1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:44 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaszeta
I'm known for taking pictures of weird things.
interesting. I like taking photo's of signs... old signs, unusually placed signs... never sausages. I did take a photo of a fruit market in barcalona. It was amazing.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jwardell
We went to pick up the MINI last night but got a phone call on the way up that the DMV computers were screwing up with the license so they couldn't register it. My girlfriend was holding back tears because she now has to wait for this snafu to iron itself out after building up all that excitement. :( But we continued to the dealer anyway to have a look at the MINI and at least sit in it. It was sitting in the bay ready to be delivered (with a big blotch of bird poop on the hood already etching the paint!). Hopefully we can pick it up within the next few days.

We have a boston puppy too...and she loves riding in the mini!

I wanna kiss that cute puppy face!! How adorable. I am sorry for your snafu. Hopefully it will work itself out soon. Did you make the dealership wash the bird doo off?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
My husband is 6'3" and test drove the MINI with me. He loved all the head and leg room. Perfect fit. Just can't put another tall person behind him. But that was one of the points of my getting a small sports car this time. Less passengers, more independence (sorry, you'll have to drive a separate car; we don't have room and will need our own wheels in case we want to leave early...)
I used to use that excuse all the time when I owned my toyota mr2 spyder. There are a lot of tall people here. I am only 5'4 and my fiance is 6'0.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
jwardell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
I wanna kiss that cute puppy face!! How adorable. I am sorry for your snafu. Hopefully it will work itself out soon. Did you make the dealership wash the bird doo off?
Naw I just grabbed a nearby shop rag and gave it the ol' spit detail
Apparently things have been straightened out and we will try again tonight.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
The Call

I just got the call from Long Beach MINI. I'm scheduled to pick it up Friday.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Urban Elf
I just got the call from Long Beach MINI. I'm scheduled to pick it up Friday.
doing the happy dance!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Excuses

I used to use that excuse all the time when I owned my toyota mr2 spyder. There are a lot of tall people here. I am only 5'4 and my fiance is 6'0.
I'm 5'4" too. It's nice being married to someone who can "reach things" in the kitchen for me when he's around. Much better than finding the stool. Anyway, excuse or not, I'm going to be very picky as to who rides in my MINI and I'M DRIVING! (Well, I might let Michael take the wheel once in awhile, as he is the the one who was so gung ho for the MINI in the first place — but it only took me about 30 seconds into the test drive in S.F. to fall in love with it!)

Old 10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
just got the call from Irvine Mini, mines in too. I'm stuck in Vegas though and won't be able to pick it up until Friday.

Yippeee

Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
:impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient

my MINI is in transit from the vdc to the SB MINI. :impatient :impatient :impatient I am supposed to work 12 hr shift's on thurs and friday. If they don't get my car today, then, I can't get the clear bra done until saturday and get the car shipped on monday. That means I wont be driving until tuesday. I just want my MCS!

I may have to hop a ride with foo!

Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
rachaelstarr
3rd Gear
my buddy kinda looks like your buddy!!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
handn
3rd Gear
So it looks like Dark Silver IS faster! :impatient

Glad to see so many SoCal cars in transit or ready , even if I'm not one of them.

Space Blue, takin' its time... I'm sure it'll be ready Friday when I'm in an audit all day.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:29 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
I may have to hop a ride with foo!
Bring it on Baby !!!

C'mon down to the beach and we'll flyyyyy.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
So it looks like Dark Silver IS faster! :impatient

Glad to see so many SoCal cars in transit or ready , even if I'm not one of them.

Space Blue, takin' its time... I'm sure it'll be ready Friday when I'm in an audit all day.
you just gave me the chills.... audit? I hope we are talkin end of the month audit instead of the "IRS is auditing me" audit.

I don't know if DS is faster or not.... mine must be hung over from all the partying on the ship.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
handn
3rd Gear
you just gave me the chills.... audit? I hope we are talkin end of the month audit instead of the "IRS is auditing me" audit.

I don't know if DS is faster or not.... mine must be hung over from all the partying on the ship.
heh. No need for chills, but thanks. It's a half-yearly industry specfic audit. Auditor is a very nice MINI driver. A sweet Checkmate MCS, too.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
heh. No need for chills, but thanks. It's a half-yearly industry specfic audit. Auditor is a very nice MINI driver. A sweet Checkmate MCS, too.

I knew that would get you going!! Soooooo.... SB called me tonight. My car will be at the dealership tomorrow. I called my clear bra installer so he can meet me there tomorrow afternoon. I guess I will be doing some paperwork tomorrow, giving up a car, buying a plane ticket to phx for saturday. Then on saturday, I will be one crazy motoring chick! Yeeeehhhaah. Tonight, the UPS lady brought me presents for my MCS! Lots of presents! In my living room I have my strut support plates, driving lamps, aux input, sportlink with bike rack, glove box organizer, rear bumper guard, siruis plug and play, boot mat with extension, and beautiful green eyes from stoopidgirl. Now, I only need to order a few more things before I can take a break (parcel shelf, sunroof wind deflector). My friends just bought a vinyl printer. They are going to do my side panel decals and my roof decal, plus boot stripes. Oh my god, I am an addict.

Anyone else order from Southbay?

Old 10-04-2006, 09:08 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Does that mean you're trading in after all??

I got three calls today and couldn't be more ecstatic. The most recent (2 minutes ago) sounds the most promising!

At this point, I will walk and take the train everywhere I have to go until my MINI is ready if I could sell it off right now!!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Whoopee!!!

I knew that would get you going!! Soooooo.... SB called me tonight. My car will be at the dealership tomorrow.
I'm so excited for you! I want to see pictures ASAP! I still don't know where Pegasus is, but it isn't schedule to even dock until the 11th. Anywho, I can feel the energy all around the 36ers and it is GOOD!

Shoudler is doing progressively well... we're thinking more positive these days. I'm hoping to be at the top of my form when delivery takes place.

Got the dog sling delivered today. Still waiting for my personal plates "NANOKAR"...

Old 10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Does that mean you're trading in after all??

I got three calls today and couldn't be more ecstatic. The most recent (2 minutes ago) sounds the most promising!

At this point, I will walk and take the train everywhere I have to go until my MINI is ready if I could sell it off right now!!
Yeah, I will be trading. It all revolved around a tax credit that I will receive in Ohio. It's kind of like getting 2k more for my car than the dealership has actually given me. My current car is registered in Ohio. It makes everything easier for me. I will be without a car for a few days. We have my SO's outback. He can ride his RC51 to work. It's an exciting time for everyone. I wonder if boneman has gotten a call? He is with SB too.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Pretty soon we will all be motoring. YeeeeeeHaaaaaa!

Old 10-05-2006, 05:53 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
Tonight, the UPS lady brought me presents for my MCS! Lots of presents! In my living room I have my strut support plates, driving lamps, aux input, sportlink with bike rack, glove box organizer, rear bumper guard, siruis plug and play, boot mat with extension, and beautiful green eyes from stoopidgirl. Now, I only need to order a few more things before I can take a break (parcel shelf, sunroof wind deflector). My friends just bought a vinyl printer. They are going to do my side panel decals and my roof decal, plus boot stripes. Oh my god, I am an addict.
hey climbergirl... congrats on getting your car soon! and to everyone else in PW 36! I'm hyper blue with envy....

just curious... where did you buy all of your presents... specifically curious about the aux. input, boot mat and glove box organizer... did you get them somewhere besides your dealer at a discount? classic mini? just wondering if I can get them cheaper then from my delaer (I'm sure the answer to this is a resounding YES!)... thanks

Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
We picked up the MINI last night! Read more here:
http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/10/04/little-brother/

Old 10-05-2006, 07:35 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jwardell
We picked up the MINI last night! Read more here:
http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/10/04/little-brother/
Another one down!

Grats to Sam. Good color choice, BTW.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Pegasus is flying...

For those of you WK36ers that know you are on the Pegasus Leader, I just checked the Port Hueneme shipping schedule and it shows the ETA as October 8th, not the 11th as originally told to me by my MA and the BMW forum. So we (as of today) are 3 days ahead of schedule! Yay!!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
For those of you WK36ers that know you are on the Pegasus Leader, I just checked the Port Hueneme shipping schedule and it shows the ETA as October 8th, not the 11th as originally told to me by my MA and the BMW forum. So we (as of today) are 3 days ahead of schedule! Yay!!!!
WWEEEEEEEEHA! You think we might could get our MINIs by the 15th?

Old 10-05-2006, 11:53 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mini_dreams
hey climbergirl... congrats on getting your car soon! and to everyone else in PW 36! I'm hyper blue with envy....

just curious... where did you buy all of your presents... specifically curious about the aux. input, boot mat and glove box organizer... did you get them somewhere besides your dealer at a discount? classic mini? just wondering if I can get them cheaper then from my delaer (I'm sure the answer to this is a resounding YES!)... thanks
I made a 1200 order with classic. Discounted I think I paid around 980 and with shipping 1065. How sad is this... I still have a few more items to purchase. IamanaddictIamanaddictIamanaddict.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)