1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJ — you are such a sweetheart to make sure your wife gets to pick up Merlin with you... I can imagine that it is pretty frustrating knowing a whole week or more will go by while you MINI is waiting for you...

Are the Bronco's are playing tonight?

Old 10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Not to get my hopes up too high, but I just checked the OL, and it shows I'm at the VPC with an "estimated delivery date" of Oct. 9- tomorrow.

Oh, would that it were so.

Cautiously optimistic.
Boggles the mind how little your dealer knows about the status of your car.

Day 11 after docking. Still no ETA beyond "next couple of days."

At this rate, MINIs from the Pegasus Leader will start getting to their new homes before mine does.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:43 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
JJ —

Are the Bronco's are playing tonight?
You betcha! Go Broncos! (I moved from CO to CA a couple of years ago...)

Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
highrev
Neutral
I've been checking the tread for a while now and think is time I posted. I just wanted to say I got my dark Silver MCS on Friday and love it.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
limster
2nd Gear
Home sweet home

I finally got my MCS home today from Long Beach MINI. MA Matt took care of me, everything were super smooth. I couldn't wait to drive my car on the 110 N from downtown and see how it handles the curves. It took a an hour to wipe the grin off of my face. I now have a set of 16" V spokes with 45 miles that I'm going to sell.

Good luck to everyone this was a very cool group.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Katie the Cavalier has left the building. I'm sad, but relieved. She was good to me but with 81,000 miles it was time!

Old 10-09-2006, 05:08 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Katie the Cavalier has left the building. I'm sad, but relieved. She was good to me but with 81,000 miles it was time!
And perfect timing, too!

Old 10-09-2006, 05:17 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
300 miles later and I have loved every moment of it. Since delivery I have swapped out the S-Lites and RF's for aftermarket tires and wheels, added a shorty antenna, and am going to get it tinted this weekend. I must say, it is starting to look like a totally different car than the one that I picked up just last week. Pics to come (hopefully!) if I can pry myself away from driving to MINI to take some pictures that is. Hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Keep your fingers crossed for me.... with MOE coming in this week that means I'll be at the dealers next week.... still got the Z3... I'm thinking we might have to CarMax it for some options. But then when I was at my buddy's house this weekend he said, "wow this is the last time we see Sunny".. made me kinda sad. Sunny is a fantastic car with no real problems.. I just can't have both. :(

Old 10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
KISS MY S
Looking at the San Diego shipping sheet we're back to arrival 10/12 at 7am.... but thats SD... we're figuring Pegasus will dock at Port Hueneme first then Long Beach then San Diego... so that means she should be pulling up to the curb late tomorrow...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Yes the Broncos played tonight, and won. I'm going to bed now to dream MINI dreams.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
OMG! I hadn't really put all that together! The difference between Hueneme and SD. That means that I might really be getting Minx as early as Sunday, the 22nd. Breathe, breathe, breathe...:impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 10-09-2006, 10:17 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Yeah, baby!...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Kissmys
Yes the Broncos played tonight, and won. I'm going to bed now to dream MINI dreams.
... and a good game it was! Congratulations! Read eenieMini's last post. Pegasus is soon to come in for a "landing"... I am sooooo excited. I will be having MINI dreams too!

I have kept this whole thing a complete secret (major surprise) from my kids so far. My 18 yr. old saw me sending you a message this morning and accused me of communicating with a complete stranger that would stalk me and maybe cause bodily harm to the family!!! I can't explain the NAM thing to her yet. It is really quite funny in a weird way. So now she is doing her next English paper in college on internet crimes... ! I told her about you being a pro photographer and Renaissance fan, etc. and I got the "oh sure, mom" speech. Wait 'til I tell her you wear tights!

Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys posted
Wait 'til I tell her you wear tights!
And carry two swords.
Then there is always the folks I hang out with on All Hallowed eve

Old 10-10-2006, 07:26 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Scary!

JJ — Sounds (looks) like you really know how to enjoy Halloween! Are you going to dress up Merlin? Cape, pointy hat, etc.? Some sparkles? What kind of photography do you specialize in (curious about your studio...) As a designer, I've worked with a lot of photographers over the years. Have a great Tuesday (my favorite day of the week)

Old 10-10-2006, 07:39 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Are you going to dress up Merlin? Cape, pointy hat, etc.? Some sparkles?
Dressing up MINIs is not without precident!

Large version here

And more from: sweetdaisy.net

Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
300 miles later and I have loved every moment of it. Since delivery I have swapped out the S-Lites and RF's for aftermarket tires and wheels, added a shorty antenna, and am going to get it tinted this weekend. I must say, it is starting to look like a totally different car than the one that I picked up just last week. Pics to come (hopefully!) if I can pry myself away from driving to MINI to take some pictures that is. Hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am!
'SC,

What's the ride difference without the run-flats? Do you have any pics of your new wheels and where did you go to get your tint?

Gracias

Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Euro Parcel Shelf

For all of you wanting to get the Euro Parcel Shelf... it has been discontinued. I just got an e-mail from outmotoring.com regarding my order. Called Classic MINI- out of stock, not available.

Found 5 left in stock at MyMiniParts. $95 shipped, with rubber mat.

Can't believe they canceled this part!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys posted
What kind of photography do you specialize in (curious about your studio...)
We own a portrait/event studio in a subburb just west of Denver. This is our 31st continuous year in business. We do a lot of high school seniors, families, wedding etc.. The photo in my last post was done last night for a promotional piece on our large Halloween display we put up every year to promote our Holiday Special. All my education was in theater but some how I wound up behind the camera.
Can't wait for Merlin to get here for a photo shoot. I won't be displaying Merlin at Halloween though, we get over 800 kids at the studio and not all of them are well behaved. So Merline will spend a safe night in the garage.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
'SC,

What's the ride difference without the run-flats? Do you have any pics of your new wheels and where did you go to get your tint?

Gracias
The ride difference has been a lot less harsh. Before I would feel every bump in the road, but now I find the ride to be a lot smoother. Acceleration is also better as well. I don't have any pics of my wheels, but I will try and get some up this weekend. As for the tint, I haven't gotten it done yet, but plan to on the weekend. There is a thread in the so cal regional forums about tint, and I will probably take it to one of those places to get it done.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
handn
3rd Gear
After much despair and a seemingly endless wait (and a lot of complaining- I felt like I was 12 years old and someone told me Santa had left the presents, but Christmas was delayed for a couple of days ) I FINALLY got the call today that my MCS was at the dealership.

However, when we got there to pick it up, my daughter had other ideas about what car she was going home in:

After much negotiating, we stuck with the original plan: (dark pic, better ones to come later)

Old 10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
oh mygod, how tall are you? great looking family, and congratulations!

Hey I need to keep up with MLWagner, I need to order some detailing supplies.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl

"Only" about 6'5"- with a couple inches headroom to spare in the MCS. (more room than I have in our 330i)

Forgot to add how much of a blast the MCS is! Smiles all around. My wife made me promise that SHE could drive tomorrow. She's gonna have so much FUN!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
"Only" about 6'5"- with a couple inches headroom to spare in the MCS. (more room than I have in our 330i)

Forgot to add how much of a blast the MCS is! Smiles all around. My wife made me promise that SHE could drive tomorrow. She's gonna have so much FUN!
Love it!! I am sure that I will have to share my car as well. If I was her, I would keep the keys for myself.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by climbergirl

Be careful...it's a hopeless addiction! My garage cabinet is now overflowing!

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)