1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:20 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feelin' the spirit...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
We are the Mystic MINIs. May we always feel the spirit and take the time to recognize eachother.

So Mote it Be
JJ — Minx and I will always be a W36er and feel the spirit. And I honor the priveledge and knowledge that we are part of a very special group who recognizes that we do indeed have the last of the classic MCSs.

Keep on keepin' on!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:23 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
One question...

Originally Posted by yonahleyah
Homer - it is Alliant, and the contact girl is Marlene.
Thank you yonahleyah! Before I make a call to Marlene today, I have just one question. Does qualifying for this loan require my belonging to a PTA? I saw no mention of it in your note, but it was in the original query. I don't have children young enough to offer me that opportunity any longer... but I sure do like Alliant's rates!

Old 10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Thank you yonahleyah! Before I make a call to Marlene today, I have just one question. Does qualifying for this loan require my belonging to a PTA? I saw no mention of it in your note, but it was in the original query. I don't have children young enough to offer me that opportunity any longer... but I sure do like Alliant's rates!
Kind of sort of. My aunt belongs to the PTA, but they didn't even ask. I think climbergirl actually joined, so you could say you two are cousins. They really don't ask. It just needs to be someone in your family.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:48 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by yonahleyah
Homer - it is Alliant, and the contact girl is Marlene. She told me to tell all ya'alls that you're welcome to give her a ring. 800.328.1935 x 2175. You can tell her that Jessie in LA sent you. With good credit, it's 4.75% up to 72 months, and automatic withdrawal from your account. I think it goes up if you don't do automatic. Her hours are odd, like 7-3 central time, so mornings are best to catch her. Then they'll overnight you the check when the app clears.
Thanks Jessie - I called too late today, but left her a message. Now to sell old red....

Old 10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Thanks Jessie - I called too late today, but left her a message. Now to sell old red....
I sold my 95 volvo in two days on craigs list, and my best friend sold her 94 nisan within 2 hours of posting on there.
My car keeps getting postponed! What have you heard from Irvine? Apparently it should have arrived Saturday or Friday, and "hopefully" (per my MA) will be ready next Saturday. This is just killing me.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
You can be my cousin!! Or you can join the PTA without having children in the school. I am representing one of my neighbors children. As for alliant, you need to be >740 for the lowest rate. They also have good refinance rates.

Kissmys, where is Minx?

Old 10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please meet Polly...

Been aware for a few days and have finally gotten up to date. I always look forward to catching up with our noble, poetic, shopping crazed group and there has been no disappointment.

Speaking of which, finally got down to SB and picked up Polly yesterday. Tomorrow she goes in for tinting and clear bra - after that everything that goes in or on her will be done by me....

Old 10-16-2006, 02:52 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
She's sooooo cute!

Clara gets her clear bra on Wednesday. I am biting the bullet and paying a lot more than I wanted, but with the Northern California clear bra horror story show that's been going on around here, I at least feel comfortable that the workmanship is warrantied forever, which I guess is more imporant than a few hundred bucks right now.

Then I can put the stripes on and take some pictures! I keep meaning to go take some for you guys, and then I get to Speed Shining, or cleaning the glass, and get all distracted!

And my audio guy is installing the OEM Sirius on Friday, which means ALL of my mods (that are planned so far, anyway, haha) will be done this week. Yay!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Boneman - she's a beauty!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
uscfan
3rd Gear
Just instsalled my M7 STB this weekend. Can't believe how easy of an install it was, even for someone with no mechanical ability! It literally took me 5 mins to install. Thanks risquiscott for all of your help. I also got my windows tinted at Tint Plus. My car has changed so much since I first got it, I can't believe its the same car! And everyone else's car looks great! I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:21 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Ieeeeeeeeee I already have a chip in my windshield. Son of a!

Old 10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I've got a date with my MINI!!!!!

Originally Posted by climbergirl
Kissmys, where is Minx?
Hold on to your seat! I finally talked to my MA "live" and Minx is expected at East Bay MINI this Friday!!! My sweet husband has scheduled a fishing trip for this weekend, and as you may remember, this whole thing is supposed to be a big surprise for my kids, etc. SO, being the wonderful wife that I am, I told him to go ahead and fish and that I'll be patient until Tuesday, the 24th.:impatient :impatient :impatient (He is speaking at the Oracle Open World convention in S.F. on Monday...) I'm having EBM put on the full clear bra kit, as the idea of even driving a few miles to an installer and maybe getting a tiny chip or ding is beyond my comprehension! Plus, they came in cheaper than any other outfit that I've priced so far ($485) and it has a lifetime "free replacement" guarantee against yellowing or cracking. I've made an appt. for tinting on Thursday. Needless to say, I'M SO EXCITED!!! CG — are you already driving your new baby?

I've opened an account with Alliant and will hopefully get this car financing underway soon. My credit is excellent and Marlene told me that if I set up automatic payments I'd get 4.0%! A hella better than 6.39!

Okay. Now it's starting to feel real to me. I've been gazing at a Week 18er's photos to try and remember what the RG/S even looks like! He has some great pics that will have to do until I take my own...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysea...52767985/show/

JJ— what's the date you're picking up Merlin?

One last thing. Shoulder is still a mess. So I'll definitely be a good "break in" driver.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Ieeeeeeeeee I already have a chip in my windshield. Son of a!
D**N! Plug it quick!

Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I already made an appointment with Safelite for Wednesday Pleeeeease no cracks pleeeeease no cracks!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:02 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
We'll all send a collective "hold" on that chip and keep it in its place! Cracks WILL NOT HAPPEN! Hey JJ — get those Druid priests on it! (please... mote it to be)

Old 10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
No cracks... no cracks... no cracks... no cracks....

And, with that out of the way...

I picked up Lil' Blue today!!! She looks just like her earlier pix - but I'll post some more with her topless in a day or two.

Let's see - got home from the 6 hour roundtrip to the dealer at 3PM eastern. Was on concalls with work until 6PM. Still managed to do the following between 3PM and 7PM:

quick wipedown, remove bugs from the 90 mile trip home, claybar a few spots, clean wheels
Apply British Leyland badge to tailgate, union jack/checkered badges to sides below S vent and dash on passenger side
Ice everything (I love that stuff already)
303 dash and doors
Install denim blue glovebox tidy (which matches cool blue paint nicely)
install euro parcel shelf
install taillight flasher circuit (required removal of left taillight - tight quarters)
install m7 strut tower plates
install big "Lucas" battery label on top of fusebox (homage to old TR7 Prince of Darkness)
buy slime/pump kit and plug kit and new guage at Advance Auto
Program universal garage door opener w/ intellicode (painful because it doesn't work exactly like the manual says - but www.homelink.com is RIGHT)
Plus I already had union jack frame, valve caps installed at dealer, plus rubber mats front, rear and boot
so lots of little subtle union jacks all over the place

Whew. I'm done until UPS comes tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that....

Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Congrats guys!
KissmyS... my MA called today too but he was more vague one when Moe will arrive.. he said we're looking at a week. I begged for the car this weekend.. he said he'd see what he could do we'll see... I bet I get it after the weekend he wouldn't even say that the truck was due in on Friday. I've thought of calling back. ;0)

Old 10-16-2006, 07:09 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Kissmys, I took official delivery yesterday. She has an appt set up for tomorrow for tint. Then she needs a good detail since she has been trucked into the desert. Now all the mods need to be installed (driving lights, sportlink, sirius, parcel tray, aux input), and I need to decide about the Koni's fsds. The M7 plates are already in place. After the tint, I am going to install her pretty green eyes and rear bumper guard and correctly install her mats.

MLWagner, that sucks about the chip. I was wondering if I waxed the windshield, if the rocks would be more likely to slide off. I ended up getting the sirius eom setup too. I am going to have my SO install it.

Boneman, Polly is beautiful. Wanna hear something funny? My friend saw my car, and she says "oh, this car is so cute and sassy just like you!" I think I will have to call her Sassy after all.

I will post better photo's of Sassy in a couple of days.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hang in there eenie - it's worth the wait.

I forgot to mention - she ROCKS.
OMG. You can't possibly stay below 4500 RPM for 1200 miles in a MCS auto - gimme a break. The thing goes into kickdown when I BREATHE on the gas. In manual mode I can kinda keep it down if I pay close attention...

I haven't had a ticket in over 10 years. Now I'm going to lose my license if I don't get it under control and FAST. And the HK is great. I'm also going to be deaf. A deaf old guy with no drivers license. With a rockin MCS convertible. And a garage full of detailing crap. How pathetic...

I gotta get it under control.

Deep breath. "Tomorrow I will stay out of the supercharger. Tomorrow I will drive rationally, responsibly and economically. Tomorrow I will act like a grownup. Tomorrow I will stop ordering parts like there's no such thing as 'too much'. Tomorrow. Tomorrow."

Crap. I don't think it's working...

:impatient

Old 10-16-2006, 07:29 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Compensating
A deaf old guy with no drivers license. With a rockin MCS convertible. And a garage full of detailing crap. How pathetic...
Okay, that totally cracked me up!

I put Clara's "jammies" on her tonight for the first time. I got an Evolution cover from Griot's (man, they have a lot of my money) mainly because it's supposed to be "weatherproof". We'll see, I suppose, but I'm mainly just trying to keep from having to Speed Shine her every waking moment of the day. Hubby seriously thinks I've lost my mind.

She looks cute. They're bright blue!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:00 PM
rachaelstarr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Compensating
I'm also going to be deaf. A deaf old guy with no drivers license. With a rockin MCS convertible. And a garage full of detailing crap.
:impatient
LOL! That's what I like to hear!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:11 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Merlin comes home tommorrow night (Tuesday). He goes in for clearbra and tint on Monday so I won't be motoring him much this week but that will give me a chance to install the M7 STS and the PIAA 540s. Sold the 92 Dodge Grand Caravan tonight, took the Samuari in for a complete lube and tune up. Don't need Sammy getting jealous.
Boneman
Polly is so sweet.
Minx
You are to kind to that husband. I have conceded to let my wife drive Merlin off the lot, the smile on her face will be worth it.
Climber girl
You are going to be one busy lady.
To all
Every Mystic MINI has the blessings of the four Druid High Priest but they did not promise us immortality. The MINIs are now in our hands but the High Priest have left us with these words of wisdom:

Fíoraim bríocht
a neart néil cuma
braen fola ar fhear.
Bíodh fó an bíth.
Bruiter drong, go mbá crith,
ár cuain Chuinn
go mbá i n-eas,
gach neart níath.
Bíodh flaith fúach.
Fhir do-liach, go luidh brách.
Búaidnibh slógh
biáidh ós gach Eoghan Mór.
Mogh Corb cas cliti sealaig.
Bíodh ráidh, flaith nóifer.
Fíoraím bríocht.

So mote it be

Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I got my first wave this morning! I was on the 101 and I saw a DS MCS coming up behind me, so I got out of the way and as it passed, I turned to look and a very nice-looking couple were waving and grinning at me. I waved back and they continued on past me while I took my exit. Very cool.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
ok...here she is...i decided to take her pics anyway since there's not enough dirt to show up on the pics

she's space blue with silver u-stripe...

congrats to those of you who've taken delivery and for those who are still waiting...hopefully it won't be much longer...hang in there!

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-dscf0831.jpg   R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-dscf0832.jpg   R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-dscf0837.jpg  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
LadyMini - she's a beauty! Love the U stripe on the bonnet!

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)