1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=yonahleyah;1166917]Aaahh! Aaahh! From my (Irvine) MA this evening:

Just an update for you. Your car will be at the port in Oxnard on the 12th. Give it 4-5 days from then to be at our dealership. The day we get we will need a few hours of prep and it will be good to go

I'm not sure if I'm on Pegasus, but if so, that's a fairly definite date. Aaaahhhh.... I want I want I want.

Who is your MA?

Old 10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Hey, has anyone else noticed an aux input in your glove compartment? Someone in wk 37 said his H/K system came with a aux input installed in the glove compartment. I didn't check my glove box, and I wont be driving my car until next week. They said is was specific to the new H/K system.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by yonahleyah
Aaahh! Aaahh! From my (Irvine) MA this evening:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Just an update for you. Your car will be at the port in Oxnard on the 12th. Give it 4-5 days from then to be at our dealership. The day we get we will need a few hours of prep and it will be good to go.

I'm not sure if I'm on Pegasus, but if so, that's a fairly definite date. Aaaahhhh.... I want I want I want.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
I hope you are right and that the Pegasus is coming in on the earliest date possible. Mine takes another 10 days to get to the S.F. bay area after landing at the Port. Oh, by the way, we have somewhat twin cars. Maybe they put all the Royal Grey/Silver top cars together. I know for a fact that we are surrounded by many BMWs!

Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Love is a many splendored thing...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Love makes a man do strange things. You would think after 19 years of marriage I would have a little more persuasion. The only reason she doesn't post here is she don't know how and she is younger than I am.
Yes, Love is quite an influential thing in our lives, isn't it? And I expect to love my MINI too! I've got the opposite thing going in my life; my husband is many years younger than I am. I wanted someone who could keep up with me!

PhotoShopping images on a big project, trying to keep my mind off the crawling second hand. Expect to have Minx before the next full moon!:impatient

Old 10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
As I gaze out, from my mountain top perch, upon the Great American High Planes under a full lite Moon. I see a Minx winding across the wind sweept prarie within a half Moon.
Such is the way with visions but, on the other hand I was wrong about Minx being on the Sirius Leader.
Know this, Merlin will be waiting for his soul mate.
Dang this is worse than watching after your teenage daughter. My MINI is in love with a Left Coast Girl.
Merlin, you are so grounded when you finally get home and we are Bronco fans in this household. None of that 49ers stuff just because she winked at you in passing at Oxford.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Holy crap!

I've owned my car for 36 hours and I've motored 400 miles.

I'm shaking.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:57 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Urban Elf said
Your'e scarring me. I'm not ready for a major change in lifestyle.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:11 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Cyclopes! He raises out from the Ocean deep to seize the winged Pegasus. The four Oracles chant out a legend from days long past. The Cyclopes is driven back! But what of the Sirens Song. The MINIs are awakened. Their desire not to be held. Ulysses to the rescue, the MINIs will be land bound to roam the many twisties.
So is the story of Minx and her siblings.
Mystic MINIs all. W3606 Huzzah! We shall meet under the Harvest Moon from the far four corners.
So Mote it Be

Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 AM
unfrostedpoptart
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Urban Elf

I'm shaking.
That's only an average of 11 miles per hour. I know you're not supposed to push it too much when it's new, but ...

Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 AM
handn
3rd Gear

I'm shaking.

Our 1st MINI, we put 1,800 miles on in the first two weeks. And that was without any major road trips. We would just find convenient excuses to go motoring all-the-time.

Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 AM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Who is your MA?
Rick... I know you have Alex, and shortly after I PMed you a while back, I wrote an upset letter and asked for a new MA. However, Rick was still the one to email me. I think it might be awkward finally going to meet him after writing an unhappy note to his boss...

P.S. While they would not waive mark-up, they did finally agree to waiving bonnet and boot stripes and installation, and agreed to throw in floor mats.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:39 AM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by handn

Our 1st MINI, we put 1,800 miles on in the first two weeks. And that was without any major road trips. We would just find convenient excuses to go motoring all-the-time.

Enjoy!
We picked up ours a week ago, and we'll be through the break-in period by monday, since (a) it's Columbus weekend, and it's perfect for motoring, and (b) we've had the drive back from Boston and two round trips to the Manchester airport.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Eventually, you get your MINI

Hang in there everyone! It's worth the wait...

Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue — My MINI is in love with a Left Coast Girl.
[COLOR=blue
Merlin[/COLOR], you are so grounded when you finally get home and we are Bronco fans in this household. None of that 49ers stuff just because she winked at you in passing at Oxford.
Well, if Minx is anything like her owner (mistress companion), she will be both a 49er AND a Bronco fan. The Broncos have been favorites in this household for years (it IS possible to have more than one allegiance until the two teams face off — and at that point, even though we would cheer on the 9ers, if the Broncos won we would still smile ) ... but today, we will be rooting for the 9ers to romp all over the dreaded Raiders! Game time 1:00 at the notorious "stick".

Perhaps Merlin and Minx deliberately chose to voyage on separate ships in order to make their eventual parting less painful. They have vowed, however, to follow their destinies and cross paths again. And Minx and her fellow passengers are so grateful to the Oracles for saving Pegasus from the Cyclops! That was a bloody close one!!!:impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 10-08-2006, 09:47 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Nice!!!

Hang in there everyone! It's worth the wait...

Love your new MINI! Just like a sweet, sexy little limo, as I had imagined it would be. I know it's worth the wait, but the wait is sooooo agonizingly slow! And now that so many of my fellow 36ers are motoring already, it is even harder. I can't wait to post Minx's first weekend miles!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
nice MCS urbanelf!! congrats!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, here's a twist. Called to the frau this morning -- paperwork in my new Mini is all complete, but with a twist. She cut a deal with the local BMW dealership to leave the car on the show room floor, on display, until I get back (right before Thanksgiving). So, I will be the one to take delivery and get the full treatment, in lieu of the wife. Very cool, as I see it. I've asked her to go score me some ****, er, I mean, photos of it.

So, it looks like I will be the lsat of the WK3606 posses to take possession -- ironic, since I think Coop was the first to make it to the dealship!

Old 10-08-2006, 01:24 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Ani-Magic pics

Hey JJ (and any others interested in this generation's dedication to the wacky, somewhat twisted, yet fascinatingly cool world of video...) you can go to this website to view some of the out takes from last weekend's Cosplay (or costume playing) convention in Lancaster. I'm already figuring out what my character will be at the next one... if I'm going to drive (motor) and take pictures, I'd at least like to be in character (hmmm, I wonder how a "Minx" would dress and what video game has a character closest to her personae?) Actually most of the female parts in the teen "role playing" video games are major minxes.

Go to: http://web.mac.com/geckomama.mac/iWe...st%20Roll.html

Old 10-08-2006, 04:23 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Kissmys, I hope our cars are next to each other amidst all those beamers. I know Billy's tough, but to be honest (and this is embarrasing) I don't know if Billy is a boy or a girl! Hoping once we meet it will be quickly figured out. Let me know if you hear any more updates...

Old 10-08-2006, 04:28 PM
dcdeheer
1st Gear
I love this car!

ignore me - typing before i was thinking...

Old 10-08-2006, 04:30 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
My dot now says my car is at the dealership...but no call yet! I will be doing some cage rattling tomorrow!

Old 10-08-2006, 04:39 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Go Niners!

JJ – We handed it to the Raiders today. FIVE interceptions. We play the Broncos next week. I'll be cheering for both (sort of...).

Old 10-08-2006, 04:46 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Kissmys, I hope our cars are next to each other amidst all those beamers. I know Billy's tough, but to be honest (and this is embarrasing) I don't know if Billy is a boy or a girl! Hoping once we meet it will be quickly figured out. Let me know if you hear any more updates...
I'll let you know anything I find out (which isn't much these days...). Yeah, Billy could be either sex. And those beamers could be hittin' on both of us no matter... if they had their way, they'd follow us home and beg to be a part of our motoring madness. But, alas, they are destined for the more "upscale, quiet, refined" cruising crowd; which quite frankly, I don't think the MINI owners are. Nope, nope, nope. Perhaps upscale somewhat, but we spend our $$$ strictly for quirky, major FUN and twisties!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Rick... I know you have Alex, and shortly after I PMed you a while back, I wrote an upset letter and asked for a new MA. However, Rick was still the one to email me. I think it might be awkward finally going to meet him after writing an unhappy note to his boss...

P.S. While they would not waive mark-up, they did finally agree to waiving bonnet and boot stripes and installation, and agreed to throw in floor mats.
Oh well, maybe Rick will surprise you with some small kindness.... Of course, never forget that even though they call themselves Motoring Advisors, they are car salesmen, and getting the commission should take the sting out of the awkwardness. Wehn do you get to pick yours up? Ours should be ready for pickup on the 21st.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Doesn't matter if billy is a boy or girl... it will be one hot little cooper!! I don't have a name for mine. Chris (boneman's MA) ask me if it was a girl or boy... I dunno. DS seems manly. But I like my original name for the car when it was CR which was "little hottie". But, red is hot... ds... hmm... stuck!! Name suggestions.. please. ooohh... what about simon?

I have a shopping problem. I can't stop buying stuff for my new baby. I think that my SO just took my plug and play sirius for his car. So, now I need to buy the oem siruis. My complete list is tint, oem sirius, sunroof wind deflector, new stripes and roof graphics, garmen nuvi 660, parcel tray. Although I am holding off on the parcel tray for now. aarrrggghh. I am woman. I love to shop. good thing I am gainfully employed.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)