1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations CG!

Your MINI is so beautiful! Very classy stripes! You need to get that En Route badge off your signature right away! OMG, it's all so official now! Did you get the CAI mod? I want to order one, but don't know which one is best for the MINI S... All of a sudden I'm feeling a need to buy more stuff!!! :impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Oh, the antagonizing wait....

I'm watching the San Jose Sharks play their first official season game tonight. A good way to keep my mind off of all you Sirius Leader MINI recipients... but Pegasus won't be too far behind you. I AM excited for you and really enjoy seeing your pictures!

JJ — after all, you are in Colorado; there must be some extra give and take living in one of the most rugged, prestigious, a little remote, and very classy states in the US! Maybe we will get our deliveries on the same date. Maybe Merlin and Ero (Pegasus' minxy lady) have a plan...

Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Yeah I think Minx caught Merlins eye way back in Oxford and he promised not to hit the twisties till she got here. I think the fact that Minx sometimes goes topless had something to do with it .

Old 10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
I made a 1200 order with classic. Discounted I think I paid around 980 and with shipping 1065. How sad is this... I still have a few more items to purchase. IamanaddictIamanaddictIamanaddict.

thanks! your car looks great! I don't know how you can wait to pick it up!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Your MINI is so beautiful! Very classy stripes! You need to get that En Route badge off your signature right away! OMG, it's all so official now! Did you get the CAI mod? I want to order one, but don't know which one is best for the MINI S... All of a sudden I'm feeling a need to buy more stuff!!! :impatient :impatient :impatient
I am not going to be able to take official delivery until next Wed. And thats ok. In the next month, I am going to add roof graphics and side panel graphics, and tint.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:06 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
My MCS in the raw... stick in plastic packaging with the addition of clear bra installed. I wont actually get to drive it until next wed. At that time I will post better pictures. And I don't know those 2 men. I think they were taking delivery of the Z4 beside me.
Congrats, Climbergirl! It's a beauty! Has your eyes...

-

Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Oh No!

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Kissmys
Yeah I think Minx caught Merlins eye way back in Oxford and he promised not to hit the twisties till she got here. I think the fact that Minx sometimes goes topless had something to do with it .
Oh, no, my dear Merlin can't have ever seen Minx topless. Perhaps JJ thought that Conv. meant convertible instead of Convenience Pkg. Minx is a more mature, limo classy lady who just can't do the topless thing this time around (in her former lives she was the CanCan Queen, and also performed with just feather fans...) However, she has definitely taken a real shine to Merlin...

Counting the days...

Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I am not going to be able to take official delivery until next Wed. And thats ok. In the next month, I am going to add roof graphics and side panel graphics, and tint.
I'm going for the tint right away too. Especially want to cool down the sunroof (just in time for winter! ) I just finished ordering 6 badges and two stickers. Somebody STOP me! No, not really. This is just way too much fun!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Well you know Merlin does have some pretty fantastic dreams. He must have gotten carried away.

CG
That is going to be a $100,000 MINI by the time you get done CG. Have you seen the shock tower covers at American Mini Mates. You might want to order in a pair to keep your MCS engine compartment clean and dry. They are only $12.50 including postage. And of course there is always the..................... .

Old 10-05-2006, 09:43 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
Congrats, Climbergirl! It's a beauty! Has your eyes...

-
What are you saying? Large and glassed over?

thanks powerband. Where ya been? You should see her real eyes.. pretty green with long lashes thanks to stoopidgirl.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
What are you saying... glassed over?
My eyes are often glassed over, but usually after a couple of margaritas.

I have cancelled my order of the MCS and ordered a different car . I plan on ordering the new MINI Cooper (non S) in three years as a 2nd car. I miss this group and I check in periodically! Sounds like it's getting to be go-time for lots of you. Strangely, I'm excited for all of you!

-

Old 10-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My MCS in the raw... stick in plastic packaging with the addition of clear bra installed. I wont actually get to drive it until next wed. At that time I will post better pictures. And I don't know those 2 men. I think they were taking delivery of the Z4 beside me.
Woohoo!!! Awesome. I can feel your smile from here.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
unfrostedpoptart
1st Gear
They finally found my car!

My MA at Crevier emailed me that he finally got a status on my car. I was beginning to think it got lost deep in the Sirius Leader. He doesn't have a firm delivery from the trucking company, but it should at the dealer by Monday or Tuesday. Add a day for the roof graphics & other dealer stuff and I should have it by the middle of the week! Yay!

I went by there at lunch today so they could give my '03 MC a final check for the trade-in value. The car is in virtually perfect condition and I've been totally paranoid the last few weeks that someone was going to hit it before I could trade it in. Just a few more days now...

David

today: '03 MC, Red/White, Checkerboard roof, red/tartan seats/interior, CVT
next week: '06 MCS, Red/White, Checkerboard roof & sideview caps, white R84 wheels, red/tartan seats, red dash/interior & shift ****, 6-speed, JCW checkerboard floormats

Old 10-06-2006, 02:01 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by unfrostedpoptart
My MA at Crevier emailed me that he finally got a status on my car. I was beginning to think it got lost deep in the Sirius Leader. He doesn't have a firm delivery from the trucking company, but it should at the dealer by Monday or Tuesday. Add a day for the roof graphics & other dealer stuff and I should have it by the middle of the week! Yay!

I went by there at lunch today so they could give my '03 MC a final check for the trade-in value. The car is in virtually perfect condition and I've been totally paranoid the last few weeks that someone was going to hit it before I could trade it in. Just a few more days now...

David

today: '03 MC, Red/White, Checkerboard roof, red/tartan seats/interior, CVT
next week: '06 MCS, Red/White, Checkerboard roof & sideview caps, white R84 wheels, red/tartan seats, red dash/interior & shift ****, 6-speed, JCW checkerboard floormats
Must be hanging out at the VPC with mine and Boneman's.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by handn
Must be hanging out at the VPC with mine and Boneman's.
Yep, now I'm officially bummed - my MA called me at lunch time and told me that Polly had just entered into the "system" at the VDC and was not scheduled for dealer delivery until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm out of town all next week and won't now be able to pick her up until Sunday 15th or Monday 16th.

Fellow W36'rs - I must live vicariously (what a good word ) through you, so keep those photos coming!!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:32 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Yep, now I'm officially bummed - my MA called me at lunch time and told me that Polly had just entered into the "system" at the VDC and was not scheduled for dealer delivery until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm out of town all next week and won't now be able to pick her up until Sunday 15th or Monday 16th.

Fellow W36'rs - I must live vicariously (what a good word ) through you, so keep those photos coming!!
I know the feeling. So much anticipation, and... more waiting. At least my auditor today let me covet her Space Blue MINI. Damn, that aero kit looks niiice.

P.S. climbergirl, don't get any ideas about going off and getting the aero kit now... restrain yourself!

Old 10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Hey Boneman, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your roof graphics. Gorgeous! Good work! I want to see it on Polly!

Old 10-06-2006, 06:20 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still waiting too...but it's okay...I think I might have actually finally sold my car!

Old 10-06-2006, 06:25 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I'm still waiting too...but it's okay...I think I might have actually finally sold my car!
Sounds like great (potential) news! That must be a bit of a relief.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
It is. I've decided even if it falls through, I'm not going to panic. If they lowball me on trade-in (if I HAVE to go that way), I'll just buck it up. Whatever. At this point I just want it over with!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Still waiting in Colorado.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Pegasus is behind schedule ...

:impatient :impatient :impatient Bummer! The Port Hueneme arrival schedule for Pegasus has been changed from 10/8 to 10/14. I hope it is because she needed to avoid bad weather and didn't get caught up in some nasty hurricane business... in any case, I have to further adjust my patience meter. Not easy!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I have Paul from Classic on my speed dial.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:23 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
My eyes are often glassed over, but usually after a couple of margaritas.

I have cancelled my order of the MCS and ordered a different car . I plan on ordering the new MINI Cooper (non S) in three years as a 2nd car. I miss this group and I check in periodically! Sounds like it's getting to be go-time for lots of you. Strangely, I'm excited for all of you!

-
ok.... so what did you order?? Don't tell me you ordered a new 335

Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
I had the saddest thought tonight as I drove home from work. I realized that it will be the last time I drive my 330. I felt sooo sad. I love that car. Now I am afraid that my MCS wont be as good to me. Oh no... I am freaking out. It's only a few years... then I can buy a new one..

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)