1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:29 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
My dot now says my car is at the dealership...but no call yet! I will be doing some cage rattling tomorrow!
I've been watching your progress to get an estimate of what to expect for me and Moe... Moe is to dock sometime this week then truck on up to East Bay.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Hey, has anyone else noticed an aux input in your glove compartment? Someone in wk 37 said his H/K system came with a aux input installed in the glove compartment. I didn't check my glove box, and I wont be driving my car until next week. They said is was specific to the new H/K system.
yeah...no one and i mean NO ONE has mentioned the same thing...but richreef from week 37 (like me) has pics in his gallery proving that it's really there! is it real or he's just very lucky? i ordered it to be installed by the dealer and they're charging me $105 for it and if it's already there i don't want them to rip me off...please help me here!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Great costumes and an even better win over the Raiders. Yeah my adult son is a 49ers fan.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Oh well, maybe Rick will surprise you with some small kindness.... Of course, never forget that even though they call themselves Motoring Advisors, they are car salesmen, and getting the commission should take the sting out of the awkwardness. Wehn do you get to pick yours up? Ours should be ready for pickup on the 21st.
Yeah, the 21st is what I heard initially(after I nagged my MA; he didn't tell me on his own), which was part of my upset. As it was supposed to be the beginning of October. Did you all hear of a group of MC's being returned to port with all the cabrio's with the incorrect 2007 vin #'s? Or am I the only one who was told that? Apparently that was the excuse for the lag time.
Anyway, Rick now says ready for pick up about 4-5 hours after dealership arrival, around the 15th or 16th. Yiiiiippppeeee!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by climbergirl
ok.... so what did you order?? Don't tell me you ordered a new 335
I got to drive one of those last week. For me although they look and sound awesome, it just doesn't feel right (doesn't fit).

Old 10-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Urban Elf
I picked up my MINI at Long Beach this morning. Had rad day. When I have proper pics I will post them, BUT I needed to post some of my thoughts...

#1 - I love Astro Black.

#2 - I drove from my dealership to my insurance company. After signing some papers I went back to my car and a man looking over my car who commented on how cool/beautiful my car was.

#3 - My first wave. I drove from the insurance company and to my credit union. Leaving the credit union I spotted an old man driving a MCS HB/B motoring in the opposite direction who gave me a casual wave.

I'll never forget you, old man.
Sounds like a perfect day. Sigh. I'm very happy for you.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
CG and JJ, do you know what your angst and worry about your MINI package choices remind me of? Pre-wedding jitters... OMG, have I made the right choice? Will I still love him/her later, will he/she treat me right after the vows? :impatient :impatient :impatient I've been going through it myself; everytime I see MINIs with those so sporty and rad stripes passing by, I think, why didn't I get stripes? Those are so MINI-like, I can identify the car a mile away! Then I see one without that is all polished and chromed up like some limousine jewel and I think, yeah, that is more like me in my more mature years; then it is, no, I refuse to grow up, I really am sporty and drive like a mad-woman... but I don't have to have stripes to do that... I'll just fool my passengers about what's under the bonnet after they relax and just before the first big twisty! So, NO MORE SECOND GUESSING! This isn't a partner for life and each and every MINI is awesome no matter what the package. Live with them for awhile. Make changes much later if you are still so inclined (at least with the MINI it IS possible to make changes, while with a mate... well, we won't go into that...)
Funny - I went through this while Polly was on order. I've mentioned it before but I changed the color and stripe options at least six times before I came to the final decision. Now I am happy and no more second guessing.

All of you - your babies look awesome - there really is no such thing as a plain MINI.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Since you are in the area of Port Hueneme.... If you should hapen to see the Pegasus Leader lurking around the port area.... Weve seen and heard several rumors about her, and would love to know if she is really in town. We've heard rumors of 10/8, 10/10, 10/11 and 10/14 docking.....

Thanks!
I'll try and swing past on my way home from work on Tuesday and let you all know.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Not to get my hopes up too high, but I just checked the OL, and it shows I'm at the VPC with an "estimated delivery date" of Oct. 9- tomorrow.

Oh, would that it were so.

Cautiously optimistic.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Not to get my hopes up too high, but I just checked the OL, and it shows I'm at the VPC with an "estimated delivery date" of Oct. 9- tomorrow.

Oh, would that it were so.

Cautiously optimistic.
Here's hoping for you

Old 10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Here's hoping for you
Likewise.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:21 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
So as I was sitting here pondering that the OL said my car was at the dealership but hadn't gotten a call, the phone rang!

It was East Bay MINI, and I am picking up Clara on Thursday!

So then I started to panic that I still have not sold my car. Three seconds later, the phone rang again, and it was a very nice young woman who was interpreting for her father. We met and I sold the car to them an hour later

Everything fell into place just in time. Things have been really crappy for me lately, healthwise and in my professional life and I was wondering when karma would start to turn around. It started to yesterday afternoon with some things professionally and then today with this. I feel sappy saying it but it is just meant to be. Maybe my MINI will cure my life!

Maybe.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Whooopeee!

Oh, I'm so happy for you MLWagner!!!!! Of course your MINI will change/cure your blues and your karma was always meant to be good... it was just a matter of faith and patience. Remember, we later recipients (Pegasus Leader MINIs, etc.) need pictures ASAP! :impatient OMG, Thursday is just around the corner!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Waiting, waiting, waiting...

I'll try and swing past on my way home from work on Tuesday and let you all know.
I'm holding my breath, saying my mantra and crossing everything I can cross (wish I didn't have a bum shoulder; it would otherwise be pretzeled across too!) Thanks for the port check!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Good genes

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Kissmys
Great costumes and an even better win over the Raiders. Yeah my adult son is a 49ers fan.
Your son has good taste. We do too, and as I mentioned, we love the Broncos, truely... but wait until next weekend...all bets are off!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Next weekend will probably be the last football weekend for me though. I plan to be motoring with Merlin on the weekends (Sunday-Monday). I gotta get them breakin behind me so I can have Webbmotorsports install the new CAI and 15% pulley and after that it's Katie bar the door.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
We'll be watchin' together...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Next weekend will probably be the last football weekend for me though. I plan to be motoring with Merlin on the weekends (Sunday-Monday). I gotta get them breakin behind me so I can have Webbmotorsports install the new CAI and 15% pulley and after that it's Katie bar the door.
Let me know which CAI you go for... I'm doing that too, along with the 15% pulley. So is it recommended that you don't add those mods until you're past the 1250 mi. break in? (That would make sense.) I don't expect to be motoring until sometime after the 21st, so perhaps the 15th is my last football game for a bit also... but we'll probably record the games (still no real confirmation on Pegasus' ETA.) When do you pick up Merlin?

Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I need some input. I'm working on my custom roof graphic and can't decide which one of these three I want on it. I'm leaning towards the last one just because of the spirit of it (hehe) and one of my friends agrees, but my mom and my father-in-law like the 2nd one...I'm looking for more opinions before I finalize and I trust you guys, what do you think??

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-24_1.jpg   R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-50_1.jpg   R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-b2_1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 AM
aiiee
3rd Gear
Definitely the second graphic. Motoring is joy

Old 10-09-2006, 10:25 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by aiiee
Definitely the second graphic. Motoring is joy
Agreed - hard to top Snoopy doing the "happy dance".

Scott

Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I have to agree with the happy dance! It says it all. The "pfffttt" is cute, but could get old after awhile. Dancing for joy will make everyone smile! You could always make a small badge sticker of #3 for the passenger side window (seen by slower drivers as you pass by...)

Old 10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
So as I was sitting here pondering that the OL said my car was at the dealership but hadn't gotten a call, the phone rang!

It was East Bay MINI, and I am picking up Clara on Thursday!

So then I started to panic that I still have not sold my car. Three seconds later, the phone rang again, and it was a very nice young woman who was interpreting for her father. We met and I sold the car to them an hour later

Everything fell into place just in time. Things have been really crappy for me lately, healthwise and in my professional life and I was wondering when karma would start to turn around. It started to yesterday afternoon with some things professionally and then today with this. I feel sappy saying it but it is just meant to be. Maybe my MINI will cure my life!

Maybe.
Congratulations and I'm very happy for you too. MINI's and other nice things have a way of turning everything positive including thoughts

Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
I need some input. I'm working on my custom roof graphic and can't decide which one of these three I want on it. I'm leaning towards the last one just because of the spirit of it (hehe) and one of my friends agrees, but my mom and my father-in-law like the 2nd one...I'm looking for more opinions before I finalize and I trust you guys, what do you think??
I'd go for the happy dance (#2).

Number 3 is for a little sign you hang out the window when some jerk in a big SUV cuts you off and 2 minutes later you see them pulled over by CHP (happened just the other day - it felt sooooo good )

Old 10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
homerwest
5th Gear
Thanks Boneman!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
I would wait till after breakin just incase there are issues. Webbmotorsport has designed a new CAI, I will probably go with it. I'll let you know what it's like.
Merlin will be at Ralph Schomps tommorrow but I may not be able to get him till as late as the 23rd but I'm hoping for next Saturday or Monday. The wife won't let us shut the studio down in order to get him sooner and I don't want to go pick him up without her, that just wouldn't be right. We do want to do a daylight inspection before taking delivery.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)