, that's a bonus for me)

Now, CT scans I really hate (I've had two), since the contrast agent makes me feell hideously sick (although the feeling passes quickly).

Good luck with the shoulder, and hopefully you get your MINI soon. We've been enjoying ours (although it has the weird "radio turns off after 20 minutes" problem).

Old 10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kaszeta
I never minded those things... in fact, in the mid-90s I made a lot of extra cash as a test subject for MRI machines. They were developing a new technique for doing pulse-synchronized MRIs, and I'd often spend hours in the tube, while I'd either listen to books on tape or fall asleep (they'd wake me up if I moved at all). $25/hour. But I'm not at all claustrophobic (and if you saw some of the confined spaces I've been in at work, that's a bonus for me)

Now, CT scans I really hate (I've had two), since the contrast agent makes me feell hideously sick (although the feeling passes quickly).

Good luck with the shoulder, and hopefully you get your MINI soon. We've been enjoying ours (although it has the weird "radio turns off after 20 minutes" problem).
Ok, so you are weird! This was an open MRI so it took 45 minutes per area. I was out in about 2 hrs total. I don't mind CT's. But, I have never had one with contrast.

Ok, so you radio turns off after 20 minutes? gremlin?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
OK - so enough about MRI's :-)

Supposedly, 'Lil Blue is going to roll off the K-Line Frisia into Charleston in the next couple of days.... Ordered on 8/1, originally had an 07 VIN but wasn't on the "bad" list and it got changed in production I think - completed production on 9/10, left Southhampton on 9/24...

So my 6-8 week estimate is at 9 and counting, likely to be 11...:impatient

But it WILL be worth the wait...

Hey, I already have a big stack of mods in my garage to keep me company...

Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
This thread rocks! We have all got to hang together if only in cyber space. If I was on the Left Coast I would host one H#ll of a W3606 party. I might even invite all those other W36ers like Kissmys recommended.
I'm going to definitley be here to help the W3607ers through the processes. What we need now are photo's. As you get em, show em.
W3606ers be proud, you are legends in MINI history (and some of the last cast iron SC MINIs). We didn't all come over on the same boat but we all are Mystic MINIs.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
This thread rocks! We have all got to hang together if only in cyber space. If I was on the Left Coast I would host one H#ll of a W3606 party. I might even invite all those other W36ers like Kissmys recommended.
I'm going to definitley be here to help the W3607ers through the processes. What we need now are photo's. As you get em, show em.
W3606ers be proud, you are legends in MINI history (and some of the last cast iron SC MINIs). We didn't all come over on the same boat but we all are Mystic MINIs.
awwww JJBlue, you are so sweet and cute!

Old 10-04-2006, 05:21 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Ok, so you radio turns off after 20 minutes? gremlin?
Yup. Apparently this happens every once in a while when the iPod adapter is installed if something wasn't installed right:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71501

We'll live with it for now (I'm not going to drive down to Boston for that), but will make sure they fix it at some point.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:00 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
What we need now are photo's. As you get em, show em
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaszeta/tags/minicooper/

Although these are all from picking it up. The weather here hasn't been good for taking more pictures.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:08 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kaszeta

Have you named your MINI yet?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:54 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Week 36ers Rock!

Kaszeta — very classy MINI! It could be in the MINI Limo club (just one I think we should start.)

JJ — Perhaps we need two parties as soon as the week 36er MINIS have the 1250 mark under their prospective belts. One west coast; all come who can make it — and one mid-west; again an excuse for those who can get the time off to motor more! The east coasters will have to throw a party too of course, but it will be harder for us westies to motor all that way (only from the time required — the motorin' part is a breeze!)

I love this thread too! We need to help each other through the mods next, then the quirks, then the funny motoring adventure stories, etc. etc. etc...

Old 10-04-2006, 07:17 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Kaszeta

Have you named your MINI yet?
"Motor", with matching NH vanity plate.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Just a thought... I imagine most MINI owners are not claustrophobic... ya think?

Old 10-04-2006, 07:43 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Ha, probably not! My husband is 6'5 and I can't wait to get him sitting inside, just to see how it looks.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:03 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Ha, probably not! My husband is 6'5 and I can't wait to get him sitting inside, just to see how it looks.
I'm 6'5" and find I have more head- and legroom in the MINI than in our 330. Of course that doesn't leave much room for anyone to sit behind me.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I think there's actually more legroom in the MINI than in my Cavalier, although I think the backseat legroom is probably about the same - it just depends on who's sitting in the front!

My husband drives a big freaking Yukon that I can't stand driving, and generally hates driving my car...we'll see if the same mentality transfers to the MINI!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
I ended up picking up my MINI last night!!!!! But I probably won't have pictures up until the weekend. Turns out I was one of six cars on the first truck to LB MINI. Everything went smoothly and I can now take the "not quite owner's club" badge down! Hope everyone else hears back from their dealers soon!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:03 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kaszeta
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaszeta/tags/minicooper/

Although these are all from picking it up. The weather here hasn't been good for taking more pictures.
So why do ya'll have photo's a big sausages in a deli??

Oh, I like your rims!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
So why do ya'll have photo's a big sausages in a deli??
I'm known for taking pictures of weird things.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:13 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
I ended up picking up my MINI last night!!!!! But I probably won't have pictures up until the weekend. Turns out I was one of six cars on the first truck to LB MINI. Everything went smoothly and I can now take the "not quite owner's club" badge down! Hope everyone else hears back from their dealers soon!
I knew it! Couldn't stay away, could you. Not that I would have done much better.

HAPPY MOTORING!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:25 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
We went to pick up the MINI last night but got a phone call on the way up that the DMV computers were screwing up with the license so they couldn't register it. My girlfriend was holding back tears because she now has to wait for this snafu to iron itself out after building up all that excitement. :( But we continued to the dealer anyway to have a look at the MINI and at least sit in it. It was sitting in the bay ready to be delivered (with a big blotch of bird poop on the hood already etching the paint!). Hopefully we can pick it up within the next few days.

Originally Posted by rachaelstarr
We have a boston puppy too...and she loves riding in the mini!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Good things come in small packages...

My husband is 6'3" and test drove the MINI with me. He loved all the head and leg room. Perfect fit. Just can't put another tall person behind him. But that was one of the points of my getting a small sports car this time. Less passengers, more independence (sorry, you'll have to drive a separate car; we don't have room and will need our own wheels in case we want to leave early...)

Old 10-04-2006, 10:21 AM
unfrostedpoptart
1st Gear
Great news - you're lucky! As of last night, my MA at Crevier still couldn't get a status on my car from the VDC. I'm going crazy waiting and I'm totally paranoid that someone is going to hit my '03 MC before I trade it in!

David

Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
You mean you are going to make us wait for the weekend???? Bummer!! We need a MINI fix!! Thats awesome that you picked your baby up! Happy Motoring.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)