1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwardell
We picked up the MINI last night! Read more here:
http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/10/04/little-brother/

Yeah!!!! congrats!!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Ok, I am off to shower (can't meet my new MINI stinky) and then off to meet my new baby, the clear bra guy, and my MA. Since I am shipping out of state, I am not sure if I will be motoring by saturday or if I will have to wait until next wed. Anyway, I will have some photo's to post later today. But, the best part is that I will actually get to see and touch my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no... what I he/she doesn't like me... what if I don't like her????

Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I'm Jealous!

Originally Posted by climbergirl

Oh, puhleeeeeze!!! You know it will be love at first sight!!!

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been away for a couple of days and look what happens - you all start getting your cars . Maybe I should go away more often, but I'd miss you all to much .

I am very envious, and very happy for all of you. Polly is still somewhere between the VDC and South Bay but I'm sure she'll show up soon to make a grand entrance.

I did get my financing finalized this morning. The dealer offered 6.5% but I ended up getting 4.75% from Delta Community Credit Union - I'm pretty happy with that.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Delivery of MINIs from Pegasus...

Originally Posted by eenieMini
WWEEEEEEEEHA! You think we might could get our MINIs by the 15th?
eenieMini – the general consensus from EBM is that you need to add 10 to 11 days to the date of the ship's arrival in port to figure when it might be available at the dealer. So best case scenario would be getting a dealer call on the 18th or 19th. But who knows... maybe our Pegasus is so very special indeed that they'll be quicker unloading our MINIs than usual.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Ok, I am off to shower (can't meet my new MINI stinky) and then off to meet my new baby, the clear bra guy, and my MA. Since I am shipping out of state, I am not sure if I will be motoring by saturday or if I will have to wait until next wed. Anyway, I will have some photo's to post later today. But, the best part is that I will actually get to see and touch my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paleeeease - what's not to like! Your love affair will begin the moment you look into his eyes (and you've already bought some pretty nice eyes )

Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Awesome rate!

Originally Posted by Boneman

I did get my financing finalized this morning. The dealer offered 6.5% but I ended up getting 4.75% from Delta Community Credit Union - I'm pretty happy with that.
Hey Boneman! How difficult would it be for a S.F. North bayer to join the Delta Community Credit Union? The best rate I've found up here yet is with my Redwood Credit Union and it is 6.39%!:impatient

Old 10-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Added another thing to the presents I have bought for Polly - what do you think (see attachment)

BTW - how to you copy a picture into the body of the post?

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-canadian-us-uj.jpg  
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Hey Boneman! How difficult would it be for a S.F. North bayer to join the Delta Community Credit Union? The best rate I've found up here yet is with my Redwood Credit Union and it is 6.39%!:impatient
If you go on-line to their site you can open an account directly. Now you supposedly have to from one of there eligible member lists, but they never verified this for me. Besides I can make you an honorary employee of Digital Insight for the day if you like . You have to send in a check to open an account and get an account number (to expedite this you could overnight the check - or perhaps there is an EFT option if you call and ask). With an account number you can do an on-line loan application which from start to approval takes 10 minutes.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
eenieMini – the general consensus from EBM is that you need to add 10 to 11 days to the date of the ship's arrival in port to figure when it might be available at the dealer. So best case scenario would be getting a dealer call on the 18th or 19th. But who knows... maybe our Pegasus is so very special indeed that they'll be quicker unloading our MINIs than usual.
True but I'm counting on the "padding" on the date and hope for an earlier call... I'm terrible about delayed gratification and this wait is a true test of my limits!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Waiting in Colorado.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Well, at least Boneman is still waiting, too. I was starting to wonder if there was an issue with my car with all the other SoCal people's showing up.

Trying to be patient! <deep breaths>

Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
If you go on-line to their site you can open an account directly. Now you supposedly have to from one of there eligible member lists, but they never verified this for me. Besides I can make you an honorary employee of Digital Insight for the day if you like . You have to send in a check to open an account and get an account number (to expedite this you could overnight the check - or perhaps there is an EFT option if you call and ask). With an account number you can do an on-line loan application which from start to approval takes 10 minutes.
Awesome! I'm all over it right now! I'll let you know if I need to go to work for Digital Insight... Thank you!

Old 10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
It's great to see other people have heard from their dealers now too!!! Pretty soon we'll all be motoring. I'm going to EF1 in Long Beach to get my new rims and tires mounted on Saturday morning. Can't wait to get them on! There are so many things I want to do with my MINI, and not enough money... I am seriously thinking about peeling off the white bonnet stripes though. What are your opinions of bonnet stripes on a DS?

Hope to see you guys around! (I'll try and post pictures after I get the new rims and tires on!)

Old 10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
limster
2nd Gear
Picking up my MCS on Columbus Day!

I got a e-mail from Long Beach Mini, my MCS is finally here! I'll be picking it up on Monday. Three months and one week wait is finally over.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
My MA called tonight. Merlin will be delivered to the dealership on the 10th. They say they need to keep him for a week for whatever. That means I will get him on October 23rd because the only day the studio is closed is on Sunday and Monday. That seems like forever.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Alliant credit union (join the PTA for $7.00) offers 4.75% Fico over 740. Yeah, I am only at 700 (damn credit card debt!) So I stuck with USAA at 6.2%

Old 10-05-2006, 05:54 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
My MA called tonight. Merlin will be delivered to the dealership on the 10th. They say they need to keep him for a week for whatever. That means I will get him on October 23rd because the only day the studio is closed is on Sunday and Monday. That seems like forever.
tell them that they can't have a week, that you need to pick up your car on 10/16. Are you getting dealer installed options? If not, definitely no reason to keep the car for 7 days. They can have it dealer ready in 5 hrs.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
My MCS in the raw... stick in plastic packaging with the addition of clear bra installed. I wont actually get to drive it until next wed. At that time I will post better pictures. And I don't know those 2 men. I think they were taking delivery of the Z4 beside me.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Woo! Rock on, CG!

Just called LB... my MA wasn't in, but talked to someone else- all they know is it's at the port. Should be there "by Saturd... uh, Wednesday at the latest". Claims there's nothing from the VDC showing damage, but cars were just delayed by the weather. (?!?!?)

Yeah, it's been really stormy up there in Ventura County. I told him the ship has been there since last Thursday night, right on schedule. I feel like I'm getting the run-around. :impatient See what my MA has to say tomorrow.

Seriously, if you don't know, just say... "really I have no clue, sometimes it takes longer" (of course you COULD find out something... I need CG's MA ) Just don't pull the "it was delayed by a, uh... storm... and they had to pick up Morgan Fairchild in San Diego..."

rant out, back to work...

Old 10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
My MA is only as good because I rode him hard!

Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
handn
3rd Gear
My MA is only as good because I rode him hard!
Hehe... true, I'm sure.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
My MCS in the raw... stick in plastic packaging with the addition of clear bra installed. I wont actually get to drive it until next wed. At that time I will post better pictures. And I don't know those 2 men. I think they were taking delivery of the Z4 beside me.
OK CG, you're really at Irvine Mini and that's my car, right???

Old 10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
OK CG, you're really at Irvine Mini and that's my car, right???
uhhuh, yep. I was soooo excited that I drove all the way down to Irvine to take photo's of Foo's baby.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:16 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Sweet looking ride there CG. Part of the reason I think for the delay on delivery of Merlin is that they are waiting for a floor MINI to do the swap out of the S-Lites for 16"ers.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)